• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Well now, hold up on the Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade thing for a moment. If you'll recall, you can't use Eevee in Johto on a Water/Fire/Electric challenge because you can't get the required stone until after you've fought the elite four. Same with Poli in a Fighting challenge.

You CAN, but no one's been crazy enough to try it. I chickened out on my Electric challange personally, and didn't use Stones in Johto (because I had to do Gold because of that bleeping Ampharos. I WANT MY SHINY ELECTABUZZ, DAGNABIT! ...sorry, I'm still kind of bitter about that.)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
I just beat blaine with the biggest hax ever. My last Pokémon vs. his last Pokémon.

2khvkx.png

EDIT:

Beaten Giovanni on the second run, with Pidgeotto evolving, now struggling through Victory road.
Made it out with just Kangaskhan still standing, but poisoned.
Lorelei took about eighty tries, but finally went down to Snorlax's self destruct
Bruno's onix fell to Raticate's bubblebeam and the rest went down to Pidgeot.
Agatha's poison types got loled at by Raticate's dig
Got destroyed by Aerodactyl.

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
raekuul, I used an Eevee in my Water challenge for Johto, since the man who gives it gets it fast. I remember, once I wanted to use Jolteon in Crystal. I registered all the nos. for Water/Thunder/Fire Stones givers. Even before I got to the E4, I had 2 water stones and no thunder/fire stones.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
...which doesn't work for the many people playing Crystal... In any case, as long as it's made explicit I don't care what the ruling is.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
I'll just keep Ralts/Kirlia out of gym battles until 'Zam gives the final word. :)

Small update for the fighting challenge - I beat Gardenia's gym with much ease. Charlie (Heracross) started out with an Aerial Ace against Turtwig, who set up a Reflect. Brick Break smahed it (and him) to pieces. Switched to King Louis (Monferno) to beat Cherrim with Flame Wheel. Louis finished off Roserade as well, despite getting paralyzed and hit with several Magical Leaves in response.

Team so far:

Charlie (Heracross)
Spr_4p_214_m.png

Lvl. 21
Swarm
- Brick Break
- Leer
- Horn Attack
- Aerial Ace
This guy is so awesome it hurts. Learning great moves naturally early on like BB and AA make him all kinds of useful. He's been on my team for like a minute and already he's the MVP.

King Louis (Monferno)
Spr_4p_391.png

Lvl. 22
Blaze
- Flame Wheel
- Fury Swipes
- Mach Punch
- Leer
Pretty awesome. I've no complaints

Nicky (Machop)
Spr_4p_066.png

Lvl. 19
Guts
- Rock Smash
- Foresight
- Seismic Toss
- Karate Chop
He's named Nicky because he's Not Ricky (see the Kanto challenge). Take a good look, you won't see him again.

Also, I have resumed by Rock challenge. Last time I updated I had beaten Kanto, so I started on Crystal. Named myself Brock (who is awesome) and my rival Roark (who is not). Chose Chikorita because Meganium or Feraligatr would've been too hard to beat. Caught and Geodude and named it Heavy G (after the LP) and traded a Bellsprout for an Onix. Beat Falkner with ease, he could barely damage me. Caught a new Onix in Union Cave as I didn't want disobedience or a lame nickname. Named the new guy Rokaa. Kicked the Rockets out of Slowpoke Well. Bugsy was easy, sent out Rokaa, Rock Throw x3 = Hive badge. Roark popped up to supply mild annoyance. Heavy G took out the Gastly with Magnitude and Zubat with Rock Throw, despite suffering from major parafusion hax. Rokaa beat Quilava with Mud-Slap/Rock Throw.

