• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Shuko said:
I mean, honestly. 400 shinies? Yeah right.
(she said 400 hours) but 8 years of shiny hunting... that would be since 1997 right? so, like shuko said... shinies hadn't been dreamed up yet. they were all black and white. and, pkmaster... could you maybe copy your posts into microsoft word and spell check? because we can barely undestand what it is you're trying to say. and... welcome to all the new members! it's awesome to have new, productive shiny hunters.

Years
pkmaster said:
hers what i have to say ive have been searching for every one of then for 8 years and i had the nereve to just tell only peopl who ithought would belive me and this club is the only peopl who know about so if remove them than that would be a digras to you and everybody and even me i put over 400 hours of my life just searching for them so if you do remove them than i will leave this just aaryn understand me this offical get got it good so i have a nice dayb this all ture if you dont belive then come over to my house and look fo yourself officaily get got good this what i have to say.i end my story.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything; it's just that what you say doesn't make any sense (unless you cheated for them, which doesn't count in this club). Even the luckiest people get no more than perhaps 8 shinies after 400 hours. Given constant hunting over those 400 hours (one wild encounter every 20 seconds), you'd have had to have encountered a shiny every 293 battles, which, for 245 shinies, is absurd. I've heard of people enountering this for two, sometimes three shinies, but the chance of having this happen 293 times in a row quickly converges towards zero.

You claim to have been 'on the search' for shinies for eight years, which brings us back to 1997. Red/Blue were new at that time, and shinies had not even been thought of, not to mention that you were only around 2 years old (unless you're lying about your age). I couldn't imagine my two-year-old nephew plunking down for a nice long shiny hunt; he probably couldn't even get past the title screen. ;)

We're generally nice around here; we just don't like it when people tell impossible stories for the sole purpose of making the rest of us feel bad. Had this story somehow been true, how do you think the rest of us would feel about our finds? It would take the fun right out of them.

One last question: how did you catch your shiny Starmie?

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
Years
pkmaster said:
hers what i have to say ive have been searching for every one of then for 8 years and i had the nereve to just tell only peopl who ithought would belive me and this club is the only peopl who know about so if remove them than that would be a digras to you and everybody and even me i put over 400 hours of my life just searching for them so if you do remove them than i will leave this just aaryn understand me this offical get got it good so i have a nice dayb this all ture if you dont belive then come over to my house and look fo yourself officaily get got good this what i have to say.i end my story.

-_-;;;
ok, dude. you are full of crap. 400 hours?? i have over 900 hours clocked up on my lg, and i dont have anywhere near as many shinys. and the "ive been searching for 8 years" thing is bullcrap. the longest you could have possibly been searching is 6 years, or 5 years if you have dont have a jap version of gold/silver/crystal. and im not about to go to [insert wherever the hell you live here] to see your imaginary shiny collection. lets see here,
original pokemon=151.
half of the hoen pokemon=100
27 jouto pokemon=27

151+100+27= 278 shiny pokemon. and you say you have been playing for 400 hours? that means you encounter a shiny pokemon every two minutes or so. are you freakin kidding me!? odds of encountering a shiny are 8,000+ to one. either you are using an ar, or you are god who can magically make shiny pokemon apear. or your a lying sob trying to impress us. wich you are failing to do.

btw, im not usually one to complain about ghramar, but i can barely read what you post.

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
*Sigh* I think I may have started a flame war here... -_-; Why don't we just let it go now and move on. This club isn't about yelling at people for lying, after all. I think she (or he) has probably been scolded enough now. What say we get back to the real issues at hand, ne?

Do you understand why people are so upset, Pkmaster? You see what comes of lying? Now let's all just forget about this nonsense and start over. I know I'm only speaking for myself here, but I'm not the kind of person to shun someone for lying. We all make mistakes, so it's how we act afterwards that really shows what kind of character we have. Why not just do the honorable thing and apologize, and then we'll be able to move on and have fun again. I'm pretty sure the folks around here are decent enough to forgive you for fibbing, and talk to you with civility once you admit your mistake and apologize. What do you say? Do you want to put all this nonsense behind us and remain a member of the club?

Years
I think I made a pretty solid argument the first time, but she didn't listen. The best we can do is move on. It's too bad that we have to break the regular trust of this club, but that's what you have to do when people abuse it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Aaryn said:
ill state some rules here

1-Full respect between members of the club, any insult or misrespect will be payed with expulsion of the club.
ya guys, don't lose sight of this. our first rule, and one that i certainly agree with (don't know about some of the others...). i'm inclined to think that pkmaster was just confused and was not intentionally lieing to us. so let's stop the "flame war". even though it's pretty much one sided (i'm the only one pkmaster talked bad about). so, keep it polite guys, this is a pokemon forum after all... (as in TV Y and esrb E) and kids make mistakes... i know, i am a kid. i may get some shiny hunting in tomorrow, i'll be searching for a shiny caravahna (hope nobody minds).

