• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is everyone afraid of hacked pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Being banned from online battling is one reason, but another one is because people think that obtaining pokemon from an Action Replay takes away from the game a bit. It's more rewarding to train your pokemon rather than hack to get it.
I have never heard of people or Pokemon being banned from online battling. The games' filters really aren't that good. Yes, if something on your hacked Pokemon is illegal it's not allowed to battle on random wi-fi, but all you'd need to do is fix that little problem and it's perfectly fine. The game can't tell what's hacked because hacked Pokemon are the exact same as normal Pokemon, unless you're talking about the ones with illegal stats.

I don't know if they still can, but at least in the past they had a possibility of ruining your entire game, making you lose all your Pokemon and your save file. Also, they can be banned from online battling and such, so if you trade a good, legit Pokemon for a hacked one to battle with without realizing, you're screwed pretty much. There are so many shortcuts in the game, why hack anyway?
They're not banned forever from online, you just need to change the little thing that's making them illegal. And what? Ruining your entire game?

Hacked Pokemon are usually no different from normal Pokemon. Scratch that, they tend to have perfect IVs.

There seems to be a big misconception that having hacked Pokemon can damage your game. If you make them properly, they don't and they can be almost indistinguishable from captured pokemon. Besides, there's very little difference between RNG abuse and hacking anyway and I see RNG abused shinies with maxed out IV's getting traded all the time without the stigma.
Yeah, where did all this "damage your game" stuff come from?

It takes the fun out of it IMO. I'd much rather hunt for the PKMN and then capture it in it's natural environment than hack it in somewhere else.
Only to figure out the Pokemon has abysmal IVs?

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I totally agree with it taking the challenge out of the game with obtaining them. By the way, if you get traded a Keldeo, Meloetta, or Genesect, it's hacked, I guarantee it. That's because the events to obtain them have not been held.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
Taking out the challenge? Many of you seem to see this as a universal truth. What about people that enjoy their ice punch Blaziken and swear to never use it in battles with other humans? Having Pokémon with illegal moves amuses me, and I love the nature code for legends. EV codes are great if you're careful and don't misuse them.

Also, what challenge is it to just drive to an event and download the Pokémon instead of trying to capture it? That time I hacked Jirachi in Valley Windworks? Do you have any idea how hard those things are to catch? Not everyone loves the masterball cheat. It was significantly more challenging than the tedious soft-resetting at the man with the green hat.

My game has never been damaged, but it has messed up a little. My hack game is Pearl, and Azelf's lake is dried up and infested with Team Galactic, but with Azelf still in the cave. I am amused.

You know, some of us do have morals. When I offer Pokémon for trade, I say if they're hacked. When I battle, I say if they're hacked. Still, all this stuff about not having a challenge? It depends how you use the cheats. It's all relative.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Plus there are pokemon that you can't capture until after beating the elite four, so what's the point of even capturing these pokemon if you can't use them in the game? Well you can use them if you hack them.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
Years
Hacked Pokemon have never messed up my game and Pokesav is technically hakced but I consider it an art. It takes a good amount of time to make a Pokemon, a legit one using Pokesav.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hacking for a Pokemon takes the fun out of working to get it. There could be also a risk that it can corrupt save files, but I'm not sure.

Years
Hacking for a Pokemon takes the fun out of working to get it. There could be also a risk that it can corrupt save files, but I'm not sure.
Keep in mind that not everyone finds it fun to breed Pokemon for days just to get one with passable IVs. This is a major reason people hack. To make matters worse, the tools needed to create "illegal" Pokemon are more accessible than ever. Most people know about Action Replay, and there is a program that allows you to create Pokemon and send them other the GTS to your player using a certain website. Using this same method people can distribute Pokemon to many different players as well. It's like they're hosting their own wi-fi events. Players are now distributing flawless RNG'd Pokemon to the entire world. The fact that so many people now have flawless Pokemon through unofficial distributions, RNG, and hacking encourages others to do so. Many fans feel the need to somehow get flawless Pokemon of their own using these methods just so they can stay competitive.

