• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hi,

I have some questions about egg.

I catched Joltik (but I only find joltik with Unnerve) If I put a couple in the breeding house; could I receive a joltik with Compoundeyes ?Or the special capacity is hereditary?

Tic has no gender so, can I obtain an Egg ?Or is he compared to the legendary ?(I want a better nature).

Thanks for your answer.

If you breed a male and female Joltik with Unnerve there is still a 50% chance that the offspring will have the ability Compoundeyes. Joltik have 50/50 gender ratio of male and female btw. For a better nature you could breed a female Joltik with another male Pokémon in the bug egg group or a Ditto with the nature you desire holding an Everstone which gives an increased chance of the nature being passed down. The female Joltik could also be the one with the good nature and everstone.

Years
Relocation

Hi

So I'm not sure where to post this, since it's a B&W and a B2&W2 related question.

I'm just curious how moving my existing Pokemon on Black , to Black2 will work ?

I'm very new to the DS experience, and got myself a DS, and a Pokemon Black game a few months ago.
I've played the previous versions of Pokemon on the PC, so I've never traded or relocated before.

I am planning to get Black2 as soon as I can get it.

So how exactly does the whole relocation system work ?
• Is there an easy way to just relocate my Pokemon from Black to Black2
• Do I need to put my cartridge in another DS (let's say a friend's DS) and physically trade each and every single Pokemon ?
• And when can I move my Pokemon ? Only after I beat the ELITE 4 on black2 ? or can i just trade after I get to the first town ?

How exactly does this work ?

Thank you so much :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm not sure the proper forum either, but as it pertains to moving Pokémon from the game in this forum this could really go in both places.

As for relocating them, you can trade between both games as in any generation using two DS systems or with a friend's help trading. The only thing I do NOT know is whether you have to have the National Dex in B2/W2 before you can trade with those games. If so, then once you beat the E4 once, you can import everything as in any same-generation games. (It would also spoil my importing of a Shiny Nincada from Emerald to train alongside me in the game storyline.)

There is a benefit to trading into B2/W2 as well, as some legendaries (most notably Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus) gain second Formes in B2/W2 that look more...animalistic. Genesect is also a giveaway in B2/W2, but none is listed for B/W though you CAN trade it back into B/W and collect Plates from the P2 Lab workers. This is one of the reasons I'm collecting W2 instead of B2 since I want to be able to get the opposite Plates (the four are split between B/W), but I might end up getting White specifically to facilitate trading into B2, and would be using borrowed Pokémon to complete the story to speed things along.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
Hi,

Thanks for your help vapereon7. I'll do some egg to obtain the good capacity ;).

Another thing. I obtained FLY or FLIGHT HM (excuse me but I have the french version and I don't know the English name of this HM during this post, I'll use "Flight" 'cause it seems more correct).

So, I took the sky plate (I think a bird can always learn fly/flight). But when I tried to learn to archen, I couldn't. But I didn't know this evolve could so, once I saw he couldn't learn flight, I put him in pc and don't level.

As I had to cross (not sure about cross) the cave (I don't know its English name this is the one with joltik);

I thought that it was useless to return to look for a bird because in the city of the airport, there is in herbs. (By not finding, I have make a search and I saw on one web site, that they do not appear in winter; exactly the high season in which I'm).

Thus, I say myself too bad, I don't turn back (cross again the joltik cave) I continue towards the city of snow and I would be lucky to capture Druddigon. (I thought of teaching him Flight the time to go to look for the pokemon bug / Fire (Volcarona on road 18) AND the time also to return to look after the stone of my legendary).

Druddigon can't learn Flight... What's strong all the same, by knowing that it has wings (and that it's rather massive). On the other hand, by making a search on the pokemon who can have Flight as attack, I fall on a "impressive" list (not by its size but by its composition).

http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/pokedex/index.php?phppage=gen5/liste&poke_tri=1&poke_gen5=1

Golurk could learn Flight and same Volcarona (bug / Fire) can learn it. And a dragon which must indeed be 15 times as big is not capable of making it? (So, Golruk could fly away to a pokecenter ??? O_o").

Same Hydreigon can learn Flight and nevertheless, he really has no wings.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just as a note for other non-English readers, it is referred to as "Fly". Further, your usage of "cross" is correct enough, and the cave is Chargestone Cave.

