Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

View Poll Results: Should Legendary be considered a type?
Yes 4 19.05%
No 17 80.95%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 22nd, 2013 (06:09 PM).
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Personally, I dislike that they're releasing so many legendaries. However, legendary still has a meaning: pokemon that are hard to come across and typically having high stats. Yes, there are more of them, but they're still relatively more difficult to acquire than something you can find an infinite number of in a route.

"Back in the day", being legendary didn't mean all that much anyways. The legendary birds (60% of all legendaries back in Gen 1) had BSTs lower than Dragonite. They had no backstory at this point either (until the anime's 2nd movie and GSC gave them some.)

Legendary a type? No...
Old September 26th, 2013 (12:57 PM).
Xerneas_X
Raven

Nature: Lonely
considering they are now showing Ledendary pokemon within the new cartoon series, not very secretive, hard to find, and no big deal to everyone. i would say no.

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old September 28th, 2013 (03:19 PM).
Andrew Shard
Shards of Fury

Nature: Jolly
Legendary pokemon meant a lot to me back to the I, II and III series of pokemon. Palkia and Dialga just showed up from nowhere to me although I still liked them as legendary. I just think that there are TOO MANY legendary pokemon now.
The sinhon trio was a bit late due to the long story that pokemon had already. The creation of the pokemon world should've been revealed sooner. Arceus lost it's GOD thing because there were a lot of legendaries back to the other regions.

As for BW series... I don't think ANY of those pokemon should be legendary... Zekrom and Reshiram designs are horrible but kyurem still takes it. Victini?... pathetic... melloetta? the same... the three musketeers? don't understand the legendary thing... a tauros, a scither and other pokemon would've done the same... the three cloud things... not much to say...
I recognize that Unova was a good generation for kids who startet playing pokemon... but it was just pathethic in the majority of aspects... even the story didn't made sense...
However this is my opinion...

Now... I'm really pumped up for XY - Xerneas and Yvetal... those look like legendaries to me! really great designs. Hope the story doesn't let me down...
Old September 29th, 2013 (01:19 PM).
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
I don't see why legendary Pokemon should be a "type." It just doesn't make any sense. What would it be weak to? Strong against? It just doesn't fit, in my eyes.

However, I do agree that there are waaaay too many legendary Pokemon so the thrill of them being "legendary" has worn off. Which is a shame because when I was younger, a legendary Pokemon was the most exciting thing in the world to face. But nowadays it's too easy to get them. either by hacking or trading online.

Old September 29th, 2013 (03:11 PM).
Nolafus
Here to stay

Nature: Calm
I'll go with the group and say that there are way too many legendaries.

I still think, however, it means something. There's still only one of each per game, and incredibly difficult to catch. The only thing I could see of legendary pokemon not being so legendary is if you could breed them. I don't think that's going to happen. Since I'm a competitive battler, I'll include a sentence on that. Competitively is doesn't mean a thing. There are tons of legendaries in the NU (never used) tier, and they still never see any action.
Old September 29th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
CoffeeDrink
GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD

Nature: Bold
Hm, koff~

In some cases, it still holds value. In others, not so much. There is a large amount of Mewtwos and others on the GTS, so I believe it diminishes their overall value some. However, some I think aren't even supposed to be. Arceus. I don't like the Pokemon that created all the Pokemon/universe. I think Mewtwo is still the best because he was a science project that succeeded at the highest levels, koffi~

Sponsored Links