• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I can't drag or move the red box to the places were i want my warps to be. Help!?

Are warp tiles not Purple with a W on them? o_o I might be going crazy.

The Dootmaster -

Use print screen ;)

Kolossus -

Are you saving before you load up the ROM? Stupid question but sometimes the silliest things happen.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2009
Help

I need some help!!
I have been working on a rom for a while now, and everything was working fine. I added a script into the rom, and saved. The script worked fine when i played the rom, but then when i tried to go back into advance map, it said it couldn't open the rom???
The game still plays fine, but i canot edit it. Don;t want to start again, as i have spent quite a lot of time on it.
somebody help please...

link12552

decade club
Years
I need some help!!
I have been working on a rom for a while now, and everything was working fine. I added a script into the rom, and saved. The script worked fine when i played the rom, but then when i tried to go back into advance map, it said it couldn't open the rom???
The game still plays fine, but i canot edit it. Don;t want to start again, as i have spent quite a lot of time on it.
somebody help please...

I'm getting the feeling that you have accidentilly overwritten some crucial information on your rom.

The first thing to check is if your roms header has been changed. To do this open it in a hex editor.

Note: I am not familliar with all rom headers, so please compare it to a copy of the original rom

HexHelp.png

^I'm using FIRERED US^

If this header is fine I suggest you check to see if AM has backed up your rom. This is a file usually in the same directory with the same name but the file extention *.bak. Copy and paste this file somwhere like your desktop so that it's not in the same directory as your rom and change its name from "whatever.bak" to "whatever.gba":classic:

This should create a new rom.

I'm sorry if none of these sollutions work, but you have to remember to constently back up your work!:(

aquaxi

Beginning Mapper
Years
Which Tileset are you using? It looks different that mine. Yours looks more 3d. Is it perhaps from D/P? If so, is there a possible way for me to get it?

Last edited:

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
Years
Hi,
I wanted to insert new tiles but then I made a mistake and changed the wrong tiles and now i want to have the original tiles but how can i make that??

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 6, 2017
cave warps trouble

help ! ! i make a cave in advance and when i try it , i go in and i cant get out !!!! =(

I have the same exact problem, this is the only thing i can't seem to figure out or find an answer to anywhere. could someone like post a video of themselves making a cave and playing the ROM to show that the warps work? caves are a big part of what i wana do, so plz someone help

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
1 thing about using the Map Connections... I am making a remake of Pokemon Gold using FireRed and I made New Bark Town, Route 29, and Cherrygrove City. I tried to connect them all together and this is what happened:

PokemonGloryDays_01.png

I'm 99% sure that I did it right though... Can somebody help me?

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
great guide, thank for showing us how to create people, i was really lost on that ^^

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Thanks!!! I really needed this! I had already learned this stuff by practice, but you really helped me with the Person ID. My hack would be lost without this! Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2009
How to make warps

I'm working on a rom hack but I can't figure out how to make a warp to my cave that I've made. I made the entrance and the warp square, but I don't know how to make it warp inside the cave. Can someone help me out? It would be a HUGE help.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
I'm working on a rom hack but I can't figure out how to make a warp to my cave that I've made. I made the entrance and the warp square, but I don't know how to make it warp inside the cave. Can someone help me out? It would be a HUGE help.

What you probably haven't done is changed where the warp leads to. what you need to do is:
1. Highlight events, click on the warp
2. on the right, there is a box next to the text 'map bank', enter the first number next to your caves name (eg. Vermillion City is 3.5, the 3 is the map bank.)
3. Below, there is a box nect to the word 'Map', this is the second number next to your caves name (eg. Vermillion City is 3.5, the 5 is the Map)
4. The 'to warp no.' above refers to the warp you wish to connect to. To find out what this is, go to your cave and highlight your exit, at the top it will say 'No.', the number in the box next to this is the number you must enter in the 'to warp no.' in your entrance warp.
5. Do the same thing with the other warp, only finding the map and bank of the entrance location

hope that helped.

Now, my problem is that, when i changed the pokemon centre/mart tileset with paint, when i loaded it it turned into blank green. i tried it with the tree tiles and it done the same. Please tell me what caused it to happen and how i can fix it. In case my description wasn't clear, an image of what happened is below.

EDIT: I have solved the problem myself, it was related to the Pallete

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2009
Hey thanks for the help on the caves! I'll try it out but I can't help you on your problem, sorry :(

Years
Embarassingly stupid question incoming...

I've finished creating my map in AdvanceMap1.92, but when I click the Wild Pokemon tab, I get ""no wild pokemon data was found for this map". I've searched the editor high and low, and can't seem to find a way to enable wild pokemon D:

indohekrz

Logged Out
Years
Hey Link12552! You forgot the Connection Manager tutorial. It is very important.
Please add the Connection Manager, I was confused with the offset in Connection Manager.

Last edited:
Back