• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
There's no fancy presentaion, deal with it.

dviolet.png

BETA 1 RELEASED!!!!!!

What is Pokémon Saga? It's a series of hacks that I'm making to create a perfect game for every region. There's going to be 4 hacks, and they will be named DarkViolet, Jade, HeartGold, and Platinum, and they'll take place in the Kanto, Hoenn, Johto (and later Kanto), and Sinnoh regions.

This is DarkViolet, and it takes place in the Kanto region. Basically, it follows the plotline of Pokémon Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen, which is why I'm not going to bother explaining the plot because I'm sure you already know what it is. Believe it or not, I've had this whole "Pokemon Saga" concept for quite a while, but I've had to restart a few times due to glitches or me not being able to decide how I'm going to do this. Remember, "Pokemon ShadowAmethyst" and "Pokemon Saga - Adventure"? Yeah, this is basically the same thing. Back when this was called ShadowAmethyst, the graphical style was kinda weird looking... it was R/S/E overworlds mixed with HG/SS tiles. Bleh. But I've thought things over, and I've decided to use FR/LG tiles. When I start working on "Pokemon Saga - Emerald", I will also use FR/LG style graphics.

FR/LG's Kanto is pretty inconsistent with HG/SS's Kanto, so I'm re-creating HG/SS's Kanto as if it was 3 years earlier. Before I didn't know how to do this, but now I've finally come up with a final solution: Use FR/LG style graphics. What I was doing before was a complete mess (check my previous thread), but now everything seems to be going alright. To help see what I'm planning, look at this thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222201

In simple words: This is basically FR/LG with all the goodiness of Emerald, plus Kanto is re-mapped with HG/SS in mind.​

Hack of: Pokémon Emerald

Features
*FR/LG style graphics, but with HG/SS architectural design
*All Gym Leaders have new teams (except Brock)
*All Elite Four members have new teams
*Kanto music in it's original key
*The Team Rocket plot is slightly expanded. You can expect to see what Archer and Arianna were doing 3 years before HG/SS.
*Sevii Islands, w00t!
*Kanto Dex expanded 200 Pokemon. Or at least, that's what I would like to do, but I'm still figuring out how to hack the R/S Pokedex while leaving the National one alone.
*200 Pokemon are obtainable before the Elite Four. Once you beat the Elite Four, 386 Pokemon are obtainable. The majority of the Pokemon that can't be found in the wild can be obtained from a special Gift Shop.
*De-capitalization, in the style of the 4th Gen games (that means Pokemon names are still in CAPS)
*Some of the R/B/FR/LG dialogue is kind of odd... so they might get changed around a little bit
*Optional battles with your pseudo-rival, Red/Green. They'll have the starter that is weak to yours, while Blue has the starter that has the advantage over yours. Say, if you're playing as Red and you picked Charmander, then Blue will have Squirtle, and Green will have Bulbasaur.
*Battle Frontier, located on one of the Sevii Islands... haven't decided which one yet XD!
*I don't care about nostalgia. Therefore, I will do my best to make this game actually seem like a modern Pokemon game.
*SCREW NOSTALGIA!!!!
*Some more stuff... whatever

Alpha Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Beta 1 screenshots:
Spoiler:

*You will not obtain a Lv69 Charmander from Prof. Oak.

Beta 2 screenshots:
Spoiler:

As you can see in some of the screenshots, I'm trying to make it look as if that's what HG/SS's Kanto was 3 years before the events of HG/SS. For instance, Oak does not have a carpet in his lab, because he got a carpet installed during the 3 years between Gen III and Gen IV :D.

Programs I've used (List may be outdated. Not that I actually care):
* AdvanceMap
* Advance Palette Editor
* A-Trainer
* Door Manager
* Gold Finger Hex Editor
* Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition
* unLZ.gba - HackMew's version
* VisualBoyAdvance
* eXtreme Script Editor
* Sappy 2005
* Free Space Finder
* Tile Molester Alternate
* Paint
* Pointer calculator

Glitches:
*One of the students in the Viridian Trainer School has glitchy text... will fix this for Beta 1.1
*Brock's intro text has some missing letters towards the end... will fix this for Beta 2

Oddities:
*When Daisy gives you the Running Shoes and Town Map, it plays the Battle Frontier jingle
*If you're playing as a girl, Red will force you into a battle on Route 4 even though it's supposed to be optional... don't know how I screwed that up, but it will be fixed for Beta 2

Videos:

The Alpha goes up to Route 1... and that's pretty much it. Here's the credits:
*Me, of course.
*Everyone who made those tools
*Giradialkia - Never stopped giving me feedback, and gave me useful patches so I don't have to insert new OWs. And he recently fixed a custom song.
*The author of Pokemon CrystalShards - I forgot his name, but since his hack used FR/LG tiles on an Emerald base, I looked at his hack as a reference when inserting new tiles.
*ZodiacDaGreat - Since he's also working on a Ruby hack with FR/LG tiles, I copied some of the tile animations in TileMolester :P.
*Dragonfree - For letting me use her Mewtwo sprite that I plan on implementing into the titlescreen in the future

Also, for those who don't like .ips files, here's an .aps file for Beta 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u7y3s4cyw4b3h10

Click here to see a map of Beta 1

PLEASE DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT DOOR ANIMATIONS BECAUSE ALL OF THEM HAS ALREADY BEEN CHANGED FOR BETA 2.