Made my way to Goldenrod, avoiding as many trainers as I could to save for later training. Beat Whitney's gym with relative ease. Heavy G 2HKOed Clefairy with Magnitude and Rokaa took out Miltank, who took a while because of bulkiness and Milk Drink - spammed Mud-Slap and Screech, repeated Rock Throws following. Then I went and caught myself a Sudowoodo, naming it "Woody". Awful name, I know, but I couldn't think of anything better. Suggestions are welcome. Avoiding the trainers again, I made my way to Olivine, picked up a Good Rod and fished up a Corsola. Named it "Carol". And here endeth the Pokemon catching, I don't get anything new until Celadon (nor do any of my Pokemon evolve)

Tried out my new Pokemon at the Dance theatre, beating the dancers and getting the Surf HM. Taught it to Carol, and went to the burnt tower. My rival was easy. Gastly was 2HKOed by Rokaa's Mud Slap, Carol Surfed Quilava to death, Sudowoodo crushed Zubat with Rock Throw and Rokaa returned to OHKO Magnemite. Morty wasn't a massive challenge either. Corsola OHKOed Gastly with Surf, then 2HKOed Haunter, surviving with just 1HP. Sudowoodo came in against Gengar. Hypnosis missed, I mimiced and put him to sleep. Then 3HKOed him with Rock Throw. Rokaa came in to face the second Haunter. Disappointngly, he got it down to the red but got KOed, so Woody had to finish off the job.

Rokaa (Onix)
Spr_2c_095.gif

Lvl. 23
- Rock Throw
- Screech
- Mud-Slap
- Headbutt
Decent enough, but I'm finding his attack power to be rather sub-standard. I may turn him into a staller but he has too many weaknesses for that.

Woody (Sudowoodo)
Spr_2c_185.gif

Lvl. 23
- Rock Throw
- Mimic
- Low Kick
- Flail
Unlike Rokaa, his attack power is quite impressive. Only problem is the nickname.

Carol (Corsola)
Spr_2c_222.gif

Lvl. 23
- Tackle
- Harden
- Surf
- Recover
A good Pokemon with a terrible moveset. If I'm up against something that resists water, I have Tackle as my only option.

Heavy G (Geodude)
Spr_2c_074.gif

Lvl. 21
- Magnitude
- Rock Throw
- Defense Curl
- Self-destruct
This'll be the last you see of this guy too. Shame, he was growing on me, but I don't like re-using Pokemon so out the door he goes.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
weird, i thought i updated.

short update:

caught myself a magikarp and forgot to name it. oh well, it doesn't deserve a name.
if i hadn't beaten mars yet, i did (i forgot if i beat her before or after i caught magikarp, and before or after the update).
attempted to do some very heavy magikarp grinding, and to try to evolve him so he could neutralize his weakness to grass.
went to the eterna forest.
gave up grinding magikarp at level 14
somehow, i don't know how exactly, i managed to beat gardenia. i ended with my last pokemon at 5 HP and paralyzed. I don't think paralysis effected me once.
saved and called it a day.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
New Update =D

Defeated Aqua Grunt to save Peeko
Got DEVON GOODS back
Got POKÉNAV
Got 2 errands to run
Delivered LETTER to Steven
Grinding for Brawly
Defeated Brawly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV4ZJlP3xAA
Gave Cp. Stern the DEVON GOODS and took Aqua down, again
Searching for a Oddish

Team:

Okeco M @ Miracle Seed
Spr_3e_253.gif

Lv 21
-Pound
-Pursuit
-Absorb
-Quick Attack

Argaw F @ Silk Scarf
Spr_3e_271.gif

Lv 21
-Fake Out
-Growl
-Absorb
-Nature Power

Moleb M
Spr_3e_285.gif

Lv 21
-Mega Drain
-Tackle
-Stun Spore
-Leech Seed

Update

Update #:7
Game: Crystal
Badges:16

(I thought I'd let you guys know I'm using an emulator for this part, and acceralting the speed help me get through this really fast.)

