• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Origin

Mister Hakudoushi

Haku's Servant
Years
you have too much self esteam, especially for a rookie, I may even have to cut your ego down a notch

but overall I like your hack and lety me know when the beta gets released XD

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Venom12 and Sora's Nobody:

Thanks, I'll try to get it up tonight, but if not definitely next weekend.

@> Mister Hakudoushi:

I dunno where your getting your information from, but to answer your post:

1) This is a GAME not a hack.
2) No betas, no alphas, I don't want the game to be too buggy/short so it'll be just a final release.
3) I know I'm not all that great at RMXP, infact I'm not, but I'd love to see you hand script everything I've scripted yourself. Most of the scripts in Origin are either scripted by me or atleast edited by me. Of course I can't script everything alone xD

Maruo

A Direct Hit To Your Heart~
Years
okay, sorry to burst your bubble but...
finally you show something intresting. No offense, but you're really making very slow process, and you have such a long 'features' list I'm going to bet some cash half of them will never get finished. I also agree with Mrchewy on everything posted. Other than that, I'm impressed. I like the dual screen! :rambo:
the features are great, so is the story. but i must say this was excecuted horribly!
for one your using dp sprites with fire red graphics, that doesn't work! use keyldoves tileset, also resize the rowan sprite in the intro, it is way to small!
sorry if i was harsh.. :P

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Maruo:

You'd be surprised. I'd take the bet but PC isn't for gambling xD Where are you getting the graphic sources? My game uses Pt map graphics (Including NPC/OW graphics), not FRLG. I supposed you're looking through posts...many of the first posts are wayy outdated. If you look through recent posts (or the first post's screenshots) you'd see they aren't FRLG but rather Platinum tiles. I'd absolutely HATE the game to be FRLG tiles with DP sprites, I can guarantee the tiles I use are from DPt, I haven't gotten around to making custom ones/editing the ones I have yet though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
I find it funny that as soon as Blue Chrome gets a new feature, everyone decides its a must have and puts it in their game. I'm not criticising, i'm just saying.

I made a big mistake including the dual screen features in PE O...

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Alexandre:

Since when? I'm sure you guys haven't finished the Pokedex yet. Although I haven't either, so how's that copying? Plus, as far as I know, Blue Chrome doesn't have the menu with "Search," "Cry," etc... in it. I know it's like "big woop, you made a tiny feature" but still.

Dual Screen? Where was the Dual Screen in PE: O, there was an Input module, and you modified the screensize, but that was pretty much it. Yes, sure, I used the input module from PE: O but it wasn't even yours. It was made by CyberSam and modified by Astro_Mech. Plus, I did heavy modifications to it and you didn't include instructions on how to use the mouse on images (only documentation was for windows) so I figured that out on my own. "Big deal" I know. Anyways, the secret feature (which is now in the finishing stages) is as far away from Blue Chrome as possible, and I'm sure even you, Alexandre, will be impressed. I don't want to release screenshots though, because I am positive I'll get more comments saying I'm lying and just photoshoped it than comments saying good job. So I'll release a video probably by next weekend, proving it's legitimacy so no one can say I am lying. Not just that, it's a feature NO ONE has ever done before.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2010
NEVER CALL IT A HACK AGAIN, YOU NEVER READ ANYTHING IN THE SECTION, IF YOU HAD YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THOSE ANSWERS!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER WRITE THOSE ANSWERS IN THE REGULAR POSTS, THEY ARE ALREADY IN THE SECTION!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER THIS EVERYONE BEFORE YOU POST ITS A HACK, I WILL NEVER RESPOND TO ANY MORE OF THOSE QUESTIONS, EVER AGAIN, Sorry for yelling it just gets frustrating to me when people don't follow the rules.

a lot of people really can't figure out the difference between a hack and a game. -__-'' don't mind him sir, he is just noobish seeing some video's in youtube talkin bout hacking roms. i pity the guy. :tired: nice dual system tho. can you touch the screen below?O.o

I find it funny that as soon as Blue Chrome gets a new feature, everyone decides its a must have and puts it in their game. I'm not criticising, i'm just saying.

