• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Six God Generals (RMT)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
the_six_god_generals_by_jointoperation-d3gokh0.png

2h5tgjl.png

Introduction

Hi friends, you didn't expect another rmt so soon after Cursed Memories, did ya? Well, I decided to make one, due to the fact that I've really grown accustomed to this team. Well, first of all, I have to start off by while I'm normally like a balanced / semi-stalling type of player, (ever since I've started playing, in fact!) I do like playing with offense as well. The beauty of playing with offensive teams is that you get to get on your opponents grill on the get go; trying to prevent their plans on setting up and what not. My only issue is that they -can- require a lot of prediction and good timing to use efficiently, or else your pokemon will faint all too quickly and too suddenly... as will this team can, but, I'm finally getting this team accustomed to my play style, handling weather, or other play styles to my liking.

Well, I first at least wanted to try a volt switch / u-turn combo, which people might automatically think: "Rotom-W and Scizor", right? Although at times I found that I misplay with Rotom so much; like, not predicting a Gastrodon, or coming into toxics... it was a mess. At that time, I've also had gyardos in the team, in which I found out that Rotom-W can't really handle electric moves that much, so, I've decided to use a Jolteon. Its interesting to note that Jolteon has been my primary lead thus far; it can scout for sponges and other threats, allowing me to come into to something to threaten the threat in question. Another cool feature to this team is baton passing from Espeon; I can baton pass calm minds from it to say, latios or vrizon, or maybe something like gyarados so that it can increase its overall survivability.

To be honest, these 6 have been chosen for their synergy with each other, so while they can be a random selection of 6 pokemon, they do work well together; which was why I named this team "the six god generals". To those who don't know, the six god generals are antagonists from a game called Tales of the Abyss. They are led by someone named Van, where you'd have to face them many times over. They include Asch the Bloody, Legretta the Quick, Sync the Tempest, Arietta the Wild, Largo the Lion, and Dist the Reaper.

2h5tgjl.png

At a Glance

135.png
381.png
130.png
196.png
640.png
Spr_5b_212_m.png

2h5tgjl.png

A Closer Look

Legretta_the_Quick.jpg
Ani135MS.png
Jolteon @ Choice Specs **** Legretta, the Quick

• Volt Absorb
  • 4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
  • Timid Nature [+Speed, -Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Volt Switch - Probably the move that I use the most with this pokemon. Volt Switch provides great scouting purposes, as well as denting pokemon that do like to switch on it, the exception being ground pokemon like Quagsire or Gastrodon. It also works really well with Scizor's U-turn. (the infamous Volt-Turn combo)
    • Thunder Bolt - Jolteon's more powerful STAB move, as it's purposes is to serve as a clean up when my opponents pokemon has been weakened. I don't use Thunder since I'm not using a rain team, and I don't really trust it's accuracy regardless.
    • Hidden Power [Grass] - If I predict well enough, this move can really put a great dent to ground pokemon that likes to switch in to Volt Switch, ie. Quagsire, Swampert, and Gastrodon, being able to KO them all.
    • Shadow Ball - A move that hits psychic pokemon like Reuniclus, or Celebi, paving the way for my Vrizion to sweep more effectively. Again, it requires good prediction, but it has its great rewards.

• Why this Pokemon?:
    Jolteon is a really fast pokemon that is a really great scouter, special sweeper, and revenge killer. While it's not especially bulky, when it does get in it's capable of doing serious damage to teams. As far as it being a team player, it can sponge electric moves for Gyarados, and Gyarados can avoid Jolteon's ground weakness. Jolteon can also fend off gyarados's and counters like Starmie and Jellicent, so that Gyarados can have an easier time. It also performs well with scizor, being a more offensive Volt Turn combo.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 Speed allows Jolteon to hit its maximum speed stat: 394.
    • 252 Special attack, along with Choice Specs, allows Jolteon to hit as hard as it can with its Thunder moves, and Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Grass.
    • 4 Hp is filler, perhaps allowing Jolteon to take at least one CB Bullet Punch.