Evee Finally evovled. (About 5 minutes after I said he was a pain...)
I level grinded a bit.
Defeated Gold
Attacked Will, my Psychic Rival, though he went down pretty easy.
Koga, Being entirely poison, was wiped out
same with Bruno, the fighting maniac.
Then Karen Came along, wiping me out several times.
I reloaded, then took avantage of Houndoom second type, and surfed him out of the way with slowbro.
Managed to beat lance.
Let the credits roll.
Got on the S.S Aqua.
Beat all the trainers and arrived in Vermillion.
Went through all the towns so I can fly to each later.
Began beating the gyms.
Took down everyone with ease....Except blue, my former self's rival. (I named my Kanto self 'Red' and rival 'blue' to correspond to this.)
Got trashed once.
Got back up and tried again, switching around the order and emerging triumphant.
Got permission to go to mount Silver.
Found my way to pokemon center.
found way to Red, my former self.
trained a little , then attacked again, then died.
repeated that cycle 5 or 6 times.
Am still level grinding.

Party at Save.

Totem-Bird.-Xatu
Confuse ray
future sight
Night shade
Fly

Kadabra
Pyschic
Future Sight
Shadow Ball
Recover

Brain-Dead -Slowbro
Psychic
Headbutt
Strength
Surf

Psy-Kitty -Espeon
Psychic
Morning Sun (I didn't even know this move existed...)
Bite
Iron Tail(Ya never know...)

Nightmare (Gotta love this guy...) Hypno
Psychic(I guess this move is Standard, huh?)
Hypnosis (Helps more than you know...)
Pysch up
Headbutt

Baby -Togepi, Lvl. 5
Growl
Charm
Flash

(Needed it to get around Silver Cave, and none of my other pokemon could learn it.)

All of my Mains are currently at lvl. 55

Edit: I leveled them up to 60, and finally(after about 15 tries) I beat Red. I will be starting with emerald soon.

Generation 3 is the only Generation I have never played or owned.So this will be a new experieince for me.

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
I'm finally done with my Silver game.
I beat Red this morning with that team:

Jumpluff - King's Rock - Lv 61
- Leech Seed
- Swagger
- Toxic
- Headbutt

Parasect - Quick Claw - Lv 62
- Leech Life
- Spore
- Slash
- Dig

Vileplume - Miracle Seed - Lv 62
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Acid
- Flash

Victreecel - Poison Barb - Lv 62
- Razor Leaf
- Sludge Bomb
- Cut
- Stun Spore

Meganium - Leftovers - Lv 69
- Strength
- Earthquake
- Razor Leaf
- Iron Tail

Now, I'm starting my Sapphire version.
- I choose Treecko as starter
- I catch Lotad
- I catch Shroomish

My team:
Shroomish - Lv 7
- Absorb
- Tackle
- Stun Spore

Lotad - Lv 7
- Atonish
- Growl
- Absorb

Treecko - Lv 8
- Pound
- Leer
- Absorb

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Heavy G (Geodude)
Spr_2c_074.gif

Lvl. 21
- Magnitude
- Rock Throw
- Defense Curl
- Self-destruct
This'll be the last you see of this guy too. Shame, he was growing on me, but I don't like re-using Pokemon so out the door he goes.

BAH! Heavy G was just to awesome for you, I think! ADMIT IT! I mean, he almost beat Gatorface one on one! (Although it took Repiv to kill it, but Repiv's a beast in every sence of the world.)

And if you don't want to use Kirlia (Which I wouldn't do because of the stats, not because of item lateness), then why not Medicham?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
BAH! Heavy G was just to awesome for you, I think! ADMIT IT! I mean, he almost beat Gatorface one on one! (Although it took Repiv to kill it, but Repiv's a beast in every sence of the world.)

True, I am just not cool enough for Heavy G. I'm only cool enough for Woody, and he's a nerd.

Hang on - wasn't Repiv in the Emerald LP and Heavy G in the Crystal? How did they fight together?

And if you don't want to use Kirlia (Which I wouldn't do because of the stats, not because of item lateness), then why not Medicham?

I'm definitely using Kirlia/Gallade. I like using Pokemon I've never used before, and I used Medicham in Hoenn. Plus, Medicham's kinda ugly, while Gallade is badass. And he learns Night Slash and Leaf Blade.

