• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Thank you for the welcome ^^.
I had spent most of last night reading through the rules and common mistakes of new RPers such as myself. I will be sure to avoid the real basics, no Godmodding or Bunnying. As well as doing my best to avoid creating a Gary Stu.

I guess I may prefer to start with a Pokemon RP that is anime based. I am not well versed in the Anime, but I just so happen to be a fairly hard core Otaku, so catching up won't be hard. I would be looking for a more co-op experience versus a competitive experience. I have since a fairly young age thought about RPing Pokemon, though for various reasons I was never able to (probably the main reason I feel starting there would be a great idea).

Welcome to the RP Corner Zen Traveller. As of now I suggest you try one of these two Pokemon RPs here and here . PTA is one of the longest running and the most beginner friendly RPs here. Pokemon: Johto Mysteries on the other hand has good potential.

Anyway here's a small question:

What's the usual length of any posts that you post?

On an average my posts are usually 600-700 words but I do post smaller ones now and then.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Welcome Zen Traveller! :D

I prefer to write posts that are 500-800ish when it's a solo post - sometimes longer if there is something specific I am writing about (like a past event) rather than going through the motions of moving my character or reacting to an event. Joint posts tend to be double that (or even more).

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
Welcome to the RP Corner Zen Traveller. As of now I suggest you try one of these two Pokemon RPs here and here . PTA is one of the longest running and the most beginner friendly RPs here. Pokemon: Johto Mysteries on the other hand has good potential.

Anyway here's a small question:

What's the usual length of any posts that you post?

On an average my posts are usually 600-700 words but I do post smaller ones now and then.

Thank you for recommending me to these Threads, I have begun the SU for Johto Mysteries at the moment. :)

Was the post length question directed towards me or an admin?
If it was me, then I'm not one hundred percent sure at the moment what is going to feel comfortable to me, I know I can type and edit for hours on end. Truthfully I think I'm looking at lots of great ideas and lots of great places to go with the character I am creating, so I guess the sky is the limit although I know I need to shorten posts up from a book to a post so it doesn't get overlooked for length. :P

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I prefer to write posts that are 500-800ish when it's a solo post - sometimes longer if there is something specific I am writing about (like a past event) rather than going through the motions of moving my character or reacting to an event. Joint posts tend to be double that (or even more).

Yeah, if I am writing about a battle or something like that then the post is usually much longer. Joint post tend to be somewhere around 1000 to 2000 words.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
9 of the 10 remaining slots in Pokémon: Johto Mysteries have been filled. There's one more slot available for whoever wishes to join ^^
It's going to go to the first person to request it ^^
The only PokéGear left is the Lime one :X

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
If there's still open slots by the time I get the IC of mine up, I'll join yours Gen ^^ I actually looked for gijinkas and all as soon as I saw your RP but then figured I'm a bit too busy to sign up just yet >u<

Oh and due to someone dropping their reservation, Pokemon: Johto Mysteries now has 1 free slot for whoever wants it ^^

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Which reminds me, Sekirei: Wings of Fate finally has some people! If anybody else might be interested please click on the link, we only need 1 or 2 more people before we start.

Everything around here seems more active lately and it's really getting me excited, I'm so happy to see it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, since I'm part of a great RP and now I'm also hosting an RP, I plan on sticking around ^^

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I haven't been as active as I would like, due to homework and my new job, but I'll be sticking around for as long as I can. I probably won't be joining many roleplays, if any at all, next semester, due to the fact that it's my hard semester. But it IS quite nice to have such a crowd.

Years
My mind has been running through some ideas recently and I've got an idea for a Gijinka/PokeMorph RP I'd like to try running. Below is a rough draft of the storyline/setup for it. It ain't got any fancy formatting or CSS (yet) but it has most of the substance. I'd love any feedback on this; whether you like it/would be interested or not, how I could improve it etc.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
My mind has been running through some ideas recently and I've got an idea for a Gijinka/PokeMorph RP I'd like to try running. Below is a rough draft of the storyline/setup for it. It ain't got any fancy formatting or CSS (yet) but it has most of the substance. I'd love any feedback on this; whether you like it/would be interested or not, how I could improve it etc.
Spoiler:
That is, in some ways, quite similar to a draft I have written up some week ago. :p Guess we're interested in the same RP to come up! So I like it.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Vale has two slots open for any Aeromancers and one more slot for a Geomancer, so I'd love it for anyone who is interested in magic oriented stories to check it out. Did I mention there are explosions?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
What is the most emotional post you have written and/or read?
It doesn't have to have been on this forum, but what post has really made you stand back and go "woah".

So far the latest post in Atlantis Awakening is the most emotional post I have written, in terms of the RP it really shows the societal hatred of the Atlantean people. I didn't really intend to write it in such a way, but man, when I read over it, it really made me take a step back.

Skymin's final post to Uprising: Fighting the Pokemon Extermination would be the most emotional I have read. I started following Uprising from about halfway through, didn't participate, but I enjoyed the story. Seeing something come to an end as beautifully as Skymin had done, really gave the sense of a completion.

Tell me PC, what's yours???​

Years
I once played on a site where the characters aged in real time. For two (real) years I played the son of one of the other player's characters. Then, after all that time, some IRL stuff made them have to leave and rather than leave their character to rot they staged one last event that ended in them dying. I'd been rping with this person for two years and this was the mother of a character i'd been playing for two years and gotten very attached to dying; that was pretty emotional for multiple reasons.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
just putting an Idea out there for anyone to use. A Shingeki no Kyojin/ Attack on Titan RP. I think if done right could be very popular.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Notice:

Due to popular demand, I added 7 (yes, SEVEN) new slots to Pokémon: Johto Mysteries

I wasn't gonna use those PokéGears at first, trying to simply limit myself to the ones that weren't specifically made for someone, but I never really expected the RP to be THAT popular and fill up so fast.

So, if you wanted to be part of it but couldn't because it was full, now's your chance!

However.... I won't be waiting for these new 7 slots to fill up. As soon as those that signed up and reserved posts within the first few days from the release of this RP finish their SUs (which should happen by the end of this weekend), I'll get on to posting the IC thread. So, whoever joins now might have to finish by that time, should they wanna be ready once the IC thread is up. Otherwise, people will have to simply catch up, I guess ^^

Years
I'm working on a prequel to Reapers: Keepers of the Balance, there is currently a spot open in The Hoenn Diaries. That's all I've got right now actually o.O

Perhaps look at the library?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back