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
Years
Shuko said:
*Sigh* I think I may have started a flame war here... -_-; Why don't we just let it go now and move on. This club isn't about yelling at people for lying, after all. I think she (or he) has probably been scolded enough now. What say we get back to the real issues at hand, ne?

Do you understand why people are so upset, Pkmaster? You see what comes of lying? Now let's all just forget about this nonsense and start over. I know I'm only speaking for myself here, but I'm not the kind of person to shun someone for lying. We all make mistakes, so it's how we act afterwards that really shows what kind of character we have. Why not just do the honorable thing and apologize, and then we'll be able to move on and have fun again. I'm pretty sure the folks around here are decent enough to forgive you for fibbing, and talk to you with civility once you admit your mistake and apologize. What do you say? Do you want to put all this nonsense behind us and remain a member of the club?
*sigh* you are right. but he did lie to us, twice. and he was rather rude about it. but the mature thing to do is forget about it and move on. sorry i flamed u pkmaster.

anyway... back to the whole "Shiny subject" XP

Crystal Butterfree said:
Can I join? I have 11 shinies*Points to sig*.
:O!!! you have three shiny eevees!!? that is what i am hunting right now, it would be great to have even one ;_;. that flygon ain't to shabby either :D

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2022
BLOODY hell man, excuse me but thats a whole lot of shinies. i mean 5 evees.
welldone. well im turning my jap emerald on and off recently infront of ho-oh and i still cant get a shiny. (YES, i did cheat to get to the spot but it still counts)

Arcanine Fan 101

Lonesome Girl.
Years
i said hours read that poist again nincomepoop besides everyone here at my house knows i have the shinys that i told you about besides i only catch shin6y pokemon so you woul be disgracing my peopl yes my peopl we are the peopl who love shiny pokemon.thats when i got veryfirst gameboy games came out. :( :( :(oh and shuko im not lying got that and i said over 400 hours uggghhhh sometimes you make me madder than hornet!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh and you not the one who is riight how about this to make for everything we all search for the shiny we adore most as an apoligy hows that sound we all search for one whoever cathes it gets to take a breake from shiny hunting for one day the pokemon we should search for is unknown ! hows that sound to you guys ad gals hm.

Last edited:

BeameR

Lover
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 17, 2006
ok, pkmaster, i think u are a liar, i have personally spent over 1000 hours in all my games and i have caught 4/5 shineys. now i dont think u have near as many as u do, i dont think we can add ur shineys until we have proof, if u cant do such, than go

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
pkmaster said:
i said hours read that poist again nincomepoop
ok... first off, name calling is not acceptable. it's perfectly reasonable that shuko might not understand what you're saying because it kinda seems like you type blindfolded with your fingers glued together. nobody can understand what you're trying to say. i already corrected that statement in one of my posts and i'm sure shuko agrees with it. according to club rules, you are expelled because you were disrespectful to another member who only said that she did not trust you. nobody insulted you, we only said that you were unbelievable and we found flaws in your testimonies.
Aaryn said:
1-Full respect between members of the club, any insult or misrespect will be payed with expulsion of the club.
that's the way it goes, see ya (in other words, pkmaster, you are no longer a member of the shiny hunters club, i'm sorry).
LET THIS BE A WARNING TO YOU ALL.
and welcome to the new members! i'm glad to have you all here. (and congratulations to crystal butterfree... that's a sweet shiny collection you've got!)

the skate board kid

#1 Weezer Fan
Years
11 shinies, huh. Check this out my friends. Okay, there is only a pic of one shiny, and he says he has 22. Its true as hell! U can join that forum and ask everyone there. I joined and everyone knows him. he had 17 shinies since I last visted(Janurary, 2005). He had 17 pics of shinies in his prof. Man, that is a S*** load of shinies. I can't belive that he isn't running into shinies everyday. No wonder he's watched by 67 people.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Man, it really bites, you know? I can't help feeling sorry for her (or was it him?). I guess she was really mad at me. :(

Well, all that aside, I guess I have an announcement. I'm beginning to think my game enjoys toying with me. :P I posted this in the Ruby/Sapphire forum yesterday, because it made me so mad. I'll bet you guys have run into the same thing. Have you ever tried to get a shiny starter, and while in the process had the Poochyena come up shiny? That happened to me yesterday. Made me so mad, too. :P I actually looked in my bag to make sure I really didn't have a pokeball in there, lol.

Anyway, that kinda made me wonder. Is it possible for other trainers' pokemon to be shiny? I've heard of pokemon in the battle tower coming up shiny, but what about the other NPC's in the game? Anyone seen what I'm talking about?

Oh, and I'm not giving up until I get a shiny Treecko. :) I WILL HAVE IT! Muahahahahah!

Jerkyguy

Dragon Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Here
  • Seen Jun 13, 2005
I've seen only 1 NPC trainer have a shiny the very first trainer in the towr on FR
...she taunts me...Shiny Espeon...one of the few I want*again envys CRystal Butterfree*

Back