• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Ailment Do You Hate Most

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
What ailment do you hate the most?

Mean to have a poll, but messed up... Fffaa-!

Poison
Paralyze
Sleep
Burn
Freeze
Confusion
Infatuation
Curse

Is, is that all of them?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
Infatuation. I always have the worst luck with that, and it manages to always get me because it's mostly used by female Pokémon in-game from NPC trainers, and like I said in another thread, I almost always have only male Pokémon on my team. The others suck too, but there's nothing worse than being incapable of doing anything for me because your Pokémon is too attracted to the other to move. At least with the others there are healing items.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Infatuation if for some odd reason I cannot switch, but Paralyze overall.

Of course for a physical Pokemon, Burn is a living hell as it renders them 100% useless.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Omg definitely infatuation :/ They use attract, and the spam double team D: , also Paralyze is annoying too, as it cuts that speed I EV trained ever so long for.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
For me it's Confusion, I seem to always get tails in the perpetual coin toss of hit-and-miss. Oddly, Infatuation doesn't bother me, I usually hit my mark even when ailed with that. *Knocks on wood*

Meowthison

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Infatuation always renders my Pokemon useless. *_*
And like someone mentioned before the spam Double Team is a million times worse than any ailment! Dx

simons545

Aspiring Master
Years
[SIZE="a"]I'm so sick of npc's with clefairy **** CUTE CHARM!!! So infatuation has to be my no.1. Second is probably paralysis. Speed fail...[/SIZE]

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As a very offensive-minded player, I hate paralysis; it hinders my chances of sweeping a team by cutting Speed and possibly preventing an attack. Sleep does come in close for a similar reason, though and confusion is more annoying than dangerous IMO.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Confusion and Infatuation always seem to stop my Pokemon from doing anything more than 50% of the time, particularly the latter.
But I have to admit that there's something satisfying about breaking through Confusion after the opponent just used Swagger on your physical attacker.

Years
Omg definitely infatuation :/ They use attract, and the spam double team D: , also Paralyze is annoying too, as it cuts that speed I EV trained ever so long for.

Hehe, I hope I didn't battle you because that's excactly what I do on B/W wifi single battles. Although for some reason it's all based on luck if you hit. I once maxed out evasiveness on my female Glaceon, under hail, with a brightpowder on hold and with an attracted male Typhlosion, and it still hit me with a fire blast.

Anyhow, I really dislike the frozen ailment. Once your pokemon is frozen by an Ice beam or Blizzard it's all over, but again, if you're lucky you unfreeze in the turn after you're frozen.

Years
I'm going to say confusion! Because my pokemon's attacks work less than 60% of the time everytime!(Anchorman reference :3) But seriously there's nothing more infuriating than watching your pokemon hurt itself when your opponent only needs one more hit to die :<

Mango Dolphin

The Trainer that's a Pony
Years
Let's act this out.
Jigglypuff used Sing!
Mango fell asleep!
Lunaria used Shout loudly!
Nothing happened.
"COME ON, GET THE FLUFFING FUDGE UP, MANGO!!!!"
Nothing happened.

You see, no matter how much you scream at your 3DS, they won't wake up until they feel like it.

blue

gucci
Years
I hate confusion, it just drags especially I'm the one confused or so it seems to be the case 90% of the time. I don't have a problem with Infatuation or Freeze considering it rarely happens but Burn and Paralyse can be a pain effecting stats and whatnot.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Paralysis. I hate that condition. Slowed speeds, since my Pokémon mainly rely on speed, is a recipe for disaster. Plus, the "unable to move" part is even more annoying. It renders my Pokémon as useful as a bag of soap.

Sleep, easy.
Frost, easy.
Burns, easy.
Poison, easy.
Infatuation, easy.
Confusion, easy.
Paralysis....
Argh!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Ugh, I hate like all status ailments so much, so it's hard to choose between them. Freeze is probably the one I hate the least, since I always seem to break out of it right away, and it's not one I see that often. Infatuation never really bugged me either, because usually I'm still able to attack like 80% of the time.

I'd say i hate Poison, Confusion and Sleep equally, because they're all just so goddang annoying. Poison not only affects you each turn in-battle, but slowly drains the life away from your Pokémon outside of battle if they aren't healed, and I usually never heal them.

I never seem to be able to hit when confused, and one time I didn't hit once with one of my Pokémon because of the stupid confusion, and it's especially annoying in battles that are already tough. Getting confused with Swagger though never appears to be a problem, and I'm usually able to hit, which helped me a lot while beating the Pokémon league in Sapphire no too long ago xD

I just genuinely hate Sleep. It comes at the worst times, and except for the first generation where you had the PokéFlute, I just never have anything to help me against it with me, so I'm usually stuck trying to wake up my Pokémon throughout the whole battle against Pokémon with one of those moves.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Playing through the game, I hate all status ailments equally. When it comes to battling online, though, Paralysis emerges as my least favorite one because it's a double whammy - it cuts speed and limits your opportunities for attack. And since at least half my team typically relies on speed, that's obviously a big hindrance to me.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Infatuation and Sleep are both equally for me the worst when happen to my own team. Once in a while most of my Pokemon are male (I just catch the first one that comes out - and I haven't caught yet, I don't care much for gender)

Sleep, I really never carry enough (or any at all) awakening potions, when opponent use sing I really really hope the attack misses, otherwise my Pokemon won't be able to battle 3-4 turns.

The one I worry the least about is Paralyz, Persian has Limber Limb so can't be paralyzed. Its always the first in my teams.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Probably poison, because it lasts outside of battle and forces me to invest in antidotes (or a cleric). My absolute least favorite part of Pokemon statuses is evasion maneuvers and debuffs though (like Emolga...*eye twitch*).

Back