• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

George recalled Uhuru whispering praise to the ball as he placed it back on his belt. He wandered over to Lucia slowly keeping his eye on Roberto in case he decided George was a threat.
"Thanks, it was a great battle! My techniques were not taught by anyone although i guess my parents gave me some guidance when needed. I have developed them out of necessity for use when assisting their research on wild pokemon. The study sometimes needed us to stay hidden as we commanded pokemon. It was a logical step to transfer them to battling trainers. Adaptation to changing condiitions was also reequiredd in the work. I must say I am most interessted in your verbal command system and the discipline you and your pookemmon show!"

George was still strolling towards her as he said: "But i'm being boring! I held back some information earlier and so i feel like a reintroduction is in order. The names George and I'm a new student in Suicune Dorm. Which judging by your jacket you are also a part of."

George smiled and offered his hand.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mienfoo and Pachirisu were setting up their defenses as well. If this kept up they wouldn't get anywhere. It'd be like two Metapod in a one on one battle. Time to take the offensive.

"Alright Commodore, use Charge Beam on Mienfoo. Kara, use Quick attack on Pachirisu." Mark commanded. Commodore Charged up an electric beam of energy, while powering his own abilities up and fired it toward Mienfoo. Meanwhile Kara quickly flew toward Pachirisu with her claws and moved in to attack.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia smiled as George talked, and for once, he didn't speak in every day sentences with everyday words. He was actually using complex words and didn't seem to be treating her like someone who wouldn't understand his sentences! She eagerly listened to his story and her smile grew wider when he said he too was in the Suicune dorm. Lucia chuckled, "Then it's fortunate that I met you! I thought your battling style was superb! And being self taught? That just makes it better. You're pokemon were very well trained and most excellent in battle. Pray tell, how long did it take to teach each and every one all of the hand signs you used? I figured that it would take weeks or months to get them all down."

Roberto was paying any attention to George actually. Instead his gaze was focused right on the boy that was battling Lucia. He just... stared. He didn't blink or flinch or even twitch. He just watched the boy silently. In a way, that boy reminded him of someone else. The sableye... he would have to be taken care of, and soon. He couldn't risk having such a creature running around this academy, much so running around Lucia! It would take time and patience, but he would make sure that sableye would learn it's lesson as soon as it could.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
The Beach
Daniel took the piece of paper with an embarrassed smile as he stuffed it into his pocket. "Thanks! I'll send you a little message later to make sure I've got it right." He then glanced down at Hikari, blinking in confusion as she had apparently said something that got Ruby completely flustered, glancing between the Pokémon and Ruby. He then looked to Alexis, as if to try and figure out what had happened, but she simply looked away from him, almost unable to control her snickering.

He shook his head lightly and took his hand away from Hikari again, resting both of his hands on his crossed legs. "Well, uh… that's alright, I suppose. Anyway… what kind of plans do you have after we're done here? I can imagine you'd either want to relax, or get back to training your Pokémon some more, miss soon-to-be-champion." He said as he smiled playfully at her.

Alexis finally managed to stop snicker-giggling and shook her head with a wry smile up at Hikari. "Awh, they're adorable when they get all flustered. A Silk Cloth…? Hmh. I'll have to look into that!" She tilted her head a little to look up at Ruby. "Uh, Ruby? Could you… try to let Daniel know that I'd like a silk cloth or an amulet coin to wear?" She smiled up at the trainer, finding it odd to talk to a trainer who could –actually- understand her.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Beach

'O-okay, i will save your number in my pokegear when i get your message.' Ruby said with a shy blush. She saw that Daniel didn't understand what was happening, she wasn't planning on telling him what Hikari said too.

Daniel asked her if she had plans after they were done on the beach. 'Not really, my pokemon had enough training for today, i don't want to tire them too much.' Ruby answered looking at the sea, she saw a boy in the water with trunks with a flame print, he seemed fimiliar... Wasn't that Vincent? 'I don't think i'll be doing anything after we are done here.' Ruby said looking up at Daniel again.

Ruby heard Alexis talking to her. 'A silk cloth or a amulet coin? Hmm... I think those things would suit you pretty well, maybe a orange Silk Cloth?' Ruby said to Alexis thinking a little, she thought she had one in her bag back in her room. 'Alexis wanted me to tell you that she would like to wear a Silk Cloth or a Amulet Coin.' Ruby said to Daniel in a polite way and smiled.

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

Love or a nap, eh?

John cupped his hands around his mouth and called out one more time, "Caesa! Fire Spin, now!"