• Considered Changes
    Hidden Power [Ice] > Hidden Power [Grass]?

scaled.php
Ani381MS.png
Latios @ Choice Specs **** Dist, the Reaper

• Levitate
  • Timid Nature [+Speed, -Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Draco Meteor - Arguably Latios's most famous move, as this is pretty much one of the best moves on terms of hit and run. Draco Meteor can hit hard on anything; including certain Scizors who like to switch in.
    • Surf - Mainly for pokemon like Heatran, or Tyranitar, who does like to check Latios. Surf provides Latios with an excellent coverage move to be used alongside his Dragon-type STAB; it helps weaken Pokemon such as Tyranitar (and in some cases, Steel-types such as Scizor) hoping to switch in on a Draco Meteor.
    • Trick - Trick rounds off the set, providing Latios with a way to bypass, and incapacitate, special walls such as Blissey, Chansey, and others hoping to sponge Latios's attacks. It can also cripple few pokemon, like Reuniclus, in order to prevent it on setting up too much.
    • Psyshock - Pretty much a move that can hit Blissey, Virizion, Terrakion, Conckledurr, and so on, without resorting to other methods.

• Why this Pokemon?:
    Latios focuses on focus on dealing a large amount of damage over a relatively long period of time, this set aims to inflict copious amounts of damage to an opponent's team straight away. Draco Meteor is a staple on the team, as after the boost attained from Choice Specs, it's able to heavily dent any Pokemon that resists it, and decimate everything else, bar a few exceptions. It can also take a variety of hits, due to its dragon / levitate typing, synergizing with Jolteon, Gyarados, Vrizion, and Scizor.

• EVs & Nature:
    • 252 Speed lets Latios hit its maximum speed mark: 350.
    • 252 Special attack, along with Choice Specs, allow Latios to hit has hard as possible with Draco Meteor.
    • 4 HP is to allowing a minor increase in the hit taking ability of Latios, but is mostly filler

• Considered Changes
    Hidden Power [Fire] somewhere?

Largo.jpg

Ani130MS.png
Gyarados @ Choice Band **** Largo, the Lion

• Intimidate
  • 252 Atk | 88 Def | 168 Spe
  • Adamant Nature [+Attack, -Special Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Aqua Tail - Aqua Tail is great for its STAB move, allowing it to hit pokemon a lot harder than Waterfall.
    • Stone Edge - Gyarados's coverage move that hits Flying type Dragons, other Gyarados, or maybe a Rotom-W that comes in.
    • Ice Fang - Allows Gyarados to have better coverage to deal with Gliscor, and hurts Dragonite harder than Stone Edge.
    • Earthquake - This move on Gyarados allows it to OHKO incoming Jolteon, and allows it to also OHKO Heatran, if I feel I'm unlucky enough to be avoiding on using Aqua Tail. It can also nail the other two common weather starters, Tyranitar and Ninetales, for excellent damage, provided they aren't carrying an Air Balloon.

• Why this Pokemon?:
    Gyarados is a great pokemon that can come in a variety of threats that most of my pokemon can't, which includes Scizor, Conckledurr, Lucario, a choice scarfed Landorus's Earthquake, and so on. Its synergy with Jolteon is great since it can take ground moves that Jolteon can't handle, and it can also take fire moves that Virizion and Scizor can't handle. In exchange, Jolteon and Virizion can sponge its super-effective Thunder-type move weakness, as well as Rock moves are also sponged by Virizion and Latios.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 Attack and the Choice Band give Machamp his maximum damage dealing ability
    • 88 Def gives Gyarados a great overall bulk, taking advantage of Intimidate.
    • 168 Spe allows Gyarados to outspeed all neutral-natured base 70 Speed Pokemon, such as Breloom.

• Considered Changes
    Nothing at the moment

scaled.php

Ani196MS.png
Espeon @ Leftovers **** Arietta, the Wild

• Magic Bounce
  • 252 HP | 4 SpA | 252 Spe
  • Timid Nature [+Special Attack, -Speed]
  • Moveset:
    • Baton Pass - Baton pass allows Espeon to pas son Calm Minds to one of its partner Team mates (ie. Latios or Virizion). Baton Pass is also crucial for Espeon to escape unfavorable matchups, especially against Pursuit users.
    • Calm Mind - Espeon's boosting move, since Espeon can be a great sweeper, under good conditions if its counters and checks are weakened / fainted.
    • Psyshock - Since this team is not a Baton Pass team, Psyshock is more favourable on hitting Blissey or Chansey.
    • Hidden Power Fighting - Allows Espeon to hit Tyranitar and Ferrothorn if I want it to, since Scizor are covered by Gyarados.