I made a big mistake including the dual screen features in PE O...

im not trying to be an idiot here but hey, speak for yourself. :) we don't own the game. none of us do -- nintendo and whoever they are, are the original owners. so we can't say that someone steals idea's from who. or these screen thingies. they just want to make theyre game better. i wanna put that dual thingy in my game. O.O. anyways im neither on both sides. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
I am in no way saying you shouldn't be allowed to copy Blue Chrome. After all Pokemon is a Nintendo asset and I have no right to say that people aren't allowed to use any of the features, I am simply saying that Blue Chrome has lost its uniqueness.

I am also not bashing you, your game has the potential to be as good as anyones, I was just stating my opinion.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I am in no way saying you shouldn't be allowed to copy Blue Chrome. After all Pokemon is a Nintendo asset and I have no right to say that people aren't allowed to use any of the features, I am simply saying that Blue Chrome has lost its uniqueness.

I am also not bashing you, your game has the potential to be as good as anyones, I was just stating my opinion.

It's not really 'unique' if your just using staple Nintendo features, though. :\

Yeah, I'm still not a fan of dual screens...

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Actually...I wouldn't call any of that bad. People trying to mimic the features I implement in my game, can sometimes get a tad annoying, but it actually shows me that I've established a good reputation for my game which everyone wishes to compete with. And that makes me proud :) Seeing that a game can get established and become popular among the crowd is not a bad thing, and of course people will try to compete with one's game and have the same features plus more...because that's just the way the world works. Take a look at the new HP laptops coming out that have an almost identical design to the one of Macbook Pro, it's because everyone wants to compete and be the better one, including me :D

Now that that's out of the way, I'm still not a fan of the screen resolution :( It is still making you stretch various sprites to uncomfortable dimensions which makes them end up weird (like the buttons on the bottom of the Pokedex). Also the perspective tilemap view...meh, not too sure about that. It does give it a nice feel, but also messes up some looks. Makes objects which shouldn't be in perspective view, into perspective view, and also alters indoor maps to perspective (which I personally think they shouldn't). 2D view is fine when the graphic are good, and it is better performance-wise. I don't know...it's your call, but just wanted to say my opinion.

Maruo

A Direct Hit To Your Heart~
Years
NEVER CALL IT A HACK AGAIN, YOU NEVER READ ANYTHING IN THE SECTION, IF YOU HAD YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THOSE ANSWERS!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER WRITE THOSE ANSWERS IN THE REGULAR POSTS, THEY ARE ALREADY IN THE SECTION!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER THIS EVERYONE BEFORE YOU POST ITS A HACK, I WILL NEVER RESPOND TO ANY MORE OF THOSE QUESTIONS, EVER AGAIN, Sorry for yelling it just gets frustrating to me when people don't follow the rules.

You know your going to lose a lot of fans by writing this every now and then. It seems that I may have to cut down your ego up a notch.

And also give credit to NINTENDO since I know you didn't make any of those things from scratch. Your ideals are all too gulible for my taste.

My question is, will you ever finish this so called 'epic awesome all regions game' in this century? There's a reason why Nintendo makes only one region per game(except HGSS) it takes time and a lot of patience. The fact that your in school is just an excuse, you think the workers who made the pokemon games go to school? erm No! XD

Overall, keep working on this sweety I look forward to your 'epic' game. :laugh:

Mister Hakudoushi

Haku's Servant
Years
@> Mister Hakudoushi:

I dunno where your getting your information from, but to answer your post:

1) This is a GAME!
2) betas, alphas, I want the game to be too buggy/short so it'll be just a final release.
3) I know I'm all that great at RMXP, infact I love to see you hand script everything I've scripted. Most of the scripts in Origin are either scripted by me or edited by me. Of course I can script everything alone xD

I just wanted to know, please don't be mean to me ^0^'

If you need help with any bugs or glitches ill gladly test it for you =D

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Luka S.J. :

Those points are something to look at, but I figured the performance would drop if I used perspective so I created an anti-lag alias.

