• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Mew or Mewtwo?

Mew or Mewtwo?

• Mew

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
Years
Mewtwo for its appearance and overall superior stats. Mew may be able to learn any move, but it pails in comparison to the former's power.

Years
Both are great pokémon, but i have to vote Mewtwo.
Indeed Mew is a great pokémon, that can learn everything, is so cute and adorable, but i think MewTwo is better because of his background, the story they gave him, making him so kick ass.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I'm going with Mewtwo because its stats are better.Though Mew has a wider movepool Mewtwo isn't far by much.Plus its backstory and its design made it badass for me.

Years
Mew is a really interesting pokémon for obvious reasons:
- good type
- big movepool (understatement)
- moderate high stats overall
- good team member.

From up to gen III (that I know) It seems to be the best baton-passer that ever existed.
Because it can cover itself against its most crippling weaknesses to suit your team.

If you can give me another pokémon who can reach, even his tip in this role,

let me know...

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Mew, definitely. I never liked the Cerulean Cave itself even though I liked some of the weird stuff that you could catch in it. It was definitely my least favorite gen 1 cave, probably because my routine was to get to Mewtwo, use the Master Ball, and have to backtrack all the way. It seemed so petty to go through all that for 2 seconds worth of catching.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
Mew;
'Cuz it's better, stronger and has a wider movepool than mewtwo,
I mean it really is better than Mewtwo, despite Mewtwo looking better than Mew.
Mew is always better, and it's not manmade unlike Mewtwo.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Mew. It's simply adorable and very rare. Mewtwo you can get him in the cave and also in the remake. But for Mew, it's very rare and you can't get it unless by an event. Which makes it more rare than Mewtwo. And it can learn every single TM/HM.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
See, I just loved Mewtwo. In the original games, he felt like the ultimate accomplishment when you caught him. He was the legendary you fought when you had already shown all of the other legendaries who was boss. He seemed like the epitome of accomplishment to me. And I could get him honestly, while I was watching all of the other kids gameshark their way to Mew.

Back