• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What do you think of the Hoenn Starters?

Favorite Hoenn Starter?

• Treecko

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
Torchic.

I chose Mudkip once; then it started getting overrated with the meme - you know the one - the "I heard you liek Mudkipz" meme >.<

The one time I picked Treecko, it stopped listening to me (for no reason) when I got to route 110, so I ended up having to restart … been holding a grudge against him ever since.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
I think betwen torchik or mudkip. I choose mudkip because when that pokemon to swampert the only strongest weakness is grass type... diferent with blaziken even psyhic pokemon can defeat it easily because that pokemon got fire & fighting ookemon

Sirfetch’d

This is my favorite group of starters in all honesty. I have used every one of these guys at least a dozen times, if not more! Usually with each generation I have at least one starter that I am like "meh" about, but not this one. All 3 have a very cool and unique design. Torchic is my favorite of the bunch by a very small margin and was the first of the 3 that I explored Hoenn with. :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I'm a fire type starter guy in general and I never really fell in love with treeko and mudkip was cool and all but its last evolution wasnt all that cool as far as design in my eyes. Torchic and Combusken and Blaziken just all looked cool in my eyes and had killer stats :3

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
This was a slightly difficult one, but somewhere between Torchic and Mudkip. Mudkip is a memetic, adorable amphibian, whilst Torchic is not only adorable, but it also has Speed Boost. SPEED BOOST!

As for Treecko... Grovyle and Sceptile look awesome, but Treecko? Bleh...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
Treeco is my least favorite, but I've never used it. I know a lot of people who are really behind Treeco.

Years
I know a lot of people like both Mudkip and Torchic, but nothing really stood out to me about them, so I've always gone with Treecko given the opportunity. It's just too bad that we had to wait until later generations for Sceptile to pick up a secondary typing, and even then it's only through Mega Evolution.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
At first I had fallen in love with Mudkip and Torchic, being as cute as they are and how young I was at the time when I first played Ruby. My starter was Torchic then. However Treecko's really grown on me throughout the years, no doubt is Treecko my favorite of the three now♥ Like Brendino said, it's really a shame that Sceptile hadn't gotten a secondary typing until his Mega Evolution, and even then that's not a permanent thing (or something present until you put him in the PC). Just temporary =(

Years
Which of the unique 3rd generation starters did you use? Did you have a favorite right away, or did it take time for them to grow on you? Mudkip and Torchic instantly won me over with their types and designs, perfect for Hoenn. Though it took quite a lot of time for the tree gecko to grow on me, and was the last I picked when playing through the 3 games, but it was surprizing how well rounded a Pokemon he was. Fully evolved, each have some nice type combos, except for Secptile still just a grass type. Who did you find most useful? :)

Sceptile has a very incredible speed, just bred it with someone and youll get fantastic move sets. Blaziken is just a pure offense type.

Years
Although Mudkip was my first Hoenn starter, Treecko is my favourite. I really like its relaxed, cool nature and Ash's Treecko in the anime helped me like it even more. Also Sceptile is one of my favourite final starter evolutions and his mega is really nice too.

Back