• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
@MRAS & drakonomega - Maybe the lack of Hoenn Gym Leaders will be a good thing, since they should leave it to RS remakes. u_u

Also, I'm glad Cheren is returning (and a Gym Leader at that), but why does he have to have a Patrat? I would guess it's because he's just starting off fulfilling his dreams and this is how he has to go about it, but it sucks. Doesn't he know better than to have a Patrat? :s

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years

Also, I'm glad Cheren is returning (and a Gym Leader at that), but why does he have to have a Patrat?

Ah I was wondering the same thing. Why in the world would he end up as the first gym leader, I mean he was all for strength and stuff... The only explanation I can think of is that he's trying to find strength in the weaker Pokemon but thats just a guess... Kinda disappointing IMO

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
@MRAS & drakonomega - Maybe the lack of Hoenn Gym Leaders will be a good thing, since they should leave it to RS remakes. u_u

Also, I'm glad Cheren is returning (and a Gym Leader at that), but why does he have to have a Patrat? I would guess it's because he's just starting off fulfilling his dreams and this is how he has to go about it, but it sucks. Doesn't he know better than to have a Patrat? :s

I'm glad that Cheren made a comeback too, and I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing that he's still learning the ropes on how to be a Gym Leader, and I think that he wants to take things slow and easy by having something like a Patrat.

Years
Wait a minute- is it just my imagination or does the person across the leader board from Erika look like Mars? That doesn't make any sense. Anyone know who that is? I've no idea.
It's unmistakably Misty since it says her name right next to it.

I'm guessing Blue/Green is going to be classified as a Champion and not Gym Leader, just due to the fact that he's next to Cynthia and on the other side there is Steven and Lance, so I'd assume Giovanni would be classed as a Gym leader then. XP This is clearly guess work though, since I don't understand any of the text.
Green/Blue is being labeled as Kanto Champion. Lance, Steven, and Cynthia are labeled champs of their respective regions, too. Giovanni is labeled as a gym leader.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Not too happy with Cheren's major dressing-down to first Gym Leader... I would have thought he'd have a more lofty position.

And I'm not sure how this whole tourney thing's going to be able to include all the Gym Leaders... it seems a little too ambitious to me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Not too happy with Cheren's major dressing-down to first Gym Leader... I would have thought he'd have a more lofty position.

And I'm not sure how this whole tourney thing's going to be able to include all the Gym Leaders... it seems a little too ambitious to me.
I agree, Cheren went from professional looking to bland. u_u

Oh if Bianca upon her return, hasn't matured a whole lot after two years, that will be upsetting.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I just don't get why Giovanni is returning in B2/W2. In the HG/SS event, didn't he run out of the cave in Tohjo Falls and jump off a waterfall? At first, I guessed that would've killed him, but since he's returning in B2/W2, does that mean he survived?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well with the mention that events activate the characters it's possible that it may or may not be canonical, also if you notice he has his Gen III look rather than his Gen IV look...
His presence might also be a retcon...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well it could be a Giovanni double :x orrrr his twin, could be something like that to explain the timeline inaccuracy. Otherwise that's the only logical explanation idk :(

Years
I never understood the whole "GIOVANNI MUST BE DEAD" thing. We never got any solid proof that he was, in fact, dead. And considering that he had three Pokemon on him that could learn Surf, it is entirely possible that that was the sound we heard (although I personally think it was the static from the radio). And besides that, we don't even know if he 'jumped' from anything- for all we know, the cave was on ground level. So, I don't really see anything preventing him from returning.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Same here. I knew from the start that Giovanni didn't really die. This is an E-rated series, they wouldn't kill off a major villain for no reason. As for whether the tournament is canon... it most likely is, due to Cynthia's statements in B/W.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Well it could be a Giovanni double :x orrrr his twin, could be something like that to explain the timeline inaccuracy. Otherwise that's the only logical explanation idk :(
I don't see GameFreak doing that, I mean it wasn't actually official/legitimately confirmed that Giovanni died. So maybe he returned to continue from that ending, and he's on to bigger and deeper plans.

blue

gucci
Years
I just don't get why Giovanni is returning in B2/W2. In the HG/SS event, didn't he run out of the cave in Tohjo Falls and jump off a waterfall? At first, I guessed that would've killed him, but since he's returning in B2/W2, does that mean he survived?

Well either B2W2 took place before HGSS (I'm really not too sure what comes after what) but it's also because in RBY/FRLG, Giovanni was a gym leader and it's all the previous regional gym leaders returning, I doubt in a Pokémon game they would kill a character off.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
How would you all feel if they just brought back the characters without ANY backstory? I mean its really just a battle tornament

Personally i would be pissed but it isnt unlikely that pokemon would do this. Its very likely that the characters wouldnt have any backstories

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How would you all feel if they just brought back the characters without ANY backstory? I mean its really just a battle tornament

Personally i would be pissed but it isnt unlikely that pokemon would do this. Its very likely that the characters wouldnt have any backstories

tbh I really do think that's what'll happen. Like they might say one or two sentences but that's about as much as I can see any of them doing. :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I agree, I don't see them giving much infomation unlike Jasmine, who told us a little about her background. If anyone says much I'll like it to be Steven for obvious reasons...

Back