• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greeneflower

Pikachu Rules!
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Don't have yellow.. :( I'll never get a Pikachu, with my luck!

EDIT: I'm mad at Lt. Surge, he's showing off his Pikachu and Raichu! >: (

Last edited:

irmck

Super Trainer Dude
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
I started poison monotype on crystal yesterday.
I'm stuck at Whitney's miltank (Roll out)

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Years
Here are the possible Pokmeon you could be using for the challenge up to this point:
Weedle Line
Gastly Line
Bellsprout Line
Zubat Line
Ekans Line (Silver)
Nidoran Line (Both)

Gastly's line is also part ghost type so that gives it a slight edge in the beginning as normal moves won't affect it. Nidorans' Line can both learn Double Kick which can come in handy. Other than that, all I can suggest is grinding for levels and bring lots of Lemonade. They're cheaper and heal much more than potions and super potions.

irmck

Super Trainer Dude
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
Dam i completly forgot about bellsprout and gastly and nidoran. ><

Thanks very much. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Crystal: Where is Surf?

So I keep reading in guides that once you meet with Jasmine in Olivine you need to go to Cianwood using surf... but I don't have surf. And the guides don't say where to get it -_-

How do I get to Cianwood/Get Surf?

Years
If it's the same place as Gold and Silver, then go to Ecruteak, to the Kimono Girls' dance studio place. Battle them all, and talk to the old man towards the bottom of the room. He'll give you Surf.

Years
In Crystal, a Moon Stone can be found in Tohjo falls, an area accessed by surfing to the right of New Bark Town, from Mom, and in the Ruins of Alph (you'll need to use Flash in the South East chamber; you'll need surf).

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Got it.

I helped Jasmine with the medicine, but now I'm in Mahogany town and I can't figure out what to do... I captured the red Gyrados and talked to the weird agent guy at the lake but now what? It wont let me past that stupid candy bar guy...

EDIT: Oh and FLY, how do I get FLY?

Years
You go into the little shop next to the RageCandyBar guy and proceed to kicking Team Rocket's arse. HM02 Fly can be found on Cianwood Island. Chuck's wife gives it to you after beating him.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Can you trade Pokemon between a Gameboy Pocket/Color and a Gameboy Advance SP?

If so, what connection device do I use and where do I get it?

Years
I believe you can, but only if you're using the original Link cable and only between Pokemon Crystal and below. Try eBay or Amazon maybe?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Years
I believe you can, but only if you're using the original Link cable and only between Pokemon Crystal and below. Try eBay or Amazon maybe?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You can between GB/GBC, but not with 3rd generation games. If he's refering to having a GBC game in a GBA, then yes you can use a Cable Link, NOT a wirless adapter.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Yeah, I meant trading gen 1 pokemon from Blue/Red/Yellow in a Gameboy Pocket through a link cable to Pokemon Crystal in a Gameboy Advance SP.

From what I've gathered, that's possible, right?

Also, what would that be called on eBay/Amazon?

Years
Yeah, I meant trading gen 1 pokemon from Blue/Red/Yellow in a Gameboy Pocket through a link cable to Pokemon Crystal in a Gameboy Advance SP.

From what I've gathered, that's possible, right?

Also, what would that be called on eBay/Amazon?

You can between GB/GBC/GBA but the game has to be a GB or GBC one. It's called Cable Link/Link Cable (sorry, I don't know how it's called in english, peruvian 13 years old right here... without translators =(
I don't know about the DS, but from what I've heard, it can't hold the old GB/GBC games.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Has anybody ever posted a thread on PC explaining on how the mew glitch works? Or how does the mew glitch work?

Years
I haven't seen one in PC besides the official Glitch thread, but if you want to know how it works this is how:
some place I copied and pasted from said:
The Mew glitch occurs due to a minor programming oversight. When the player steps down towards the Gambler, normally a battle would occur. When the player flies away, however, the battle does not occur. The game does, though, store the data, signaling for a battle occurring near Lavender Town.

When the player fights the Youngster, the battle data for the Gambler is overwritten with the battle data for the Youngster. Due to the way the game reads battle data, the Slowpoke's special stat of 0x15 (21 decimal), or indeed the special stat of your Pokémon the Ditto transformed into (should be 21 to make Mew appear) is placed in the same location that codes for a wild Pokémon.

Returning to Lavender Town, the game attempts to resume the previous battle but using the new data. By accessing the hexadecimal value 0x15, the game loads the battle data for Mew.

This is how it works... or did you want to know how to do it?

JaggedMan

The Cheese Pokemon!
Years
Mew Glitch R/B/Y

Does anyone know or conquered the Mew glitch on Pokemon R/B/Y? Well I have and if you don't know about it post here! :)

JaggedMan

The Cheese Pokemon!
Years
When I learned about it I didn't know you could move and press start at the same time. Catching an abra was hard even with a pokemon with sing in my party. How do you catch .4 anyway?

EDIT: woops, looks like many threads of this was already made (Since this thread is garbage lock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back