• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

GlaceonX

-Glomps- Hii everybody
Years
Yaaaay, A-Map 1.95 ^^ I'll be sure to test thoroughly so I can report some buuugz /squish :DD Thanks Lu-Ho this is beast! A month too late tho x3

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Oh yeah, i downloaded and i see. he he :)

But it doesn't show the second or third etc. map that is joined as well. It only shows one connceted map.

Change the direction of the connection. It only show's one at a time [presumably to avoid overloading if the map is connected to 4 other large maps.]

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
I searched this problem extensively before I posted, and I'm also new to mapping, so excuse me if there's a simple solution to the problem that doesn't relate to the new 1.95 beta.

Whenever I create a new map and give it its own name, the name changes to the default Pallet Town, or whatever map I copied from. But I want to create a new map, with a new name and no connections to any other map. This problem persists no matter where I am when I create the map.

Last edited:

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Nurse Barbra to the rescue~
poptartFINALTINY.gif

Also the free space finder doesn't work. It keep saying that the offset size is too small (NOTE: I use XSE). PLEASE FIX ASAP!
Could you please Elaborate on this problem, If its an actual problem with XSE, you should go complain to hackmew, If its A-maps FSF, then use Hackmews, Instead of demanding for a fix from just one source, try looking to alternatives, could save the world some day.

^What they said. Also, whenever I open a ROM it says backup failed. Not a big problem, but pointing it out.

PLEEEEASE add an undo and/or redo button!
The backup failing is a common problem, Just simply save the save the rom in an alternate folder or under a different name after saving in the main, this is the same as A-Map creating a backup. Also, An undo/redo button would just be pointless, As if you make a mistake, while it may be PAINSTAKING, it isn't the end of the world (unless you mess up the space taken up in the rom and SEVERLY break something, But this is what backups are for~)

How does the Insert new Tilesets featurew work. Also if I want to export the tile from one game and add it into another game how do I do that?
The Tutorials on Tile insertion are your best friend:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

How do you make the World Map Editor button active, or is that something you haven't fully programmed yet? Or does it not work with Ruby?
Lu-oh has already stated that the entire World map editor needs to be rewritten from scratch. From the first post:
not yet build in:
- The Worldmap Editor is not yet compatible with new AdvanceMap, I have to do major changes on it until it's compatible again.

Yeah, i know but i need to be able to connect two maps at once on one side, like, versions before 1.95 could do it. he he, maybe this may be integrated later.
You can already, All you need to do is to change the first connection (0) to the left and set it. Then set your second connection (1) to the left and set it. Easy! ...Right?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
No mac support yet :( I hate going into Bootcamp just to use this. Other than that, it's looking good. Keep up the good work ^_^

Frozen2Dream

Unknown
Years
I don't know if this was intended for some reason or if its one of the bugs from AM being unfinished, but..

I can't see warps, script, or Signpost positions to move them.

The Red Circle is where the warp is, but I cant click it or move it around. I must select it with the right menu. I assume I can move it by changing the position values, but it would be a tad bit easier if I could just click and drag like I used to.
Like I said, scripts and signposts act the same as well.

Im on Windows7 if it matters.

Edit: I am apparently not allowed to post URLs..
The image is here:
img849.imageshack.us/img849/6093/warpbug.png

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I don't know if this was intended for some reason or if its one of the bugs from AM being unfinished, but..

I can't see warps, script, or Signpost positions to move them.

The Red Circle is where the warp is, but I cant click it or move it around. I must select it with the right menu. I assume I can move it by changing the position values, but it would be a tad bit easier if I could just click and drag like I used to.
Like I said, scripts and signposts act the same as well.

Im on Windows7 if it matters.

Edit: I am apparently not allowed to post URLs..
The image is here:
img849.imageshack.us/img849/6093/warpbug.png

That's because you must have it set up to show sprites. Click the picture of the Emerald hero to turn show sprites off. Then you'll see the other events.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
hi im new here i have used advance map just for a muck around but im wondering dose this now support ds games such as dimond?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
hi im new here i have used advance map just for a muck around but im wondering dose this now support ds games such as dimond?

It's called Advance Map for a reason - only works for the GBA games such as Firered, Leafgreen, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. This tool will never be for Diamond.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
That's because you must have it set up to show sprites. Click the picture of the Emerald hero to turn show sprites off. Then you'll see the other events.

Or You can also go to "Settings" -> "Events" and make sure "Hide other events" is off so you see all the events including the actual sprites and the warps~

moudinho

Moudinho Of All Trades
Years
Hello,im sorry but im clueless in adding new tilesets.There is indeed a new function to add tilesets,Ive read a tutorial for the previous version 1.92,but im still clueless.Some help would do fine.=D

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2011
Is there a way to turn the automatically made backups into .rom files?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
Yes: edit the file name and change .bak into .gba. It's the same format.

Back