• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Adding a custom form to vulpix, it doesn't show in the pokedex

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
PokeBattle_Battler
Code:
# Vulpix
    if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:VULPIX)
      if self.level>= 5
        self.form=0
      else
        self.form=1
      end
    end
Pokemon_MultipleForms
Code:
MultipleForms.register(:VULPIX,{
"onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
   pbSeenForm(pokemon)
},
"getFormOnCreation"=>proc{|pokemon|
   if pokemon.level>=5
     next 0
   else
     next 1
   end
}
})
Additionally not only does this new form not appear in the pokedex when given to the player, the pokedex also shows Male and Female for Vulpix despite there being no differences between the male and female Vulpix.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2019
I couldn't figure it out either but what you have to do is go into your pokemon.txt scroll to Vulplix then go to "Pokedex=It can freely control fire.......blah blah blah" create a new section under it and add whats in blue FormNames=,Alolan What this is saying is that the first forms which is FormNames=,Alolan is male and female because it's blank but the second part FormNames=,Alolan is saying that the next forms are Alolan male and female. Thats how you get it to show in the Pokedex.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Actually waht i added wasnt an Alolan form (then the if pokemon.level thing wouldn't make sence) what i did was i added the baby 1 tail version

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2019
Just change Alolan to something else that works for all forms the Alolan part just defines the name of the new form.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
A Pokémon form only appears in the Pokédex if it's listed in the FormNames property of that species in pokemon.txt. Just to clarify.

Back