Fortunately for John, love was fleeting. Caesa gave her tiny head a shake as she seemed to snap out of the infatuation, if only temporarily. The fox did not seem pleased with the hold that the still slumbering Geodude had put on her and gladly spit forth a rising gust of circling flames that soon engulfed Siege.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
Oak Town​

Daniel was unsure what Hikari had said, but it had flustered Ruby pretty greatly, and even made her blush. He smiled a little as she did. Now that he thought about it, she looked pretty cute when she was blushing like that. He shook his head a little to focus on the conversation again, glancing towards the boy as well before looking back at Ruby.

"Mmh, I know what you mean. We've been through a lot today as well, so… I think I may just go somewhere quiet and get to know my new friend." He said, patting the pokéball hanging from his belt. "And… of course, taking care of the egg I got. I have no clue what to do with it though…" he admitted, scratching his chest slightly, frowning a little.

Alexis smiled brightly and looked up to Daniel as Ruby spoke to him again, causing him to blink rapidly, glancing between the two. "Oh, uh… silk cloth? What do you mean?" He raised his brows a little, obviously completely blank when it came to held items. He had never heard about them before, so this sounded a little odd to him.

Sapphire Rose

Years

'A egg?' Ruby looked at it now he mentioned it, then she smiled. 'Eggs need to be treated with alot of love... And warmth ofcourse too!' Ruby said. 'And then just wait untill the egg starts glowing.' Ruby smiled at him.

Daniel looked suprised when Ruby told him alexis wanted a Silk Cloth or a Amulet Coin. He didn't really knew what help items were. 'Silk Cloth's strenghten the attack of a certain type, blue is for water attacks, orange for electric attacks, white for normal, etc.' Ruby explained. 'Amulet Coin's double the price money you get after winning a battle.' Ruby explained. Ruby thought about the orange Silk Cloth she had, but was doubting if it was in her bag which she was holding, or in the bag back in her room. 'Held items can do different things to Pokemons in a battle, they are pretty handy, Hikari is holding a ever stone so that she won't evolve.' Ruby explained a little more.

Ruby opened her bag and searched around, and lucky enough she found the orange Silk Cloth she was looking for and handed it to Daniel. 'That's a Silk Cloth.' Ruby said smiling cutely. 'Oh!' Ruby searched in her bag again. 'And this is a Amulet Coin.' Ruby handed a little necklace with a golden coin, the little Coin looked like the Coin's Meoth's hold on their heads. 'Choose one~' Ruby grinned.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

"Aw hell!"

Lincoln watched as Siege was engulfed in the fiery vortex. Although Siege had a resistance to fire attacks Fire Spin could, and would, damage him over several turns while still allowing Caesa to make other attacks. And considering Siege was still asleep it meant there was absoloutely nothing Lincoln could do about it.

"C'mon bro, wake up! Like, use Rock Throw! Magnitude! Anything!"

Lincoln's commands continued to be made in vain as Siege slumbered on. How he could stay asleep inside a whirlwind of fire was a mystery.​

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Vincent Luna Location-Beach:

As Vince was about to hit deep sleep a pokeball burst opened from the pocket in his trunks releasing Zane, his newly caught Scraggy. Vince had totally forgotten this little guy and felt bad for it as Zane was giving him an ugly look. "What? I'm sorry I forgot about you buddy go play with the others," Vince said apologizing to his Pokemon as he figured he'd go play with the Pokemon running in the water. After he had placed Zane's pokeball with the others he started walking over there he noticed Shade growling.

"What's up Shade?" He asked the Zorua as he walked up over to the Zorua. As he asked that question he noticed something in the water. It looked like something was coming towards them and fast. Vincent wasn't sure what it was but it got all his Pokemon on edge, even Terra stopped what he was doing and stared in the direction of the incoming object. As it then came bursting out of the water it was clear what it was, a Buizel.

Vincent smirked, a battle right now would be perfect to test out Zane's skills. Before he could say anything however the Scraggy had already lunged into the air preforming a Headbutt attack, nailing the Buizel in the stomach sending it flying back into the water. "Nice job Zane!" exclaimed Vince as he watched as the Buizel came onto the beach shore.

"Alright Zane let's show this Buizel who's the boss," Vincent said enthusiastically as Zane ran in front of his trained glaring at the water type Pokemon. Vincent was now thinking that today was going to be a good day.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
((OOC: Pachirisu's nickname is Ozzy, jsyk! :) ))

Danielle Accola - Outside Pokemon Center; Battle #2

"....Charge...Beam?" Danielle murmured at Mark's calling. She immediately had the plan perfect until Mark decided to start off rough. She prays that Mienfoo wouldn't take full damage from the beam. Ozzy was already prepared to use Swift. Danielle decided to allow him to use the move. She then realized that Swift can hit both opponents. So she only needed one Pokemon to hit both. She quickly thought of another move for Mienfoo.

Mienfoo took damage of the Charge Beam, while Ozzy endured a bit from the Quick Attack.