For the record, I've already caught a male Ralts (unfortunately with Trace) and evolved it into Kirlia. Name is "Blade".

Bug Maniac

Jolteon Master
Years
Can i do a Bug momotype challenge plez im going to play Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Pearl.

Started Yellow:
Named myself Buggy and Gary Gary
Got Pika from Oak
Got parcel for oak
Got Caterpie from home (Varidian Forest)
Vsed Gary and won(Caterpie Evolved)
Got through Varidian Forest(Metapod evolved)
Made it Pewter City
Vsed Brock(won)
Saved Game

Pokemon:
Butterfree lvl 13

Moves:
Tackle
Harden
String Shot
Confusion

Last edited:

dalaniir

Arcanine Trainer
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
I would like to do a fighting mono type challenge. Starting with yellow, here's my planned team so far

Primeape

Machamp

Hitmonlee

Hitmonchan

and an hm slave. probably gonna do bulbasaur.

and thats it

dalaniir

Arcanine Trainer
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
got two badges with my fighting type, realized i want more of a challenge, so im gonna switch to poison type.

i quickly went threw to viridian city with pikachu, ran back to oak went back bought pokeballs caught female nidoran named it da queen caught male nidoran named it, you guessed it, da king. then i traded a weedle from my old red version onto yellow since you cant get one in yellow without trading. went threw viridian forest completely owning everyone with horn attack got to pewter grinded all my pokemon to fifteen my weedle evolve to kakuna then to beedrill went to brock owned him with just da queen spamming double kick owned everyone in between pewter city and mt moon went threw my moon got both the moon stones evolved da queen and da king to nidoking and nidoqueen went to cerulean city got pikachu out of pc grinded him to fifteen to make him happy to get bulbasaur grinded bulbasaur to fourteen beat misty and her lackings with just bulbasaur at fourteen he evolved to venusaur went to nugget bridge owned sonny(my rival) owned everyone on nugget bridge got to the team rocket dude screamed yes at my game when he asked if i wanted to join team rocket but of course red didnt listen owned him got charmander then boxed him for novelty went to the right owned everyone with da drill(beedrill) saved bill went back to town got the tm dig by beating the team rocket grunt went and deposited charmander in day care (for novelty purposes) went to vermilion city straight to ss anne owned everyone there including my rival left with cut and got an hm slave then saved to take a break.

current team:
Da King/ Nidoking

dpmfa034.png

Level 26
Type:Poison/ground
Moveset:
Trash
Tackle
Horn Attack
Double Kick

Da Queen/ Nidoqueen

031.png

Level 24
Type:Poison/Ground
Moveset:
Body slam
Tackle
Scratch
Double Kick

Da Bulb/ Ivysaur

Spr_4h_002.png

Level 22
Type:Grass/Poison
Moveset:
Tackle
Poisonpowder
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

Da Drill/ Beedrill

Spr_4h_015.png

Level 23
Type:Bug/poison
Moveset:
Poison Sting
Twineedle
Fury Attack
Focus Energy

Last edited:

Bug Maniac

Jolteon Master
Years
Update:
Took off for Bills house

Vsed Gary(won)
Got Fame Checker from Gary(oh wait that gen 3)
Vsed all tariner on the way to Bills house(Paras evolved)
Made it to Bills house and got SS Ticket

Put pika in daycare on the way to Vermilion
Made it to Vermilion City
Vsed Gary(won)
Got cut From Captain
Vsed LT. Smash i mean Surge(won)

Saved Game

Pokemon:
Butterfree lvl 30

Moves:
Gust
Tackle
Confusion
Harden

Parasect lvl 27

Moves:
Stun Spore
Scratch

Leech Life

dalaniir

Arcanine Trainer
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
well i figure its time for another update.
so i challenged Lt. surge and owned him with just da bulb. then i went back up to cerulean went threw rock tunnel went to the pokemon graveyard thing owned sonny went back down then went to celadon city quickly blazed threw team rockets base got silph scope owned the celadon gym went back to the graveyard caught gastly grinded it to a haunter cleared out all those annoying channelers beat marowak then team rocket got the flute. then i traded my haunter to my red and traded it right back merely for evolution purposes. went south of lavender cleared those annoying docks defeated snorlax cleared out the rest of the docks beat those stupid bird catchers and others got to fushia city went and got surf in the safari zone then went and beat the gym leader went up the cycling road cleared out all the trainers got fly and thats where i am now.

