• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I think Ash493 is right here. Movements don't really work too well out of the camera's sight, so it would be better to instead just use the movesprite command as soon as they're walking off screen.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Okay, how do I make a sprite stay hidden like the leaving town script with oak from the original firered?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Okay, how do I make a sprite stay hidden like the leaving town script with oak from the original firered?

You need to use a setflag together with the hidesprite command. The setflag value being the People ID of the person you want to hide.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
You need to use a setflag together with the hidesprite command. The setflag value being the People ID of the person you want to hide.

worked fine, i just put scripts around every possible move away from the door (3 spots) that hid the sprite immediately before you could even see him, and then the new script pops him up and he walks on screen afterwards.

Or is there a more efficient way to do this?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
worked fine, i just put scripts around every possible move away from the door (3 spots) that hid the sprite immediately before you could even see him, and then the new script pops him up and he walks on screen afterwards.

Or is there a more efficient way to do this?

Have you considered using a level script, eventually?

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Have you considered using a level script, eventually?

I've looked into those, but I can't ever find any tutorials that go into great detail on them.

If you know of any guides that can help me with those, I'd appreciate it, because every time I mess with those I usually do something wrong and the script freezes.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I've looked into those, but I can't ever find any tutorials that go into great detail on them.

If you know of any guides that can help me with those, I'd appreciate it, because every time I mess with those I usually do something wrong and the script freezes.
Cooley did a fantastic tut on that, here's the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
And don't get discouraged, freezing is actually to be expected with level scripts.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Alright, on this rainy weather map, I have about 8 trainers. All 8 work except for 1. What happened is, after you beat him, the rain turns into his sprite and an arrow (both pink), and the camera becomes movable instead of the player. Here's the script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1D 0x0 @challenge @defeat
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Alright, on this rainy weather map, I have about 8 trainers. All 8 work except for 1. What happened is, after you beat him, the rain turns into his sprite and an arrow (both pink), and the camera becomes movable instead of the player. Here's the script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1D 0x0 @challenge @defeat
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

0.o
You know what we need? A bug of the week thread. And you win.
Have you tried changing his Person ID/sprite/both? Frankly, I think you should just delete that particular trainer and insert a new one, if you need eight.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
0.o
You know what we need? A bug of the week thread. And you win.
Have you tried changing his Person ID/sprite/both? Frankly, I think you should just delete that particular trainer and insert a new one, if you need eight.
I've tried all of that lol.

pokemonfireredgba.png

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Yep, didn't work either >.>. Also, now when I try to change Pokemon near him, when I back out, I'll start playing as him instead.
A similar thing happened to me too.
Try changing its OW to see if the problem persists.
If not, you'll just have to play without him. :(
That's what I think.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I would say just delete the trainer then, that's the wierdest and most awesome bug I've ever seen. May I save that screenshot? I'll seriously see about starting up a Bug of the Week thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back