• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inactive forums and forum pleads.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm considering removing or condensing and merging some forums. Any forum with less than 100,000 posts sets a poor example and impression on new members interested in joining active sections. We have a steady join rate, but the amount of people who stay aren't very high when you compare the numbers. It's obvious that the post count in forums don't satisfy the new members, so that's why I'm planning to do this.

Since people didn't take too kindly to my mod reviews (which are still in progress, I'm nearly done. I just need a few more things and then I'll post the results for all of you to see.), anyone with a forum less active than 100,000 posts should plead your case here.
So by that token we should remove you as well? Hey lets join a site were there is some huge tyrannical guy that acts like only what he says goes. Wow sounds like a magical wonder land!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
lern2respect, Logie. With name changes disabled, that would be impossible, and I can't leave staff just so I can go on a new account.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Emulation has more than double the 'necessary' posts, so it's totally safe, but I'm posting to show my disagreement with this, as I have with most of your other posts, Lerroux. I'm not arguing, as that clearly isn't going to work any more- I'm just making sure my opinion is heard, before you take THAT away.
Your forum is fine. That's the only forum you have any kind of say regarding. Please don't exhibit this kind of behavior again. Keep your head down and focus on your forum. Thanks.

Well good. NU/W is almost at 200,000 posts so not much for me to worry about. xD I feel bad for those forums that might have to be merged/deleted. Honestly, the majority of the forums deserve to stay. Maybe if we could promote more activity in those forums, they can reach the 100k mark and be exempt for merge/deletion?
We've had more than enough time to focus on promoting activity in these sections. Now it's time to end them. They obviously aren't going anywhere.

Ahahahahah..

I'm nearly completely done with this.
Please don't post here if you don't intend to contribute. As a super moderator, you should be setting an example for the rest of the staff to follow.

OKAY NEW TOPIC FOR THIS THREAD

Let's talk about something more productive and helpful for the community: Gira's Cyndaquil. Isn't it cute?
Please don't post here if you don't intend to contribute. As a super moderator, you should be setting an example for the rest of the staff to follow.

I'm not over-analyzing. I've seen this **** happen at tons of other formerly active forums, then they die within the year because the memberbase was pissed off and decided to go to a site that would let them categorize their discussions in a tidy fashion.
That might be true for other forums, but that isn't at all true for this forum. I appreciate your concern, but I know what I'm doing.

If you knew how to read, you would know. But since your head is so far up your ass you have no light to read by, I'll point it out for you: Fanfiction and Writing. It's the only section I care about.

You come in here claiming to know everything but you still don't know what sections are moderated by whom.
I don't really have the time to memorize the moderator list or forum names. That's not what I'm here for.

So by that token we should remove you as well? Hey lets join a site were there is some huge tyrannical guy that acts like only what he says goes. Wow sounds like a magical wonder land!
This doesn't really concern me. This concerns the activity of the forums and the community as a whole.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
How about no, Ley-roo? Yes, I'm calling you that because I'm not spelling out your name.

You should be the one helping us and contributing with your ideas but instead you're just making things worse. Many forums such as Pokemon Anime, Game Development, and Black & White are almost at their 100,000 mark. They won't make it till then because of your plan. I say let the mods of those sections promote a bit more activity. I'm positive they'll make it.

and I don't care if my post is not *contributing* as you said in other similar posts. This is my honest opinion and I as a moderator of this community have the right to voice it.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years

And as an admin, you should know when to step off and politely stop trying to change a place that doesn't need the changes you're trying to give it. You're like a presidential candidate that has most of the public pissed off, with a small group that in the end hopefully be out-voted, going "WE'LL FOLLOW WHATEVER YOU SAY". Meanwhile the rest of us are sitting here going "BULL****". My god, can I just leave? Would that bother anybody? If I stay on staff I'm just fight with this guy, unless I ignore his topics, which in all honestly would be more than half of the eventual staff forum. Jesus christ.

Years
This thread is silly enough to post anything in.

Meganium. Your numbers make you atrocious, and I'm starting to feel ashamed because I'm on the same team as you. Make a new account or leave, for **** sakes..

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Hmmm, I guess we can breathe easy for now.. I'm glad we're all still.. intact, and here. xD;

Also, jesus mean to Megan much? :x

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Meganium. Your numbers make you atrocious, and I'm starting to feel ashamed because I'm on the same team as you. Make a new account or leave, for **** sakes..

I won't make an account. You need to realize that there are other members with worse numbers that mine. MY MOD PARTNER FOR EXAMPLE.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Join the cause, Society against numbers in usernames (SANiU) today and you'll earn a bumper sticker for your car and a fruit basket!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
What does this bumper sticker look like? I don't want some lame one to stick to my car.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Why would we back you up? We're all anti-numbers-in-usernames elitest *******s.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Like, I am totally for getting rid of some of the crappy sections like Game Dev (Yessssssss) and the older gaming forums and TCG, but can you really get away with getting rid of B&W?

Um excuse me, older gaming forums made this whole forum, along with ROM Hacking. If anything, we can merge OVP and OCD. They're not even Pokemon related.

Years

Um excuse me, older gaming forums made this whole forum, along with ROM Hacking. If anything, we can merge OVP and OCD. They're not even Pokemon related.

Yes, but their time has long passed. Why keep the forums when they're dead and hardly anyone important cares about them? We should stop clinging to the past and embrace the future instead. :)

OVP and OCD have two different functions. Why merge them? I'd flip my ****ing **** if you touched OVP. >:(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, but their time has long passed. Why keep the forums when they're dead and hardly anyone important cares about them? We should stop clinging to the past and embrace the future instead. :)

Nah. It's a Pokemon forum. Get rid of non-Pokemon sections. Buh bye. :)

Back