Current Team:

Da King/ Nidoking

Spr_4h_034.png

Level: 39
Type:Poison/ground
Moveset:
Trash
Horn Drill
Horn Attack
Double Kick

Da Queen/ Nidoqueen

Spr_3e_031.gif

Level: 38
Type:Poison/Ground
Moveset:
Body slam
Thunderbolt
Double-Edge
Double Kick

Da Bulb/ Venusaur

Spr_4h_003_m.png

Level: 40
Type:Grass/Poison
Moveset:
Razor Leaf
Poisonpowder
Leech Seed
Mega Drain

Da Drill/ Beedrill

Spr_4h_015.png

Level:40
Type:Bug/poison
Moveset:
Toxic
Twineedle
Fury Attack
Pin Missile

And My Newest Member:
Da Ghost/ Gengar

Spr_3e_094.gif

Level:41
Type:Ghost/poison
Moveset:
Dream Eater
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Hypnosis

Bug Maniac

Jolteon Master
Years
Quick Update:
Made it to Lavender Town, Celadon City, Fuchisa City, Saffron City and Cinnabar Island.
Bet Team Rocket in Base, Ghost Tower and Silph Co.
Bet Gary in Ghost Tower and Silph Co.
Bet Most Trainers around.
Bet Leaders Koga, Sabrina and Fighting Dojo.
Saved Game just made it to Cinnabar Island.

Pokemon:
Butterfree lvl

Moves:
Gust
Psybeam
Confusion
Tackle

Parasect lvl

Moves:
Slash
Leech Life
Stun Spore
Spore

Update:
Completed Yellow
Now onto Crystal.

Last edited:

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
Years
Daaaaaaaamn… I haven't posted in a while :P… Oops

Anyways, I actually completely disregarded keeping track of what I was doing (since most of my progress was on a car ride :\), but the only things worth noting besides the storyline were:

• Gave all my money to mom
  • Beat some random dude
  • Mom bought Moon Stone
  • I evolved my baby :3
  • Got all my money from mom :P

I vaguely remember my Gym Fights, but my Elite Four challenge went like this:

VS Will
Spoiler:

VS Koga
Spoiler:

VS Bruno
Spoiler:

VS Karen
Spoiler:

VS Pokémon Champion Lance

Spoiler:

Current Team/Badges/Post-Elite Four thoughts: (8/8)

gbg034.gif

Nidoking | :L43 @ King's Rock (he's the king)
~ Ice Punch
~ Earthquake
~ Horn Attack
~ Double Kick
Probably MVP and if not second best, Nidoking and Haunter got me out of a lot of trouble and they teamed up incredible to take out Lance

gbg070.gif

Weepinbell | :L41 @ Poison Barb
~ Razor Leaf
~ Growth
~ Acid
~ Sleep Powder
Probably the LVP, although Weepinbell did help out a lot so far, he was really not that useful against the Elite Four :\

gbg093.gif

Haunter | :L43 @ ---
~ Hypnosis
~ Shadow Ball
~ Dream Eater
~ Curse
Along with Nidoking I'm gonna name this guy co-MVP due to his crazy Special that let him recover over and over using Dream Eater :)

gbg169.gif

Crobat | :L42 @ ---
~ Leech Life
~ Wing Attack
~ Bite
~ Confuse Ray
Golbat frustrated me SO MUCH when I was trying to evolve him, but having Crobat is SO worth it :) I'm super happy I decided to dedicate him the time I did

And now, ON TO KANTO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back