"Ozzy, Swift on both" Danielle shouted. "Mienfoo, Focus Blast on Commodore!"

Danielle wanted to save Focus Blast till the end like she always have, but she felt this was already a tough battle. She has no plans on giving up. Ozzy starts releasing stars, swinging his tail forward and aiming the stars towards both Commodore and Kara. He had total confidence, since the move is impossible to evade.

Mienfoo quickly formed a light ball of energy and without control, he pushes the ball forward, aiming it towards Commodore. The power was pretty heavy, but all his strength went with the ball of energy. Mienfoo honestly didn't want to use Focus Blast just yet.

"I guess for this first try....it's going well." Danielle told herself.​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Swift was one thing... but Focus Blast? That was one rough attack. Commodore would probobly survive since he was fairly bulky but it was going to leave a dent in him for sure. Luckily this was working to his favor. He had a plan to avoid any more attacks like that in the future.

"Commodore, Take the hit!" Mark said to Commodore. Commodore nodded and stood firm to take the Focus Blast head on. Commodore was familiar enough with Mark's strategy. Both of the Pokemon were of course hit by Swift. Even if they tried to avoid it, the attack was going to hit them anyways. Commodore took in the Focus Blast attack as he was told. The attack hurt him alot due to the type disadvantage but thankfully he wouldn't have to worry about that kind of thing anymore.

"You alright Commodore?" Mark asked. Commodore slowly got back up and continued floating above the ground, awaiting his next command.

"Alright Commodore. Use Conversion 2!" Mark said. Since Commodore had evolved, His Conversion ability had a few changes to it as well. The move would change Commodore to a type that would resist the last move that he was hit by. In this case, he was hit by a Fighting Type. In this case, Porygon was able to converse into a Ghost Type. His Color Palette had changed into a Black and darkish purple look. Of course, Mark wanted to see if Danielle would know what the move did.

"Alright Kara, use Knock Off on Ozzy!" Mark said. Kara swooped toward Ozzy and attempted hit him with the blunt end of her claws.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
The Beach​

Daniel glanced towards the egg sitting in the sand besides him, smiling a little as he gave it a faint pat. He then looked back at her and nodded. "I'll keep that in mind, then!"
She then began explaining about the different kinds of silk cloth and the amulet coin, which made Daniel raise his brows a bit. Items that would help you out in battle? Now he felt like an idiot for not having known about this before, considering he was a Suicune student and all, he should be the top of his class. He already felt ashamed by being in this dorm, and this just worsened it.

Ruby then fiddled about in her bag, Daniel stretching his neck to try and look at what she was doing. He then widened his eyes a little as she held out the cloth towards him before fiddling in her bag again, holding out a coin looking a lot like the ones Meowths were wearing on their forehead. "Choose one~" she said with a grin.

This just made Daniel's cheek darken a little as he shook his head quickly. "H-hey, no, I can't ask you to give me some of your stuff. I'll just get one from town or something… I-I mean, it's really, -really- sweet of you, but you should save it to use it yourself, you know…?" He did really want to accept her gift, but he hated taking gifts from others, because he, most of the time, felt he didn't deserve them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin Ren

"It's...a Lapras," Kenshin began explaining. "A large water and ice type pokemon that is often known for carrying people across large bodies of water. There's one ... in particular I've been meeting since I first...came here."

Yet another one of Kenshin's possibly few friends.

"Today is...the day I wanna catch her," he explained.

...What was she doing now? Examining him? What was with that stance? His worries kinda melted though when he saw she was still smiling. His face blushed at her suggestion though. Did he REALLY have to take off his shirt in front of her when they got there?

...Guess he'd have to. He followed after her when she proceeded to where he assumed was the beach. When he got there he looked around. His uncomfortable feeling was coming back. There were quite a number of people here. He didn't want people to watch him catch Lapras.

AtemAndrew

Pokemon Expert
Years
The two figures (previously mentioned in my last post) notice two trainers battling. (somehow) They then walk over to quietly watch the battle, and ask them some questions after said battle was over. (wherever said battle is)

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante Redson --- Location-Icy Plains

Dante was on his way up to the mountain when it started to snow more heavily. At that point, Dante put on his go-goggles that were around his neck. With that done, Dante picked up the pace as he headed toward the mountain.

---Ten minutes later---

Dante has reached the mountain and started to look for a cave. After awhile of looking, Dante spotted a cave that was not too high. Right then, Dante started to climb up the side of the mountain to get to the cave. As soon as he got up to the cave, Dante entered the cave. The cave was barely lite as Dante had noticed. As Dante continued down in the cave, he started to hear a noise that sounded like a crashing sound.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Ruby saw how Daniel refused the gift but didn't take them back. 'Just choose one! You really helped me out just now so you deserve it.' Ruby said as she smiled at him, the sun made her blonde hair look like gold and it reflected her aqua blue eyes. She found it actually cute how he was blushing and refusing the gift, really cute, but was this alright for her to think? She looked away, blinked a few times as she realized what she was thinking and then looked back at Daniel.

