• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Sounds like something that would get its ass kicked by a baby you mean.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There are tons of baby names, that's why, lmao.

droomph

weeb
Years
@Toujours Yeah, but all of them are like "Andrew" and "Ian" and "Tracey" and "Ash" and "Misty" and where am I going with this

Anyways, I honestly think the Meteorological Society should just choose a fitting name after the actual hurricane for record-keeping purposes - if it's killed millions of Jewish people, name it Hurricane Hitler. If it's well planned out and nobody gets hurt but a couple people almost die, call it Hurricane Voldemort. Stuff like that.

@Jellicent Yeah, I was going for Category 5... :\

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Anyways, I honestly think the Meteorological Society should just choose a fitting name after the actual hurricane for record-keeping purposes - if it's killed millions of Jewish people, name it Hurricane Hitler. If it's well planned out and nobody gets hurt but a couple people almost die, call it Hurricane Voldemort. Stuff like that.

...XD
No, no no no, that would be horrible. Funny though it may be, I think people may be a little...ticked by that.
Why not call it something like Death Clock?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Dunno why but now I have the name Hurricane Cartman stuck in my head, maybe I've been watching too much South Park nowadays.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
They should just number them and then no one will ever have to worry about creativity at all. :(

droomph

weeb
Years
Yes - "Have you heard about Hurricane 1580-408C?"

"Oh dude, it was as bad as 1821-384I..."

Also, why is it called a "cyclone" in some places, "typhoon" in others, and "Hurricane in North America?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
C isn't a number, lmao. We can remember numbers like 9/11 and such, we could remember "Hurricane 125" if it was a big deal. XD

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I'm glad that I didn't go to SF Pride this year, because I just found out that my mom went.

Would have been awkward to run into her there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Can you imagine what number hurricane we would be on if we did it by numbers. I'm all right with the system that they have (they go with the same names every several years unless it's a major hurricane. Thus we'll never have another Katrina or Andrew etc etc) since it's simple. But it seems I'm one of the few who thinks this aha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Can you imagine what number hurricane we would be on if we did it by numbers. I'm all right with the system that they have (they go with the same names every several years unless it's a major hurricane. Thus we'll never have another Katrina or Andrew etc etc) since it's simple. But it seems I'm one of the few who thinks this aha.

If it were done by numbers I'd be way too confused. Like, WAY. That'd be cray-cray. Names are easier, but it's still funny to see them named and whatnot.

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, it's nice to see another name ruined by tragedy.

I think what we should do is we should put safety procedures in the name. Like "Hurricane gurrrrl ya gonna have to board up your walls!" or "Hurricane just ride it out honey, nothing bad's gonna happen."

Or a more viable solution - yeah the names are a good plan. That's why that plan has stuck for the past hundred years. So we should just stick to it like we have, and just come up with some different names (you know, not from the top 10 list)

Oh god we're talking about the weather again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back