• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kalos Warriors: Generation 6 fan club

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
um, hi! i'd like to join.

USERNAME: Nagi
PARTNER: Meowstic (♀)

FAVOURITE X/Y POKÉMON?
it's really hard for me to just pick one Pokémon! i love the Espurr line and the Flabébé line, but Carbink is cute too. and Greninja is BADASS AWESOME

Welcome to the club. Meowstic is a great choice. I just now noticed that the move sets for the male and the female slightly differ. I've had more experience with Greninja than the rest, I just love how its Protean ability allows it to change its type at will depending on the move it uses. I should get back to battling online soon, I have a lot of teams.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
thanks! yeah, i love how the Meowstic movesets differ. i caught a female Espurr early on in X, and ever since then it'd been on my playthrough team. i loved how every time i battled Calem it would start with a female-vs-male Meowstic-off! (ノ>▽<。)ノ

i've only gotten into breeding since the current gen, so i don't really have a lot of battle-ready Pokémon at all. i've been wanting to get into competitive battling, but i really dont have enough knowledge about movesets and such to be effective i think.
i'll try and learn though, i suppose

Years
I love Meowstic, one of my faves from this generation in fact.

Both genders have really cute designs and they have varying movesets which is a first for Pokemon. It's a pretty cool concept and I do hope to see it utilized on more things in future generations. My fave of the two is the female, but the male does have his uses as well, especially his Prankster ability.

And I also like pitting my female Meowstic against Calem's male Meowstic as well. It's really fun.

Years
Preferred username: The Dark Avenger
Partner Pokémon: Dragalge

Favorite XY Pokemon.
Spoiler:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: The Dark Avenger
Partner Pokémon: Dragalge

Favorite XY Pokemon.
Spoiler:

Welcome to the club. I love Dragalge, as it is the first Poison/Dragon combination and is quite the secret powerhouse. I use one in battle at times and it has Sludge Wave, Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump and Play Rough. Oh Lord, you didn't have to add so many favorites, but I can see why you like them. It's hard for me to even pick one XY Pokemon as a favorite.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Count me in! I loved Pokemon X.

Preferred Username: Veranithas
Partner Pokémon: Aegislash
Current Topic Answer: My favourite Gen 6 Pokemon would have to be Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash. I just think it's such a cool concept of a Pokemon, and they pulled it off really well.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

Partner Pokémon: Toxicroak
Current Topic Answer: My favourite Gen 6 Pokemon would have to be Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash. I just think it's such a cool concept of a Pokemon, and they pulled it off really well.

Toxicroak is not a Generation VI Pokemon. Please pick a Generation VI Pokemon only.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

Partner Pokémon: Aegislash

Done! Sorry, didn't realise that our partner Pokemon had to be from Gen VI also! ^_^'

It's alright. Welcome to the club. Aegislash is a great choice. He is a really tough offensive and defensive competitor. I have a hard time taking him down with most moves due to his stats and almost impervious dual typing. I love using him myself too, building up his power with Swords Dance and then taking the offensive with Night Slash or Sacred Sword. King's Shield comes in handy too for a good defense.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
It's alright. Welcome to the club. Aegislash is a great choice. He is a really tough offensive and defensive competitor. I have a hard time taking him down with most moves due to his stats and almost impervious dual typing. I love using him myself too, building up his power with Swords Dance and then taking the offensive with Night Slash or Sacred Sword. King's Shield comes in handy too for a good defense.

I just got a Dusk Stone this morning actually, about two hours ago, so I now own my very own Aegislash! I do need to visit a move tutor or something and rebuild his moveset, though, the only recommended move of his I've got on him is Sacred Sword.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I just got a Dusk Stone this morning actually, about two hours ago, so I now own my very own Aegislash! I do need to visit a move tutor or something and rebuild his moveset, though, the only recommended move of his I've got on him is Sacred Sword.

I would teach him King's Shield, as it is exclusive to Aegislash only. This is what Bulbapedia says about the move:

King's Shield protects the user from any moves except status moves for that turn. Additionally, if King's Shield blocks an attack that would make contact with the user, the attacker's Attack stat drops by 2 stages. If Sucker Punch is used on a Pokémon that has used King's Shield, the move fails and the Pokémon's Attack does not drop.

If selected by an Aegislash with Stance Change while in Blade Forme, it will change to Shield Forme before it would use King's Shield, even if the move fails or is not used due to something like sleep.

Using King's Shield, Protect, Detect, Endure, or Spiky Shield consecutively decreases the chance of success to 50%. This is an increased priority move, and therefore will always go before attacks during the turn.

King's Shield is unable to defend against status moves or any of the following moves:

Doom Desire
Feint
Future Sight
Shadow Force
Phantom Force

The users of these moves do not get an Attack drop. Additionally, Feint, Phantom Force, and Shadow Force lift King's Shield's protection for the rest of the turn.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I have added Mega Steelix, Mega Glalie and Mega Hoopa to the sprite list. I have also changed a few of the sprites to look more vibrant and realistic.

I feel like I am talking to myself anymore on here. Anyone else care to join the club and/or chat about anything Kalos-related?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Got a room for another? :)

Preferred username: Aslan
Partner Pokémon: Goomy

Who is your favorite X/Y Pokemon and why?