'Choose one of them, don't worry about me. I can't use the Silk Cloth because i don't have electric pokemon right now, and i won't use the Amulet Coin because i have money enough.' Ruby grinned again. She was born in a rich family, so she had money enough, but this was also the reason alot of people judge her so fast.

'Your trainer is fast embaressed isn't he?' Hikari asked Alexis while snickering a little, it was amusing how Daniel shaked his head while blushing and told Ruby that he couldn't accept the gift. '(Just accept it, it's not nice to refuse gifts.)' Hikari barked to Daniel with a big grin on her face, she was really enjoying this.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
The Beach​

Alexis giggled at both Ruby and Hikari's egging him on, knowing that it didn't take alot to break his so-called 'knightly stance' of not wanting to take what wasn't his. "Yeah, go on, take it!" she called out.

Daniel glanced between the three of them, and this time, he didn't need Ruby to translate for him. He could figure out what the two Pokémon were saying. He smiled and shook his head, lifting a hand to ruffle his hair embarrassedly.

"Alright, alright… I'll take it. Th… thank you Ruby. You're really sweet." He said, his cheeks darkening a little more as he leaned closer to pick the cloth from her hand, looking up from it to have his eyes look directly into Ruby's. They were very close by now, since he had gotten to his knees to lean in and pick up the cloth. His heart thumped against his chest while he was unable to look away from her, his hand clutching the cloth lightly, yet still resting on top of her hand. For the moment, he seemed completely unable to move or say anything.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Academy Grounds

Alice couldn't help but giggle at both Roxas and Obilivio, especially when the latter knocked the former to the ground. She found the situation very amusing, especially seeing Roxas change his mind so quickly

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind." she said happily.

She glanced for a brief moment at Jello, who looked determined. She thought that maybe the Solosis wanted to battle. She found it weird. Jello was usually shy, and almost as insecure as her, but since she lost that battle and met Roxas, the purple Solosis seemed to have let go of all those traits. She smiled at him and turned back to Roxas.

"So...are we still up for that battle?" she said, making air quotes with her fingers when saying 'battle'.

Jimmy Vincent
Beach

Great. Just great. First he lost his eyesight, then he tried to make Rosalyn feel better...and now someone was trying to teach him something? A few seconds before the rebellious-looking boy thought that the situation could not get any worse, but this proved him wrong. And, being the type of person he is, he took the teacher's words as some kind of insult, as if he said he was an incapable trainer, and that he had a lot to learn. While he was a quite capable trainer, having had no losses since arriving at the Academy, it was true that he had a whole lot to learn. But he didn't want to admit that.

Kaida could feel that Jimmy was offended by the teacher's words and gave him a tight hug, hoping that it would calm him down. Jimmy had no choice but to stay and be hugged, and sighed.

"Ya just wait...I'm gonna become stronger. Way stronger." he muttered, "And then, I will meet-"

He suddenly realised he was about to say too much, and shut up.

"Humph. Never mind. Whatever."

Sapphire Rose

Years

Ruby giggled as he was shaking his head and ruffle his hair out of embaressment, it was cute to see. Even Alexis told him to just take one of the things she was holding. It didn't take long before he finally agreed to take one of them. It made Ruby blush lightly when he said she was sweet.

He leaned over to Ruby and grabbed the cloth, but he had his hand with the cloth resting on hers. They were pretty close right now and Ruby looked straight into his eyes, she noticed he was blushing, and she begun as well. Ruby's heart started thumping like crazy, it was like time had stopped. Both were looking at each other without saying anything or moving.

Hikari wasn't paying attention to the situation, she was drawing something in the sand and seemed to have fun with doing that. 'Hey Alexis, do you like bathing?' She asked her.

Roxas Jaden Asakura - Outside the Pokemon Center

Alice seemed excited to battle. 'Y-yeah! Ofcourse!' Roxas took his stance and signed Obilivio to take his place, which he did. 'I'll be using Obilivio for this one.' Roxas said with a smile.

'Oh!' Roxas took out two pokeballs. 'You guys should have some fun too.' Roxas said to his pokeballs as he brought out two pokemon, a Pikachu that was wearing an orange cloth and a cool hairstyle, and a Umbreon, instead of yellow colors she had pink rings and a pink crown on her forehead.

'Alice and Jello, this is Jaden, and Luna.' Roxas first pointed at the Pikachu, and then at the Umbreon. Both of them greeted.

Back