I partially blame Game Freak for this. The whole concept of IVs is contradictory to some of the things they encourage in their games. The reality is that some Pokemon of the same species are just naturally stronger than others. Your Pokemon will most likely never became the best its species can be. It can take days or even weeks to get a Pokemon with the right ability, nature, and IVs. It doesn't help that they made IVs practically invisible. As the fanbase gets more and more competitive and more people learn about the hidden mechanics we see more hacked and RNG'd Pokemon.

Years
For those that don't enjoy breeding their Pokemon to use in Wi-Fi battles, there are simulators, which can provide an experience that is just as competitive as it would be in the games. Most of the talk of file corruption stems from the warnings on the AR and Bad Eggs, although most people end up being fine after they hack their save file.

It can take days or even weeks to get a Pokemon with the right ability, nature, and IVs.

This right here is exactly why hacks aren't respected or allowed within the trading and battling community, even if IVs and nature were the only thing hacked, because as long as breeding remains a skill, hacking remains something that is looked down upon.

Aspie, Ivs are Individual Values, and they add to a Pokemon's stats, each stat can have a total of 31 Possible IVs, and the stat can be no higher if it has 31 IVs and a Helpful nature, this is why Pokemon with High IVs [you can manipulate Pokemon's IVs through use of the game's Random Number Generator] are highly sought after.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I have a couple of hacked Pokemon, and they never messed up my game and I doubt that they ever will. I sometimes use these hacked Pokemon for reasons like the Battle Subway and the Battle Frontier/Tower.

:t354:TG

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Yeah, I don't think that hacked pokemon mess up your game anymore and I don't find anything wrong with it, it's your game, you should be able to do anything you wan't with it.

Years
Yeah, I don't think that hacked pokemon mess up your game anymore and I don't find anything wrong with it, it's your game, you should be able to do anything you wan't with it.
I totally agree. It's one thing if you're trading hacked Pokemon to others or using them in battle against those who don't know, but nobody has the right to say what you can or can't do in your own game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2011
So basically there is no drawback except for if your online battling? I know that the action replay pokemon don't ruin your game.
not true.my cousin and several of his friends would hack and every single one of them ended up with their game breaking at least once

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
Years
It ruins the challenge of the games, obviously. Instead of taking months (even years) to raise all your favourite Pokemon to level 100 with a good moveset, by hacking you can obtain all 629 of them with those stats in seconds, not to mention that you can hack Wondertombs and Wondereyes into your game and create other illegal Pokemon. Those people who don't hack have to put up with these types of Pokemon when they battle online, and that's no fun at all.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
ARP Pokemon just make the game too easy. I always feel sorry for cheaters, because they don't make their game any more fun by making it easier.

However, Hacked Pokemon are simply unfair for online gaming- at least most ARP Pokemon can still obtained by others, but like it has been mentioned, some people choose to hack in Wondertombs/eyes and use them online. This infuriates me to no end.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
i have never hacked, BUT I have used AR on my Diamond, I used the walk anywehre one, sO I obtained Darkri and Shaymin before I even had my 7th badge, but I like to train and battle my Pokemon NATURALLy and how the game was ORIGINALLY meant to be, because I like battling, getting stronger, if I lose, i just go out in the wild, and train,train,train, until im ready to try again, I dont battle online so therefore I have never seen or battled a hacked Pokemon, but I do think that hacked pokemon are for people who are to lazy to find someone to trade or wait for an event.. because Ive seen the statements....

There could be Pokemon that you can't obtain in that game

First off, wow, that statement can not be held in a arguement, Because, The thing about that is that Gamefreak wants you TO FIND people TO TRADE with, that is why trading was originally there for..

and the other statement

What if you miss an event...
Same as above, FIND SOMEONE TO TRADE

also I had a question to see if this was considered a hack..

I used the walk anywhere cheat from AR on my Diamond, and obtained Darkri before I got my 7th badge, NOW, when it came time to go to the island naturally in the game, where Darkri was supposed to be, he was there again.. so I came to have 2 darkris, would taht be considered a hack?

(EDIT) 200th post!! yay

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Not everyone knows, or can find people to trade with, much less a person who is willing to trade an event Arceus or a pokemon of that sort. And yes, using action replay does make a game more fun for some people, and lastly who are any of you to tell someone what to do with their own game, just because it spoils your fun does not mean it spoils the fun of others, their are alot of things that you can do with an action replay that make for interesting gameplay. As for online play, I do agree it is cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back