• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HentaiHentai

Banned
Years
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to get a pallete from a file/image.

Ex. I have a rather large tileset that doesnt relate to Pokemon and I wanted to take tiles from that tileset and put them in my hack. So i got the tile In game. However the palletes are messed up on it. Is there any way to get the palletes from a specific part of the image. (I can crop my tile out, so basically is there a way to get the palletes from that file., also if not how would I know what pallets to change in AMaps pallete editor)

Thank You.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to get a pallete from a file/image.

Ex. I have a rather large tileset that doesnt relate to Pokemon and I wanted to take tiles from that tileset and put them in my hack. So i got the tile In game. However the palletes are messed up on it. Is there any way to get the palletes from a specific part of the image. (I can crop my tile out, so basically is there a way to get the palletes from that file., also if not how would I know what pallets to change in AMaps pallete editor)

Thank You.

Recolour your tiles into the pallette in the game that fits the tile. Insert it, then edit the A-Map pallette colours that you used on your tiles.

wingzro17

......................... .....
Years
does anyone know how to make one?

like in pokemon zephyr the HYDRA ISLAND script

A dive script?
Well here's one. I think it works.
Someone try it.

(PKMN_FR)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

hot_kage

I am like a rose cute and calm
Years
A dive script?
Well here's one. I think it works.
Someone try it.

(PKMN_FR)
Spoiler:
thank you but i need the splash animation an ideas?

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
In ruby how do I change the poochyena that you fight when you get your first pokemon to a different pokemon?
you have to analyze that script and search for the "wildbattle" command. Then change its first parametre with the number of the pokemon you want

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
In ruby how do I change the poochyena that you fight when you get your first pokemon to a different pokemon?

you have to analyze that script and search for the "wildbattle" command. Then change its first parametre with the number of the pokemon you want

I tried that...

There is no "wildbattle" for that script. I think it's one of the specials. I need to change poocheyena to a pidgey.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Check out the resources thread. I uploaded an ips to add Sound as a type. Compare it to a clean Fire Red rom in a hex editor, and see the differences. It's basically just repointing some stuff.

Thats not what I really meant. How do you set it up, like making what its weak or good against? I also cannot find your IPS patch. I looked at one of your tutorials, and saw that you had all of the types listed, and that there was one unknown. If I could, I would like to change that type. If you could help me find variables to change it so that its weak to certain types and strong against others.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Does anyone know how to edit the flower animations successfully? I tried it with the tutorial on Whack a Hack and it didnt work out too well. Do you know how to open it up in the pallete the flower usually is?
Yeah, open up VBA, and go to an area with a flower. Open up palette viewer and hit "Save BG". In Time Molester goto Palette→Open from another file(or something like that)→choose that pal. Hit the arrows at the bottom, next to the pal till You get to the correct palette.

thank you but i need the splash animation an ideas?
If you have the player do the "Jump" movement command, then disappear, It will do the splashing effect automatically.

Thats not what I really meant. How do you set it up, like making what its weak or good against? I also cannot find your IPS patch. I looked at one of your tutorials, and saw that you had all of the types listed, and that there was one unknown. If I could, I would like to change that type. If you could help me find variables to change it so that its weak to certain types and strong against others.
Darthatron made a tool for that, in the Toolbox.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

I tried that...

There is no "wildbattle" for that script. I think it's one of the specials. I need to change poocheyena to a pidgey.

Also does anyone know how to deit the battle tower trainers because I looked at the script and they dont have the trainer battle thing.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
i have a really stupid question
on unLZ.GBA i ran a deep scan.
how do i revert unLZ.GBA to normal?
yoou have to delete the files "yourromname.gba.pal" and "yourromname.gba.spr" in the dyrectory of your rom

P.S. ( you have to change yourromname with the name of your rom, of course xd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back