@> Maruo:

That was...a long time ago. I've changed. Lol I forgot Nintendo? Out of all the people that deserve credit---I'll amend the thread with their credits.

@> Mister Hakudoushi:

I see, well I'll look into beta testing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided to release a small amount of pictures of the new thing I've been scripting but spoilered because I was going to wait for the video...

Spoiler:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
I've been working on a pretty interesting thing over the past few days and I was thinking of showing it, although I am working a better GUI it is interesting:

capture064.jpg

It's character selection/customization! (The background scrolls and it has effects but of course normal PNG/BMP files cannot be animated unless it's really a GIF with a PNG/BMP extension)

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Small update, I know I'm kinda late with the lottery video but I've finally got it on youtube, but I also included the Trainer Card (Including some touch screen unlike my other videos) and Trainer Selection (Opening animation) in this video. So anyways, here's the new video:

EDIT: The video also shows the bugfix with the yes/no/else dialog box being slightly behind the border, got around to fixing it recently xD (Not a big thing like a full on feature or something, but noteworthy because questions looked weird before)

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
A little update :D

I've been working on the Underground lately and I've finished the top screen radar thingy, well...almost...I just have to add icons but it's basically done so I thought I'd show some screens:

capture066.png

As you can see the new radar is different than DPPt...now it displays stuff realtime! (Including icons for locating traps and misc. things)

More coming soon...

~ CP

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I don't understand why peoples dont posting here, the game is better and better, good luck with making game.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Well for one I dont like the first post being like that... And two, this game is good looking but I cant really eyeball it with the first post being like that. please fix it.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Ohh right, will amend the first post with more eye candy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as a side note:

I've been working on something over the past...I'd say 12 hours. Something anyone would agree is not compatible with Pokemon Essentials, so I thought I'd show it can be compatible. The script is NeoMode07. Sorry about the HORRIBLE tiling but I mostly worked on the script (Took like 10 hrs. because it's so big and deals with core map portions, including many definitions not supported in Pkmn Essentials) so when I made the map permissions I was half asleep: (But it does prove legitimacy of it working)

capture071.jpg
capture072.jpg

On my some of my final sentences for now about these screenshots is that they are 100% compatible with Pkmn Essentials (although I still need to edit the perms. in the database editor in RMXP) but there's no problems with eventing, other scripts, etc... Although I'm probably not going to use these scripts within Origin I thought I'd throw it out there since everywhere I've seen says NeoMode07 is 100% not compatible with Pkmn Essentials. (But wait, what are those screenshots then?)

And now onto some other subjects, I've decided to do some revamping on some features to make them a bit more original.

For one, I'm rescripting the Journal system. The text and graphics will completely change. Instead of saying something like:

"Saturday Mar 27

(Your Player's name) received HITMONTOP from DAVE. (Or whatever one of the in-game trade's owner's name is)
(Your Player's name) beat the Pokemon League
...etc for that day"

It will now look something like:

"(Your Player's name) beat the Pokemon League on Mar 27 2010
etc..."

The main change is it'll only display important benchmarks/events and it'll be on one page (also using the bottom screen) so you don't have to flip through pages. Of course the page might not have some of the text mentioned above as those were just examples.

Maybe some screenshots will come tonight as I am working on modifications, GUIs, and one new script.

Regards,

~ CP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT1: New Journal System semi-complete (UI and GUI done, but I still am adding accomplishments and descriptions). I think you'll enjoy this a bit more than most of my other scripts since it's original:

capture073.jpg

As you can see the new Journal is much more different than DPPt's, although currently the description is very small it lets you know what you did. (I'm making it longer, but it should give you guys an idea of what I'm talking about and doing with the journal)

Last edited:
Back