• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
How do I delete maps and map banks in advance_map ver.1.92?

Anyone know about this?

Also if anyone is good at spriting can they make a backsprite for this:
lugirai64x64.png
Lugirai

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
i have a simple question LOL
okay so in unLZ.GBA does anyone know the number for the battle backround?

Hey, I'm wondering this too. I searched but this search thing doesn't work properly. I searched "battle background" and found "how do I change the background for prof birch intro???"

Anyway, does ANYONE know, or will I have to find it myself...

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in emerald...

The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I've done everything you've said EXACTLY, but I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).

This is what I do:

First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.

Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.

Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, and I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.

What am I doing wrong!?

Also, something completely else, what is the number in unLZ for the badges in emerald?
There's a topic about that, but they give only the frontier symbol offsets.

Maybe you should click on "Export Palette" as well. And make sure you click: "Automatically Repoint" or whatever it says. That's all the help I can give you. :O
And, just like with Pokemon Types, I don't think UnLZ can change the badges. Unless I forgot. x3

Anyways, I'm having trouble inserting backsprites. I've inserted one before, but I don't remember how to do it again. The palette is messed up. The colours are really weird. D: And I tried to re-organise the order of the palette to match the front sprite, but it didn't work.
Help, please?

~Flareon.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Maybe you should click on "Export Palette" as well. And make sure you click: "Automatically Repoint" or whatever it says. That's all the help I can give you. :O
And, just like with Pokemon Types, I don't think UnLZ can change the badges. Unless I forgot. x3

Anyways, I'm having trouble inserting backsprites. I've inserted one before, but I don't remember how to do it again. The palette is messed up. The colours are really weird. D: And I tried to re-organise the order of the palette to match the front sprite, but it didn't work.
Help, please?

~Flareon.

Use PEP to change the offset of your backsprite palette.
Try exporting the palette to an empty offset with unLZ, and then enter your offset in PEP.
Also, is the backsprite indexed?

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong with inserting my pokemon frontsprites? (Read a couple posts up)

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Ok I will remember that! But, is there a way to expand it, so that there are more pallettes for all of the icons?

Also, can someone tell me what the offset in Unlz (fire red) the I can find the question mark sprite?? You know, the one that is for a pokemon that doesn't exist?

Umm........yeah,......Im pretty sure you know something about the question mark guys, or how to expand the pallette capacity for icons.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2009
hi this is a simple question how i know how many bites i need to search in free space finder im trying to do a wild fight but idk how much bites i need o doesnt matter? because de fsf ever put 64 bytes pls help

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
How can you change the trainer class names in a fire red rom? And how do you change what HM you can use like Surf so you can be able to use it after you get the first badge ?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
How can you change the trainer class names in a fire red rom? And how do you change what HM you can use like Surf so you can be able to use it after you get the first badge ?
1. PET 2. Well, that's a tough one. You would have to search all instances of the flag in a Hex editor, then open those addresses in XSE, and see if it's the right script. If it is, then you'll have to change it to what you want.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Where do i find the numbers for pokemon when scripting? I know pikachu is 0x19 from a tutorial, but where can I find the rest? Also how come in a script when I put 0x10 as the level value the pokemon comes out level 16 instead of level 10?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Where do i find the numbers for pokemon when scripting? I know pikachu is 0x19 from a tutorial, but where can I find the rest? Also how come in a script when I put 0x10 as the level value the pokemon comes out level 16 instead of level 10?

look up in thethethethe's scripting tutorial and search thoroughly there, for it has the list of all PKMN in hex.

also, it's lvl 16 'cause you put in the script 0x10, which is in hex value. the script converts that hex into binary, so 0x10 is 16.

you can just put 10 instead of 0x10.

also next time, if you have a script question, ask in the Script Help Thread.

---oOo---​

elow everyone.
I got a question here...

I have a map which when I enter, my RUNNING SHOES vanish. :\
does anyone know why this is happening?

I tried changing the music, don't show name, weather, cave type, fight type, level script removed, but nothing seems to work.

edit...

never mind. I figured it out but another question...
how many warps, scripts and persons and signs can one map handle? :\

Last edited:

Larsie13

look up in thethethethe's scripting tutorial and search thoroughly there, for it has the list of all PKMN in hex.

also, it's lvl 16 'cause you put in the script 0x10, which is in hex value. the script converts that hex into binary, so 0x10 is 16.

you can just put 10 instead of 0x10.

also next time, if you have a script question, ask in the Script Help Thread.

---oOo---​

elow everyone.
I got a question here...

I have a map which when I enter, my RUNNING SHOES vanish. :\
does anyone know why this is happening?

I tried changing the music, don't show name, weather, cave type, fight type, level script removed, but nothing seems to work.

edit...

never mind. I figured it out but another question...
how many warps, scripts and persons and signs can one map handle? :\

Well, it should be able to handle 255 of each type. I just tried it out, and there seemed to be no problem. So yeah, you should be able to put 255 of each type on a map without the game crashing.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Simple Question: Can you run two or three scripts at the same time? Like one level script that is constantly checking a variable while at the same time other scripts in the map running.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
hello ladies, gentlemen and undecided!

I got a question slash request. I want to add more attacks to ruby version. I think I remember a tutorial for fire red but I can't find it. If maybe someone has a link to that then please can you post it?

if not then How to i add more attacks to ruby without replacing attacks?

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Simple Question: Can you run two or three scripts at the same time? Like one level script that is constantly checking a variable while at the same time other scripts in the map running.
simply not :D... You cannot run similar scripts... to do something like that, you have to know ASM

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well I just tried out Darthatron's OW resizing tutorial.
I re-sized a Ho-oh and put a different sprite in it's place. This is what it looks like.

It looked right in OW Editor RE and A-map.
But ingame it looked like this.

I followed the tutorial word for word.
So what's wrong with it?
Or is it the ROM? -_-

iTeruri

iAm
Years
In the FR/LG Trainer Tower, the trainers pokémon are the same level as the player's highest leveled pokémon.
I searched for those trainers with a-trainer, and I couldn't finde them. I tried to look at their script, but a-map gives an error and their script offset is $000000.

So I had no luck fining out how to do this (opponents level = highest player level). However, I 'need' this for a Battle Frontier in Fire Red. If it can't be done, I will sticky with some random levels above 50.

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
Years
I'm hacking Pokemon Ruby, I'm wondering if there's any way to do this stuff:

1. Change the introduction text, the introduction you get when you start a new game.
2. Create another May rival event.

I really want the May event to go like this, the player walks on a certain spot in the map, and May comes walking in from behind you and starts talking, but no battle, then she leaves.
I'm just getting the hand of scripting, and have no idea how to use my Hex Workshop. I'm using Advance Map and the XSE scripting thing too.

Thanks so much in advance.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
hello ladies, gentlemen and undecided!

I got a question slash request. I want to add more attacks to ruby version. I think I remember a tutorial for fire red but I can't find it. If maybe someone has a link to that then please can you post it?

if not then How to i add more attacks to ruby without replacing attacks?
Someone please if you know answer...

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I think it's impossible with standard method, and it's very difficult to do using High-level hacking methods... You probably have to find Attack bank, understand the way attacks are stored in, and then repoint the bank...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back