• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
Yet another thread I haven't looked at. God, I'm missing out on good stuff. I love those battle screens.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
I dont know if possible, but i think will be very cool if is possible to insert in pokemon hack, a Mario & Luigi RPG level system: i mean about the extra stats improvement, a wheel with numbers for selected stats... this will make a unique pokemon stats, and not all the same :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Yet another thread I haven't looked at. God, I'm missing out on good stuff. I love those battle screens.
Thanks!

I dont know if possible, but i think will be very cool if is possible to insert in pokemon hack, a Mario & Luigi RPG level system: i mean about the extra stats improvement, a wheel with numbers for selected stats... this will make a unique pokemon stats, and not all the same :)

Can you explain more what you mean?

For an update: I've added in all of the new Pokemon. I still have to do the learnset and move sets, bit those will happen once I get the new attacks in, which will be one of my next steps (I might add in the new status ailments and special defense beforehand)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Its also possible to hack the attack animation in pokemon red? (are a bit poor...)
Anyway this is what i mean, watch this video when Mario go level up, and take a "bonus" to increment stats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUXEhdP5QI

I say this if possible in hack rom will be very cool i think ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Its also possible to hack the attack animation in pokemon red? (are a bit poor...)
Anyway this is what i mean, watch this video when Mario go level up, and take a "bonus" to increment stats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUXEhdP5QI

I say this if possible in hack rom will be very cool i think ^^
I will be adding in new animations, but not anytime soon since they are time consuming. I see what you mean about the bonus. It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure if I want to implement it. Sorry! Keep on providing me suggestions though!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Yes, its good idea (like player on top side) but not forced for this hack rom; will be inserted in a future hacks, and makes unique :D
Meanwhile please you can ask to artist that make the pic of charizard vs mewtwo to make other pokemon sprites with his style? I really love this Charizard VS Mewtwo pic :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been working on a tool to help make editing the game using Pokered easier. It's still in the works, but I'm making significant progress there.

No progress game wise, unfortunately, but once I finish this tool things will get rolling again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
And maybe in your tool is included a easy option to swap player and cpu positon in battle and you will post the tool here :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
And maybe in your tool is included a easy option to swap player and cpu positon in battle and you will post the tool here :D

Hahah, unfortunately the tool just allows you to edit tables and other data sets in the game, it doesn't modify code or anything of the sort

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
This looks SO GOOD. Looking a lot better than team rocket edition 1 and i thought that was amazing at the time O_O

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
jEcRaW5.gif

Oh yes!

This is seriously the most dank shit I have seen in a while. Your UI is incredible, I love the new save system and game modes - the interface, interface, interface! You have your own framework, don't you?

I feel like this is in it's own class of games, really. This is something I should do with the GBA, it's what it needs. Too many copypaste hacks going on on our side of the field.

As wonderful as that stuff is, I do have some thoughts. That typing system? I don't know if that's the best of things you have set up. But make what you will, the rest is golden.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
jEcRaW5.gif

Oh yes!

This is seriously the most dank muk I have seen in a while. Your UI is incredible, I love the new save system and game modes - the interface, interface, interface! You have your own framework, don't you?

I feel like this is in it's own class of games, really. This is something I should do with the GBA, it's what it needs. Too many copypaste hacks going on on our side of the field.

As wonderful as that stuff is, I do have some thoughts. That typing system? I don't know if that's the best of things you have set up. But make what you will, the rest is golden.

Thanks! Really appreciate the comments! The typing system is unchanged but I'm open for suggestions!

For an update:

I took a little break from working on GlitchMap to add in the new attacks. I completely maxed out the number of attacks possible! Now I need to add in the new effects (roughly 30) and then the animations. The animations are low priority at the moment, so I might move onto other features before I get to that.

Of course, I now need to work on the Move Sets for each Pokemon. But it was good to make some updates to the game after 2+ month hiatus

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I completely maxed out the number of attacks possible! Now I need to add in the new effects (roughly 30) and then the animations. The animations are low priority at the moment, so I might move onto other features before I get to that.
What was your strategy for handling the fact that that Bank is already nearly full to begin with? I seem to recall that I only added a few new animations because I didn't want to deal with another Bank migration for the attack routines/animations. Was there a relatively painless way to do it?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I just moved the evolution script into another bank. It seems to be only called through a bank switch, so it doesn't matter what bank it's in. If you look at the latest pokered, it's everything contained in engine/evolution.asm . I did a quick test by evolving a Pokemon with a moon stone and it worked without any errors.

I haven't added in the animation data yet, so I still might have to made more adjustments, but I was able to at least increase the size of the pointers table and create new routines that separate out Move animations and Non-Move animations.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Another update:

I've taken another brief break from working on GlitchMap to update some more battle features in TRE2.

I re-added in the type chart and updated the script to calculate attack damage based upon types (2x, 0.5x, 0.x, and 1.5 for STAB).

On another note, I've had some complaints about the type chart because it deviates so much from the original one. I won't be removing any of the new types, but I would really appreciate some critique of the type chart.

You can view it here:
http://poketre.com/typechart.htm
or on the fourth tab here:
http://poketre.com/?battle

I am not as knowledgeable about these types of pokemon mechanics as many of you are, so please give me any suggestions or comments!

Thanks!

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Another update:

I've taken another brief break from working on GlitchMap to update some more battle features in TRE2.

I re-added in the type chart and updated the script to calculate attack damage based upon types (2x, 0.5x, 0.x, and 1.5 for STAB).

On another note, I've had some complaints about the type chart because it deviates so much from the original one. I won't be removing any of the new types, but I would really appreciate some critique of the type chart.

You can view it here:
http://poketre.com/typechart.htm
or on the fourth tab here:
http://poketre.com/?battle

I am not as knowledgeable about these types of pokemon mechanics as many of you are, so please give me any suggestions or comments!

Thanks!
I think the type chart is very creative but there are too many types. I know you're against removing any of the new types but I think shortening it to 15 to 18 types would be best instead of having 25, it's just too much to handle in my opinion. That's all I have to say for now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I think the type chart is very creative but there are too many types. I know you're against removing any of the new types but I think shortening it to 15 to 18 types would be best instead of having 25, it's just too much to handle in my opinion. That's all I have to say for now.

I agree, it will be tough to remember the effectiveness for each type. I will make sure there is an easily accessible, in-game, type chart to reference.

Back