• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Was there a chinese release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

I was only able to find Japanese and Korean...

I don't think so, a very few Nintendo DS games were ever released under the iQue brand. But yeah, it would be great if this tool had Chinese support, then people could also make their own localizations of the games.

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
Here is an update for Littleroot Town by me:
something.bmp

but for some reason other maps i insert has a different height level. I wonder if it's because of the terrain editor.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Here is an update for Littleroot Town by me:
something.bmp

but for some reason other maps i insert has a different height level. I wonder if it's because of the terrain editor.

Have you complete all maps so all you have to is insert them??

VERGUNDAI

Years
Have you complete all maps so all you have to is insert them??

I've only completed editing all the maps up to Petalburg City, I'm still having a hard time inserting other maps, and I must restart on some because I have to use the same maps with the same terrains so my map connections aren't messed up or bugged.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I've only completed editing all the maps up to Petalburg City, I'm still having a hard time inserting other maps, and I must restart on some because I have to use the same maps with the same terrains so my map connections aren't messed up or bugged.

Well but its still awsome. And i question i have. Is it able to make a full hoenn remake with the hack tools we got so far??

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Hello, i don't know if i've ever posted on these forums before but I do have a suggestion for this tool.

Couldn't you make it work like advancemap by having predefined tiles/models such as tall grass, trees, etc. that is placed like with gba mapping and then have it combine all the models into one .obj and then convert it(or make a converter)?

--------------------------------------

Also I know how to export and import the maps correctly but I don't know how to actually model them in sketchup. My friend showed me how to use sketchup, but I don't know how to model without screwing up the map. For example when I tried to model littleroot town from twinleaf i deleted the fences painted the flowers and sand to be grass, added trees, etc. it looked fine in the editor except for it looked like it had issues on "No textures" mode where some things looked like they had holes or something and entering the map in game resulted in a crash saying something about "Invalid GX command ########" where # are random numbers and the message wouldn't stop popping up until i closed the emu itself.(No$Gba). Any help would be appreciated.

Also Spiky, do you have skype, it would be easier for asking questions.

Thanks for the tool :)

Edit: Another suggestion that is important is map connections but you probably already have it planned :P

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years
Couldn't you make it work like advancemap by having predefined tiles/models such as tall grass, trees, etc. that is placed like with gba mapping and then have it combine all the models into one .obj and then convert it(or make a converter)?
I hate this idea.. a lot of useless work and impossibile to realize.
Each tree isn't made of one model, all trees are a single model with larger and smaller faces: you cannot copy-past trees in that model without create new faces with different lenghts (and texture them). The same for grass, cliffs, etc...

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years

Cant wait for this remake of ruby and sapphire you got planed.
Do you plan on music hacking too? Or will the dive feature be implemented?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Sorry for the lack of updates, but today I have a screenshot that is worth a thousand words. Thanks to Link_971 we now have a French translation of the tool (German and Chinese on the works as well), and HGSS scripts are nearly done.

However, one of the most interesting additions in version 1.7.0 will probably be Generation V support for headers, matrices and maps (the latter partial). It began as a test branch, but now it's official in the main version and you'll be able to edit any of the four games in all languages.

Thanks for your support, enjoy the picture!

sdsmefrenchb2.png

VERGUNDAI

Years
Sorry for the lack of updates, but today I have a screenshot that is worth a thousand words. Thanks to Link_971 we now have a French translation of the tool (German and Chinese on the works as well), and HGSS scripts are nearly done.

However, one of the most interesting additions in version 1.7.0 will probably be Generation V support for headers, matrices and maps (the latter partial). It began as a test branch, but now it's official in the main version and you'll be able to edit any of the four games in all languages.

sdsmefrenchb2.png

OMG what a beauty!!! Thanks Spiky for sharing this..... :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013

sdsmefrenchb2.png

Wow awsome to see you´re still working on this

Platinum Lucario

Years

sdsmefrenchb2.png

Now this would be excellent and would make life alot more easier with doing scripts for the games, knowing that it's currently only possible by doing it manually and using a LUA script to find out it's location in order to find out where it is.

I'm looking forward to the next version! Best of luck to you, Marc! ^^

Platinum Lucario

Years
I want it now!!!
I've downloaded maya and now I "could" make model animations (I hope)!!!

As long as you've got Maya 7.0 along with the Nintendo NITRO-System plugins for it, then you're good to develop models and export them as .imd (Nitro Intermediate Format). Then converting it with g3dcvtr.exe and importing them with SDSME, which can already be achieved... though I'm not sure about the animations of the models though.

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years
As long as you've got Maya 7.0 along with the Nintendo NITRO-System plugins for it, then you're good to develop models and export them as .imd (Nitro Intermediate Format). Then converting it with g3dcvtr.exe and importing them with SDSME, which can already be achieved... though I'm not sure about the animations of the models though.
Yeah, I have Maya 6.0 and the Nitro plugins. I made an arceus model (not animated atm) to replace the white kyurem one in the Pokémon White 2 splash screen (title screen).
But the nsbmd of arceus has different size (byte size) than the kyurem one and if I replace it all the narcs above will be moved down causing rom crash. XD

To do animated nitro system binary models you need only to export also the animation (.ica) with the maya nitro plugins.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Actually there's some other steps you have to do, but I'm not quite sure of what. If you do exactly what you said, then the model when you import it into SDSME will look all weird and have blank textures.

Back