Meanwhile, if you want to learn who can use what, either look up individual Pokémon (like Archeops) or the move itself (like Fly, which lists all Pokémon that can learn it).

Cyclone

Years
Thanks Cyclone ;) it's what i've done and as I said some pokemon can use fly. But they aren't appropriate... (e.g golurk).

I lost my time with my bicycle ;)

I have to train the archen to his evolve... Or to catch an other pokemon as bird...

@ justinrpg : I found mine in the mooving grass on road 5. He was level 20. ;)

Ice Car

Banned
Years
where can I find a Emolga in the wild???

You can catch them on Routes 5-16 (but not 9) in shaking grass. They are only there in some routes for one season, but Route 5 has them on all seasons, so look for it there. There are a lot of sites that you can find this information on and you'd probably find an answer if you simply googled "Emolga locations."

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You can catch them on Routes 5-16 (but not 9) in shaking grass. They are only there in some routes for one season, but Route 5 has them on all seasons, so look for it there. There are a lot of sites that you can find this information on and you'd probably find an answer if you simply googled "Emolga locations."
It's not on Route 8 (puddles), but IS on 9. As for where to get this information, here's one option. You can click on each Route number location to see more details related to that Route.

Cyclone

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's not on Route 8 (puddles), but IS on 9 and also on Route 18. As for where to get this information, here's one option. You can click on each Route number location to see more details related to that Route.

Cyclone

This only shows the aesthetic details on the route on the Town Map. To know where the Pokemon can be caught (in this case, Emolga), go to its Pokedex entry and click "Area." The areas where it can be caught in will glow red/orange.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This only shows the aesthetic details on the route on the Town Map. To know where the Pokemon can be caught (in this case, Emolga), go to its Pokedex entry and click "Area." The areas where it can be caught in will glow red/orange.
The passage of mine you quoted included a link to Emolga's Pokédex entry - specifically to the anchor with all of its locations - so I'm not certain what you're trying to tell me.

EDIT: Just clued in, you mean in the game. Correct, carry on.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
where can I find a Emolga in the wild???

Here's where you can catch Emolga in Black and White:

Routes 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Dragonspiral Tower, Village Bridge, Giant Chasm, Abundant Shrine, Lostlorn Forest (rustling grass)

You can also trade a Boldore for an Emolga in a house on Route 7.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I need to know How to get my pokemon to level +4,5,6 stats per level or every third level. I understand the EV training process but Each time I have done it I at BEST get a +3. I know I can get +4,5,6 because I have done it before. What am I missing?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I need to know How to get my pokemon to level +4,5,6 stats per level or every third level. I understand the EV training process but Each time I have done it I at BEST get a +3. I know I can get +4,5,6 because I have done it before. What am I missing?

Every 4 Ev's is a +1. So to get, lets say a +4 you'll need to get 16 Ev's in 1 level up.

Years
Hi,

I'm in front of Cobalion. I saved my party before starting the battle. If I reset my game... is there a chance to obtain a Shiny cobalion ?

Or as I saw him, he always has the same nature and skin color ?

I resets my games during I'm wainting an asnwer.

Thanks.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hi,

I'm in front of Cobalion. I saved my party before starting the battle. If I reset my game... is there a chance to obtain a Shiny cobalion ?

Or as I saw him, he always has the same nature and skin color ?

I resets my games during I'm wainting an asnwer.

Thanks.
I will allow ThePokeHQ to answer your question.

Years
I will allow ThePokeHQ to answer your question.

Thanks fo your help ;)

Excuse me, I've not correctly explain.

I know that If I restart the game before I cross him, I have the opportunity to obtain a shiny at any starting game. (e.g I'm in the room before and I change room to encounter him).

BUT, I've already seen him. (So, the pokemon is in front of me...) Is that the nature of the pokemon determined when I see him ? Or it's only determined when I start the battle ?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The ability it has is "Justified" (source) no matter what, but nature...yeah, I have a feeling that is determined when the battle starts. The best way to know is to capture it a few times without saving to see if you get different natures. I caught it the once and moved on to find Virizion, so I have no idea.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
how can you recive your freind code.. puzzled over it

Speak to the lady in the middle at the back of any Pokemon center. She'll get you connected to wifi in order to give you a friend code - make sure you have wifi that works - then check your pal pad and it'll list your friend code :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back