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This is a very good-looking hack :)
Are the four latest screenshots from "Battle Frontier" ?

Also,
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
This is a very good-looking hack :)
Are the four latest screenshots from "Battle Frontier" ?

Also,
Spoiler:
Yes, the last four screenshots are used just to show off the fully inserted FR/LG sprites.

Years
Just played the Alpha, and it was great. I absolutely love the way the tiles blend, it's very nicely done. There were a few little errors, as you'll see in the attached images (SO AWESOME I can actually do that now), but it's only an Alpha, so it's early days. I'll be sure to keep giving feedback, lol.

Oh, yes- the sprites are brilliant, seriously. Not saying that because I did some (like, six), but really, they work out so well. I'll be keeping an eye on this, as I'm sure you know. Good luck, dude!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
WooHoo :D

It's finally back

I've noticed the name has changed alot
Didnt it use to be Shadow Amyethest

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Very good, hope this gets finished and I can play this on my Wii!

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
What are you going to do with the second Pokemon saga game, there's very little you can change with Emerald, it's basically perfect the way it is.......

Either way, I like this hack, it's kinda like what I actually had in mind for FR/LG (because they were too much like the original R/B/Y while HG/SS had some major changes, making it feel more like a whole new game rather than a remake)

Also, will all 151 pokemon be available?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
What are you going to do with the second Pokemon saga game, there's very little you can change with Emerald, it's basically perfect the way it is.......

Either way, I like this hack, it's kinda like what I actually had in mind for FR/LG (because they were too much like the original R/B/Y while HG/SS had some major changes, making it feel more like a whole new game rather than a remake)

Also, will all 151 pokemon be available?
This is what I'm going to do with, "Pokemon Saga - Emerald":
*Make Wally your full time rival
*Brendan/May is no longer your rival, but now a pseudo rival, similar to Dawn/Lucas/Lyra/Ethan in D/P/Pt/HG/SS
*Completely redo the graphics
*Fix up Gym Leader teams
*Add a small sidequest after E4, and after completing it the E4 will get higher levels, just like in FR/LG/Platinum/HG/SS
*Completely re-work scripts near the beginning since Brendan/May is no longer your rival
*Your first Pokemon battle will be with Wally
*Fix some incorrect dialogue
*Completely redo the Magma & Aqua Admin teams, since they're really weak
*Add Magma Admin Courtney, who was present in Pokemon Ruby but for some reason removed in Pokemon Emerald, even though Aqua Admins Shelly and Matt both appeared in Emerald
*Insert an earlier battle with Archie
*Redo Archie and Maxie's teams since they're kinda weak
*I might make Steven the Champion like in R/S, because when he says he's the Hoenn Champion in HG/SS even though Wallace is supposed to be the Hoenn Champion. This would also mean I might kill Juan and make Wallace the 8th Gym Leader.
*Add a place in the Battle Frontier called, "Violet Giftshop"

And yes, in DarkViolet, there will actually be 386 Pokemon available. I'm going to add a place called "Emerald Giftshop" in the Battle Frontier, where you could "buy" a bunch of Hoenn Pokemon. In my future Emerald hack, I'm going to add a place called, "Violet Giftshop" in the Battle Frontier where you could "buy" a bunch of Kanto Pokemon.

And for DarkViolet, if I can ever figure out how to hack the regional dex without hacking the national dex, then there will be a new Kanto dex with 201 Pokemon.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this earlier, but here's Viridian City:
38503640.png
53038686.png
85234850.png

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
i gotta find out how to animate the sprites like that! glad this hack is back dude, i hope you finish
Uhh... This is an Emerald hack, Chaos Rush didn't do anything to animate the sprites. Although he did insert totally new graphics for everything, which makes the hack so much enjoyable~

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Uhh... This is an Emerald hack, Chaos Rush didn't do anything to animate the sprites. Although he did insert totally new graphics for everything, which makes the hack so much enjoyable~
I know that the only sprites you can see in the alpha are Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Rattata, and Pidgey, but if you wanna see more, just change the Pokemon that appear in Route 1 with AdvanceMap. Or better yet, just edit one of the warp connections to take you straight to the Battle Frontier.

ALL 151 sprites are already in the alpha.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Just a post detailing my opinion, but you should make the opposite gender your rival in this game. If it's Red, make him be unable to speak, but cruel, if Blue, then make her be... kind of like Lyra, actually.

Years
Looks interesting, like Heart Gold in a more Fire Red style. Like Pokemon Heart Gold, will items, trainer classes, etc. be decapitalized? I seen in an image that Viridian City's name was decapitalized.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Boringest trees out of every hack ive seen. try using the original hgss tree tiles that are squished down into 6 tiles.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Looks interesting, like Heart Gold in a more Fire Red style. Like Pokemon Heart Gold, will items, trainer classes, etc. be decapitalized? I seen in an image that Viridian City's name was decapitalized.
Yes, everything has already been decapitalized.

Boringest trees out of every hack ive seen. try using the original hgss tree tiles that are squished down into 6 tiles.
Sorry, I'm not changing something that I'm fine with, just because some random guy on the internet doesn't like them.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I expect too much from this game. :\

Day/Night System Implemented?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back