• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Mid2agbGUI

eperty234

Backsprite Noob
Years
What is Mid2agb?
It's a console program that allows you to convert .mid files into .s, allowing you to replace existing "songs" in a Pokemon game using Sappy.

What's the difference between the original and this one?
This makes it easier for you to convert mid to a Sappy compatible music file. How? I made a GUI. Simple as that. :P Although this relies on the original mid2agb console program in order to function properly.

Features
  • Easy to use
  • Preview your .mid before actually converting them giving you the opportunity to fix any weird sounds if any
  • Basic and user friendly user interface
  • Supports Windows Vista, 7, 8 and probably XP as well
  • Switch between the console and GUI version if you want
  • Loop soundtracks

Supported games?
  • Pokemon firered, leafgreen, emerald, sapphire and ruby

Requirements
.Net framework 4 (Windows 8 has it pre-installed)

Notes
I made this program to make my and hopefully your life easier by simply adding a simple user interface to the original mid2agb application. If you don't like the GUI, you can always switch back to the original. That is completely optional and up to you! ;)

Your s file will be in the same destination as your mid file.

Instructions for the looping part (Manually adding it)
Spoiler:

Download
Code:
https://github.com/Eperty123/Mid2agbGUI/releases

Last edited:

xGal

Mhm
Years
Well, that's something new! It sounds really good, i will make sure to try this out as soon I get on my computer :). I wonder why nobody has commented yet lol.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Interesting tool idea. I don't exactly need this, but I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that'd like to use this a lot. Good job. ^^

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
While I see this as a good tool, it's honestly not that difficult to drag a file on top of an executable. In fact, it's so easy it's kinda pointless to have to wait for a GUI to do it since you can just click+drag and be done. Nevertheless, it's good to see people making more tools. Just as a suggestion, if you're doing a .NET app, always target the lowest version possible. That way it makes it easier for Mono users. Obviously this wouldn't work very well on non-Windows platforms since it involves an external EXE but in case you do other tools, lower .NET targeting is better.

eperty234

Backsprite Noob
Years
While I see this as a good tool, it's honestly not that difficult to drag a file on top of an executable. In fact, it's so easy it's kinda pointless to have to wait for a GUI to do it since you can just click+drag and be done. Nevertheless, it's good to see people making more tools. Just as a suggestion, if you're doing a .NET app, always target the lowest version possible. That way it makes it easier for Mono users. Obviously this wouldn't work very well on non-Windows platforms since it involves an external EXE but in case you do other tools, lower .NET targeting is better.
Oh! Damn.. my fault. I was so focused on the progamming part that I forgot about that. Thank you very much for the suggestion. I'll update the GUI as soon as possible.

And as for the dragging part. Yea. I honestly do agree, but if you tend to have thousands of windows open, then keep closing or finding the right window will frustate you. :P

I couldn't any GUI for the original mid2agb, so I took the opportunity to create one.

As for everyone's posts:
Thank you. I appreciate your kind words! ^^

EDIT:
Lowered framework compatibliity for older Windows versions. (XP)

Last edited:
Years
when i click make sappy able,it shows me this
Spoiler:

what do i do?

Last edited:

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
Why make a loop function? mid2agb already has an inbilt function itself. Just use the [ ] marker events in your Midi editor to loop the song.

Some other suggestions: I'd add the possibility to use certain mid2agb arguments to tweak the s-file. I mena stuff like "-Vxxx" (xxx is the master volume level) or "-E" to increase note length accuracy.

eperty234

Backsprite Noob
Years
I'm sure eperty will add that soon. :)

It would be interesting to port mid2agb itself onto different platforms though.

Don't worry. I will certainly! ;)
I'll update the GUI ASAP! Stay tuned till then. ^^
Also, for the porting part: If anyone is able to help, then that will do the trick.

Nice. But Looping do not work on it.
You're completely right, Ksiazek. I haven't implemented that yet. I don't know why though, but it will be soon.

Meybe some advantage for your project. Making that for NDS roms? It make easier romhacking.
I was wondering. Does the original author provide the actual source for mid2agb?

when i click make sappy able,it shows me this
Spoiler:

what do i do?
There is something wrong with your .mid file. :3

Last edited:

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
eperty234 said:
I was wondering. Does the original author provide the actual source for mid2agb?
Ehm, no. Mid2agb is a program by Nintendo (it is part from their SDK) and therefore we'll never be able to see the source.

Years
is there a way to fix this?
Spoiler:

Back