• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
I've come on this thread before, and just not posted on it because of the third gen graphics. I really shouldn't have done that, because I've just read the last few pages and this looks great. On my first look of the thread, I didn't even notice that there was a demo, so when I get back to my PC, I'll be sure to play that.

Quite a while ago you mentioned that you needed sprites for the legendary (forgive me, but I can't remember it's name, and on the iPhone it's hard to go back). In making my own game, I've made a few contacts in the spriting world, and I could have it spirited for you in exchange for some music. I can assure you they'd be extremely high quality.

Well currently, I have a sprite artist doing Xiades. Thanks for that though. And I'm hoping that this game will be proof that just because a game is in gen3, doesn't mean it will be bad.

Years
I posted this update on youtube, but I thought I should show it here since some people think that I'm not working hard enough.

My good friend, Crazyninjaguy, is helping me get this in my Pokemon game. I will have it be an arcade style game where the more points you get, you'll get more coins. It will be placed in the game corner once it is finished.

Just to let everyone know, i've finished porting this script over to essentials, so expect that in the next demo, unless thepsynergist has other plans for when to release it :3

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Looks awesome so far. Just wondering... is there a way to avoid giving up the Celebi? I caught it with one Poke ball, but my master ball disappeared :(

Also, is the physical/special split from D/P incorporated, and are there 4th gen moves/abilities? (And are 5th gen Pokemon going to later be added?)

thepsynergist

Years
I'm never going to add Gen5, this project was being started back when Gen4 was new, and I was even considering pulling them. It's very unfeasible to add 600something pokemon in a game + fakemon. But, don't worry, I'm keeping Gen4.

I scripted the Celebi event like that on purpose. You're going to get Celebi at a much later date when you deal with the mask of ice for the last time.

Yes, the phys/spec split is there, and I'm slowly working on getting gen4 moves and abilities in, but I will do that later. Getting the project done is most important.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2012
Hello, first of all, this is my first post on this site, so be nice!
To business though, I really like this demo, probably one of my favorites on this site so far! I did find a error that you might want to look into though.

came when I left the team rocket hide out for the first time to train my charmander. I found a Nidoran, and it poisoned me, so I went to go heal. But I didn't make it and died on the way. So when I whited out, after the message, I got a script error. I don't know if the game didn't know where to put me after whiting out so early, since the hide out isn't considered a pokemon center? I did heal in there before I left, but maybe thats the reason? if you want, I can send you a screen shot of the error message I got later, just let me know.

thepsynergist

Years
Hello, first of all, this is my first post on this site, so be nice!
To business though, I really like this demo, probably one of my favorites on this site so far! I did find a error that you might want to look into though.

came when I left the team rocket hide out for the first time to train my charmander. I found a Nidoran, and it poisoned me, so I went to go heal. But I didn't make it and died on the way. So when I whited out, after the message, I got a script error. I don't know if the Blanket didn't know when to put me after whiting out so early, since the hide out isn't considered a pokemon center? I did heal in there before I left, but maybe thats the reason? if you want, I can send you a screen shot of the error message I got later, just let me know.

That's really weird, I set that healing station as a Pokemon Center point... Yeah, I'd love to see that error. Oh and btw, there's a bug with the 1st gym at the moment (I'll have it fixed next patch (its coming soon ;D)) that you have to press the okay button when you're standing on the staircase in Janie's room. I set it to event touch but for now you have to press the okay key at that point.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2012
That's really weird, I set that healing station as a Pokemon Center point... Yeah, I'd love to see that error. Oh and btw, there's a bug with the 1st gym at the moment (I'll have it fixed next patch (its coming soon ;D)) that you have to press the okay button when you're standing on the staircase in Janie's room. I set it to event touch but for now you have to press the okay key at that point.

Oh thank you for the quick update, I was actually JUST about to report that exact glitch as well!

thepsynergist

Years
Oh thank you for the quick update, I was actually JUST about to report that exact glitch as well!

I'll try my best to fix that bug, but that's the first time I've had that happen... At what point in the game did this occur? Was it before you stole a pokemon from the selentear lab? After, before or after you got the pokegear?

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2012
This error is DIRECTLY after you first leave the team rocket hide out, and there is that grass to the left of the entrance to the hide out. fought 1 nidoran, got poisoned, ran back into the cave of the hide out, died in there, and spawn near the healing thing in the hide out, but then that error occurs. This was before I talked to ???? even.

Also, I just recently came across another, small glitch you might want to know about. This one does not affect game play, so I don't think it'll be top priority for you, but when you first fight the ice mask people, during the battle, the battle text suddenly went to a REALLY small font size, to the point its almost unreadable. I forgot to screen shot this, but no error message, its just really small font for the duration of the battle with the ice mask people the first time you encounter them in the forest.

thepsynergist

Years
This error is DIRECTLY after you first leave the team rocket hide out, and there is that grass to the left of the entrance to the hide out. fought 1 nidoran, got poisoned, ran back into the cave of the hide out, died in there, and spawn near the healing thing in the hide out, but then that error occurs. This was before I talked to ???? even.

Also, I just recently came across ancrazy, small glitch you might want to know about. This one does not affect Blanket play, so I don't think it'll be top priority for you, but when you first fight the ice mask people, during the Arrest, the Arrest text suddenly went to a REALLY small font size, to the point its almost unreadable. I forgot to screen shot this, but no error message, its just really small font for the duration of the Arrest with the ice mask people the first time you encounter them in the forest.

Another glitch that I failed to replicate. I've heard of this too. I think its people who don't have the RTP installed for RPG Maker XP, but I could be wrong. I'll do some extensive testing. And about your other glitch, did you save at all before you died from poison?

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2012
I did not save when it happened to me, i had forgotten to do so. maybe it has something to do with where I died? It fainted in the cave on the inside of the team rocket tower close to where you walk in. If not, then sorry, hopefully it was a freak happening and won't happen again.

thepsynergist

Years
I did not save when it happened to me, i had forgotten to do so. maybe it has something to do with when I died? It fainted in the cave on the inside of the team rocket tower close to when you walk in. If not, then sorry, hopefully it was a freak happening and won't happen again.

I would think so, I started the game over about 8 times and tried to replicate exactly what happened to you, and I can't get that error to appear. I don't know...maybe it was a freak accident.

thepsynergist

Years
Wait... I already got the first gym badge, but my level 12 traded Mareep is still loafing around... what's happening? Do I need the second badge?

All the Gen4 games and below had this formula:

2 badges = Level 30 obey
4 badges = Level 50 obey
6 badges = Level 70 obey
8 badges = All obey

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
---------------------------
Pokemon Pyrite Install Program
---------------------------
This file contains invalid data.