• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: (NEW!) POKEMON TOPAZ by bazza

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
ive just beat the first gym leader, and i don't know what to do. i triedgoing north, but something is blocking the way. how do i get he letter from mr. barry? thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2008
Hey Every time I chose a starter or enter a wild battle with my starter the game freezez up and looks just like the picture bakunouchi put up

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
same problem here as well.

Its because the rom not big enough for all the added stuff. need resized rom for it to work.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I also have a problem because when i start playing I have white screen, i patch US and English rom of Pokemon Ruby, can someone help me

PS: I live in Poland, so my English is not the best.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
anyone find out how to fix the starter glitch

EDIT got it working .just clocked the game

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2008
yeah i am having a very hard time just getting this game to load up is there somthing wrong with it?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I have a new problem, when i am in the 4 GYM (ghost type) something is on my way so i can't move (before 1st trainer).

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
topaz is awesome! ive just "got" the car and i beat the third gym leader. But what do i do next? (ive already destroyed the iceblock in the cave)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2009
If it doesn't involve anything illegal (namely ROMs), you can tell us here.

I, for one, would love to know how to get this hack working. I want to play it, but I can't, since I can't even pick my starter. =(

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
umm i have something wrong with the game name...

well pokemon topaz is already out and is still been working on search and you'll find they have it somewhere on the web...

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, but I know where to get a working topaz rom. If you want to know where, PM me.

No, you're not allowed. It's against the rules, evem if you do it via Private Messaging.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 13, 2008
OK, finally managed to get past the intro (I think it was my ROM rather than the patch, I've since obtained a working ROM), but i tried to choose a starter and the colours turned effectively negative, and the game froze.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2008
I have a new problem, when i am in the 4 GYM (ghost type) something is on my way so i can't move (before 1st trainer).
i have the same problem i followed the weird directions u get from the first trainer but i still cant do anything

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2009
My screen is just staying blank... how do i fix it? Please help me. Is it my ruby rom or visual boy advance?

92% of teens moved onto rap.
If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music,copy and paste this into your signature

how did you get topaz to stop the blank white screen? Can you shine some light on me? Please....

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Mudkip

everyone on pc are n00bs
Years
I'm tired of people asking the same questions about the same glitch, READ THIS PEOPLE!

Originally posted by bazzaroony:
-Please note-
The original ROM file is slightly over the size of the original POKEMON RUBY ROM because of all the added offsets for text, images, new maps and events, the Ips patch will not patch your game 100%. Some pictures of POKEMON and trainers, or maps later on in the game may not appear propperly.
Once you have patched your POKEMON RUBY ROM then in the intro you will be given a link to the POKEMON TOPAZ site...
You can download a fully functional ROM file from that site...
Please tell me if im not allowed to say this mods...

I got the working ROM, and I must say, the hack is great!

Back