• Why this Pokemon?:
    Espeon can bounce back status moves, like Will-o-Wisp and thunder Wave, in which those are the type of moves that this team doesn't necessarily like. It can also bounce back things like stealth rock, n which it does provide good support for Gyarados. Calm Minding and Baton Pass help out Latios and Virizion, and to some extent, Jolteon, on sweeping more effectively. In exchange, dark and ghost moves are covered by Virizion and Scizor.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 Spe allows Esepon be as fast as possible, although thanks to HP Fighting, it has a 30 Spe IV reaching 349 speed.
    • 252 HP gives Espeon good bulk to take a CB Bullet Punch from Scizor
    • 4 SpA is filler, but does help out Espeon's good special attack

• Considered Changes
    Psychic > Psyshock?
    or
    Hidden Power Fire > Shadow Ball?

scaled.php

Ani640MS.png
Virizion @ Leftovers **** Sync, the Tempest
  • Justified
  • Timid Nature [+Attack, -Speed]
  • Moveset:
    • Calm Mind - Since this is the offensive calm mind set, of course, one would need calm mind. Calm mind is good in order to pump up special attack, but, also providing bulk by raising special defense.
    • Focus Blast - Although the accuracy is shake, it is pretty powerful thanks to Virizion's typing, being able to cover stuff like Blissey and Tyranitar.
    • Hidden Power Ice - With Hidden Power Ice, Virizion can KO pokemon such as Gliscor, Dragonite, and possibly dent Celebi.
    • Giga Drain - In case Virizion wants to heal, it can just pull off a Giga Drain against an acceptable pokemon. It allows Virizion to basically have better survivability.

• Why this Pokemon?:
    Virizion is the only grass type in this team, and it is also a fighting type, so it can sponge water, electric, ground, rock, and grass moves. Thanks to its typing, it can cover rock and electric moves for Gyarados, and ground moves for jolteon. In exchange, its psychic-type weakness is covered by Latios, Espeon, and Scizor, and its Fire weakness is covered by Gyarados and Latios as well.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 Special attack allows Virizon to hit as hard with its special attacks as it can
    • 252 Spe allows Virizion to have its maximum speed as it can, but due to the Hidden Power, its overall speed is 345.
    • 4 HP helps Virizion hold some of its overall bulk.

• Considered Changes
    None so far

leopard-raws-tales-of-the-abyss-25-raw-1280x720-x264_001_26599.png

Ani212MS.png
Scizor @ Choice Band **** Asch, the Bloody

• Technician
  • 248 HP | 252 Att | 8 Special Defense
  • Adamant Nature [+Attack, -Speed]
  • Moveset:
    • Bullet Punch - Scizor is the only pokemon in this team pokemon that has a priority move, which Bullet Punch is pretty much it. Choice Band-boosted Bullet Punch is incredibly powerful even with no setup, and allows Scizor to revenge kill dangerous threats such as Salamence locked into Outrage, Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and Double Booster Terrakion.
    • U-turn - Scizor's STAB move, where U-turn can pull off scouting purposes, and work well with Jolteon's Volt Switch (again, Volt-turning).
    • Pursuit - Pursuit allows Scizor to KO or do huge damage to fleeing Psychic-types, such as Reuniclus, Starmie, and Slowbro; it also checkmates Choice Specs Latios locked into Draco Meteor.
    • Superpower - Superpower does huge damage to Scizor's main counters, OHKOing Heatran, Magnezone, and Ferrothorn expecting a Bullet Punch. Specially defensive Skarmory also takes significant damage, and can be OHKOed if it Roosts.

• Why this Pokemon?:
    Scizor is really helpful on keeping momentum; its scouting and revenge killing are second to none as well. It's also really good for this team, because of it's typing; it can come in dark moves and Ice moves, covering Latios, and can kind of come into a couple of outrages as well. In exchange, fire moves are covered by Latios and Gyarados.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 Att allows Scizor to hit as hard as possible
    • 248 Hp allows Scizor to have somewhat extra bulk
    • 8 SpD is filler, to let Scizor take a Surf, and a Draco Meteor or so.

• Considered Changes
    None so far

2h5tgjl.png

Conclusion

That's it! Hope you enjoy this RMT of mine. <3 If want the format of this RMT, feel free to ask me, and I shall receive. Like all RMTs, suggestions/rates/death threats to never use this team again are always welcome.

Also, here's the importable text:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back