I honestly don't have a particular favourite but instead, many that I enjoyed for different reasons. My partner, Goomy, was the cutest thing that I'd personally seen since well... sea pancakes. (they're cute I promise) ;__; Then there was Fennekin who I'd been all hyped about since its debut apeparance before my fangirling moved onto Chespin, then Greninja then Talonflame and finally Skiddo before it eventually moved off from the path of what was hip in X/Y and stumbled across the more unpopular mons like Hawlucha, Trevenant and Furfrou. :)

Why I chose Y over X? It was a matter of what version my sister wanted and what was opposite to it. :p We also agreed that our version exclusives were ones that we liked better than the other's and eventually settled for our games. That's all there is to it. Admittedly, Yveltal might of drawn me in more than Xerneas though. :(

Also just a suggestion but if we're talking about favourite X/Y mons, why not have a topic for the opposite instead? So what are your guys least favourite mons of X/Y and why?

Some designs in X/Y could of been really good concepts but were poorly executed or weren't good to begin with. Binacle and its evolution for example were beyond horrendous while Diggersby was some sort of pokemon/hiker crossover. ;__;

Years
So what are your guys least favourite mons of X/Y and why?

This is hard because I loved almost all the new Pokemon of this generation due to either good design concepts, handy abilities and also a lot of cuties in general with all those Fairy-types, but if I had to choose it'd be Binacle and its evo Barbaracle. They are so ugly, and it's even more sad that my fave Kalos Elite Four member, Siebold uses one as his ace.

I found the thing very hard to train because it didn't get many good moves until it evolves, but yeah it was the only Kalos Pokemon I didn't have fun training at all.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Got a room for another? :)

Preferred username: Aslan
Partner Pokémon: Goomy

Who is your favorite X/Y Pokemon and why?

I honestly don't have a particular favourite but instead, many that I enjoyed for different reasons. My partner, Goomy, was the cutest thing that I'd personally seen since well... sea pancakes. (they're cute I promise) ;__; Then there was Fennekin who I'd been all hyped about since its debut apeparance before my fangirling moved onto Chespin, then Greninja then Talonflame and finally Skiddo before it eventually moved off from the path of what was hip in X/Y and stumbled across the more unpopular mons like Hawlucha, Trevenant and Furfrou. :)

Why I chose Y over X? It was a matter of what version my sister wanted and what was opposite to it. :p We also agreed that our version exclusives were ones that we liked better than the other's and eventually settled for our games. That's all there is to it. Admittedly, Yveltal might of drawn me in more than Xerneas though. :(

Also just a suggestion but if we're talking about favourite X/Y mons, why not have a topic for the opposite instead? So what are your guys least favourite mons of X/Y and why?

Some designs in X/Y could of been really good concepts but were poorly executed or weren't good to begin with. Binacle and its evolution for example were beyond horrendous while Diggersby was some sort of pokemon/hiker crossover. ;__;

Welcome to the club. Goomy is cute, but I haven't grown attached to him or his evolutions yet. The rest you named, I have, mostly Trevenant, due to its unique typing and move set. I haven't bought either game but I am more drawn to Xerneas, even though I love Yveltal too. Zygarde isn't half bad either. In fact, I use him more than the other two.

As to my least favorite X/Y Pokemon, I don't think I have one. I don't favor Klefki that much, but I wouldn't say he/she is my least favorite since I happen to like all Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
LEAST FAVOURITE XY POKEMON?
there are a couple XY pokémon that are just unappealing to me and i dislike them for that reason; those would be Barbaracle first and foremost, and Aromatisse and Malamar for a joint second place i guess. but these i'm all slowly getting used to more and more too, so maybe i'll end up liking them later.

... and well, this may be weird, but i really don't like Hoopa at all either. yeah. i don't know why.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
As to my least favorite X/Y Pokemon, I don't think I have one. I don't favor Klefki that much, but I wouldn't say he/she is my least favorite since I happen to like all Pokemon.

Ah, Klefki. Guess it's just the inanimate object sort of idea that throws people off it? XD I don't mind it personally but as you said, it's not something I favour either. Though I'll admit that I don't get the connection between keys and fairy types, its design is pretty aesthetically pleasing. :)

LEAST FAVOURITE XY POKEMON?

... and well, this may be weird, but i really don't like Hoopa at all either. yeah. i don't know why.

It's not weird to dislike Hoopa, trust me. ;__; Hoopa or Diancie, the whole bunch of them were really strange designs. Both were obviously well-detailed and had heaps of effort put into their creation but the designs were off and they chose the wrong colours/body structure. They weren't very appealing, so to speak. :( Just my thought on the subject though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
It's not weird to dislike Hoopa, trust me. ;__; Hoopa or Diancie, the whole bunch of them were really strange designs. Both were obviously well-detailed and had heaps of effort put into their creation but the designs were off and they chose the wrong colours/body structure. They weren't very appealing, so to speak. :( Just my thought on the subject though.

to be honest i actually like Diancie though! ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ i think she and Carbink are actually quite cute. Hoopa i just... bah. i think it's because of his colour scheme and maybe his odd horns-with-earrings thing he's got going on. i don't know. sorry Hoopa.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One of my most favorite Kalos Pokémon would have to be Sylveon; it was the first fairy-type to be introduced, and is an Eeveelution. Many of us were wanting to see some new Eeveelution for a while, since there weren't any in generation five at all, and were pretty excited to see them deliver it; same goes for me! Alongside, I'm also a pretty huge fan of Chesnaught, due to how much of a tank it could make when it comes to battling and whatnot. Due to similar reasons, I'm also fond of Mega-Blastoise; in general, it's a gargantuan wall. At one point, it was able to withstand three Thunderbolt attacks for my team, which definitely did impress, especially considering that it's super-effective against electric-type moves!

As for least favorite, there is a couple, but right now, I suppose I would likely have to side with Volcanion; it seems sort of unrealistic to me. It's supposedly a combination of fire and water; while it does have features to make you understand it's former, there's nothing attached to its body that makes you go "hey, it's also a water-type" (or something along the lines), which disappoints me. If it weren't for this, I definitely would have liked it better.

Back