• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Location Challenge!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Just posting to let you all know that even though I seem to have disappeared, I'm still around. I was hoping to see some more updates here but guess everyone else is busy with school and stuff too xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, how about this team:

130.gif
131.gif
094.gif
(
093.gif
if you can't trade to evolve)
024.gif
?
Unfortunately, there's no Steel and Dark types in Gen 1 so that leaves you short of 2 Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
The Location Challenge now features the Fairy Type and Kalos Region.
Oh and the first post got updated with all the challengers and champions up until this post here.

MasterCade

The Godfather of Pokemon ;)
Years
Username: MasterCade
Game: Diamond
15 degrees Celsius/59 degrees Fahrenheit and below - Water, Ice, Ghost, Steel, Dark and Poison.

:]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Is it still ok that I do my challenge I had some problems that I couldn't do it with my laptop breaking down on but I can start now

Of course it is ^^
You can start whenever xD
Heck, even I got challenges I signed up for ages ago and never actually started xD

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: MIAU
Game: Platinum
Degree Range: 15° Celsius and below / Water, Ice, Ghost, Steel, Dark and Poison

So today we got our first snow for this winter, and I'm super excited because I love snow! I even chose Platinum because the protagonist is dressed for winter ^_^

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
While I love that you added Mismagius, sadly it's not available in Platinum, and I won't be able to trade for it :(

Also, at the moment Zubat seems to be the only Pokemon that I can get before the 4th Gym, is that okay?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
How about
426.gif
instead of Mismagius then?

Oh and you can get Bronzor in that cave under the cycling road. Not sure wether or not that's after the 4th Gym xD And you can get Eevee from Bebe in Hearthome City in Platinum ^^You can do that before getting the national dex xD So that gives you like 4 Pokémon fairly early?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Yup, he's great, thank you for the team!

Oh I meant before Hearthome City, I'd end up with only Zubat and then get Eevee from Bebe. I only asked because most challenges require that you get a certain number of 'mon earlier in the game, though it actually doesn't seem to be the case now :)

Years
Ruby update 1

Choose Treecko.
Beat May.
Caught Wingull and named it Mr.Killer
Defeated Roxanne and got the stone badge.
defeated Magma Grunt for the second time.
got goods and letter.
Caught Abra and named him Mystic.
Gave letter to Steven Stone.
Abra evolved into Kadabra.
Defeated Brawly and got the knuckles badge.
Beat Megma grunts at Museum and met Maxie.
Gave goods to Cap. Stern.
Beat May again.
beat Wally.
Defeated Wattson and got the Dynamo badge.
Trained on route 118 & route 117.
Mr.Killer evolved into Pelipper.
caught Numel and named her Shattered.
Beat a bunch of Magma Grunts.
Beat Maxie.
Raised Shattered, Mr.Killer and Mystic to level 30.

Mr.Killer The Pelipper
Level 31
nature: Docile
Moves: Growl, Watergun, Wing Attack and Supersonic

Mystic The Kadabra
Level 30
Nature: Naive
Moves: Teleport, Confusion, Recover and Future Sight

Shattered the Numel
Level 31
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Growl, Take Down, Ember and Magnitud

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Update #1
Platinum, 15° Celsius and below / Water, Ice, Ghost, Steel, Dark and Poison

Badge Case
20px-Coal_Badge.png
20px-Forest_Badge.png

Team

Spr_4p_425.png

Boreas ♂ Lv. 23
Aftermath
Mild and mischievous
Gust / Stockpile
Astonish / Payback

Spr_4p_042_m.png

Mercury ♂ Lv. 22
Inner Focus
Hasty and has a sturdy body
Wing Attack / Confuse Ray
Bite / Astonish

• Made my way with Piplup up to Oreburgh City
  • Caught MERCURY the Zubat (Lv. 5); battled against the trainers I avoided until then just so I could level MERCURY faster
  • VS
    VSRoark.png

Zubat is probably the worst Pokemon to take against Roark, and I didn't want to grind too much, so I tried a new approach: battle items. X Defend on the 1st turn allowed me to resist two Rock Throws so I can heal my Zubat; at first I tried to rely on Supersonic to confuse the foes, but Onix was dealing way to little damage to itself, so I forgot about Supersonic and went with an X Attack + Bite. Got lucky with Bite's flinch chance too, so I managed to get the Coal Badge after a few SRs. This was definitely the first time I have ever had this much trouble with the first gym in a game!
  • Back through Oreburgh Gate and Jubilife City and then headed towards Floaroma Town
  • Went to Valley Windworks, where I battled the Team Galactic grunt, who then locked himself inside the power plant, of course after letting me know where to find the key o.O
  • Back through Floaroma Town and headed towards Floaroma Meadow; beat the grunts, got the key and some honey that I'll probably never use...
  • Returned to Valley Windworks and defeated the grunts and Mars
  • Waited until the next day to capture BOREAS
  • Made our way through Eterna Forest, with help from Cheryl; MERCURY evolved into Golbat just before exiting the forest, and is now holding the Soothe Bell to become more friendly
  • VS
    VSGardenia.png

Easily went through the Gym trainers and defeated Gardenia with only BOREAS's Gust. It was a breeze XD

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Atmageth
Game: SoulSilver
Weather: Below 59 degrees Farenheight (I totally spelled that wrong lol)
Also i have access to trading, and i can get a metal coat and a dusk stone, but i have to wait for it to appear in my heartgold file's pokeathlon shop. Also if i could make one request, id rather not use Feraligatr, i'm feeling a starterless run. And i literally just used a mamoswine in heartgold, but i can live with using it again. But the main reason im doing this though, is to try out pokemon ive never used. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
How about this team then?

195.gif
461.gif
429.gif
205.gif
229.gif
024.gif

You said you wanted to try out Pokémon xD so there you go xD

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
This teams great! its a bunch of pokemon that ive never used, but loved their designs! can i trade over a sneasel early on, cause otherwise i cant get it until Mt. Silver

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
This teams great! its a bunch of pokemon that ive never used, but loved their designs! can i trade over a sneasel early on, cause otherwise i cant get it until Mt. Silver

Sure. I have no problem with that.

Back