• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I would like to make my own game, but every time i try a map editing program it is all messed up. On the side of the program where all the pieces you can place on the map are it is all jumbled up and really hard to work with. Does anyone know how to fix this so it is more organized and has all the right parts?
progress.gif
http://www.pokecommunity.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=4812117http://www.pokecommunity.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=4812117

Its like that. You're using A-Map right? well the jumbeled up tiles are supposed to be like that. I think you should read a mapping tutorial like in the documents and tutorials section

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
No... after you insert it somewhere else, you just need to delete the *.spr and *.pal files and reload the ROM into unLZ. You'll find the image just like the others, except it won't be at the same place of course.

Yes, I know it won't be in the same place, but let's say that the sprite I want to insert is a trainer. How would I get the trainers pic into A-trainer? Can it search for pictures? Because I know that there is room for extra Pokemon pictures, but I don't know if the same is true for trainers.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2023
I tried editing other sprites and iot didnt worki thinka-map justcant edit sprites in 1`.92?

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Ok, I'm annoyed. Is there any Pokemon cry editer besides Poke Cry GUI, one that won't make Trend Micro delete the progam?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ok, I'm annoyed. Is there any Pokemon cry editer besides Poke Cry GUI, one that won't make Trend Micro delete the progam?

Nope, as of yet, there are no other cry editors. Your best bet is to put the file in a .rar folder, and re-extract it every time it is deleted, so you don't have to keep re-downloading.
If it still deletes it in the .rar folder, try keeping it on a flash drive.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
Quick question here.
I was an idiot and accidently deleated all my tools and I don't want to download them all again . So my question is this:
What tools are absolutly nessesary for a hack? I have A-map, A-starter, XSE, UnlZ GBA, Lunar IPS, OWE and Free space finder. Is there any more I really need?

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Nope, as of yet, there are no other cry editors. Your best bet is to put the file in a .rar folder, and re-extract it every time it is deleted, so you don't have to keep re-downloading.
If it still deletes it in the .rar folder, try keeping it on a flash drive.

Nope, that didn't work either. (Tried on a USB stick.) I hate Trend Micro right now, I move the file out of quarantine and it don't restore, it's so annoying.

It is a false postitive, right?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Nope, that didn't work either. (Tried on a USB stick.) I hate Trend Micro right now, I move the file out of quarantine and it don't restore, it's so annoying.

It is a false postitive, right?

Wait, your irus scanner is installed on your PC? I was thinking you used the internet one...
Dunno how to help ya then...

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I started to learn about editing tiles,I wanted to insert the lab for HG\SS in the tilset this is my result:
161i5o1.jpg
I don't know if it's good or bad...
however when I open the map with those tiles I can't see the lab -____-

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2010
How do I edit the graphics? I've searched all the possible results but none of them are graphics related.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 5, 2009
In unLZ-GBA, when ever I try to change May's sprite, it always ends up in the wrong color. I am supposed to use Shiny Medicham's colors, so I type in 931 for the palette. However, when I play the game, the colors are May's normal colors. Why is this happening? I am using Ruby Version for this.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2011
I have quite a weird glitch.

whenever my character walks upwards an aroow appears as if I was entering a cave?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I have quite a weird glitch.

whenever my character walks upwards an aroow appears as if I was entering a cave?

The tiles you used are them "Warp" tiles without the warp. Use a different tile, or turn it off for that tile in Advance Map's Block Editor, but that will ruin other things possibly.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
You never, really never have to disable that option. Instead, you have to repoint the image you want to insert somewhere else by finding a free space area and putting the offset you found in the Image Offset when importing it into unLZ, making sure to have "Automatically fix pointers" enabled. To fix your screwed up ROM, see my tutorial in the Documents and Tutorial section, HackMew's Knowledge. The link is in my sig.

I'm sorry, my ROM was not fixed when I tried your method. I've done it before but it did not work this time. I think it's because I made two changes to mess up the ROM? The first was inserting the new steven's sprite over wallys, then inserting the new steven's sprite over stevens :/

I don't care if I have to restart, but I do have a question: Can A-trainer find a new trainer sprite? If I put it in a different offset, is there a way for A-trainer to recognize it, or possibly search for it? I would give it the offset, and it would find the image.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2011
I have another question, you know in firered when you enter a cave/forest? Well I changed Viridian Forest to a cave. How do I stop it showing the picture of the forest?

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
On Overworld editor RE, there's only 3 slots for each moving bit: the standing, and the moving one leg then moving the other. is there a way to extend that to 4? It would be appreciated if someone could help me with this.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I'm sorry, my ROM was not fixed when I tried your method. I've done it before but it did not work this time. I think it's because I made two changes to mess up the ROM? The first was inserting the new steven's sprite over wallys, then inserting the new steven's sprite over stevens :/

I don't care if I have to restart, but I do have a question: Can A-trainer find a new trainer sprite? If I put it in a different offset, is there a way for A-trainer to recognize it, or possibly search for it? I would give it the offset, and it would find the image.

Yes, A-Trainer should recognize it without problems.

I have another question, you know in firered when you enter a cave/forest? Well I changed Viridian Forest to a cave. How do I stop it showing the picture of the forest?

Yeah, sure. Just change "Show name on enter" thingy in the Header tab.

On Overworld editor RE, there's only 3 slots for each moving bit: the standing, and the moving one leg then moving the other. is there a way to extend that to 4? It would be appreciated if someone could help me with this.

Why would you want a 4th one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back