• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
If you've played Graces f, who was the character you used the most? If you haven't played but seen the characters/will be playing it etc etc what character do you think you'll be using the most?

I've always played as the lead male character in each Tales game, even Luke fon Fabre > Guy, so most likely I'll be using Asbel. Maybe Hubert as well ,cause' he looks cool to use.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years

If you've played Graces f, who was the character you used the most? If you haven't played but seen the characters/will be playing it etc etc what character do you think you'll be using the most?

Sophie or Asbel.

as Ive said before im in love with Sophie haha.

also I got my game right when i woke up it felt amazing :3 Its installing the game data atm.

I took a picture of my collection I was too lazy to edit it to make it smaller on the picture but ehh
Spoiler:

ソラ

Years
ToGf has no TP, right? So you're allowed to use artes over, and over again without consequence?

Yeah no tp. But it does have a bit of a down side the CC system when the CC runs out you cant do much combos so to build it up you wait or press and hold Square to build it up faster.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
I'd like to join buuuuuut...
The only Tales games i've finished are Symphonia and Vesperia :/
I'm playing through Abyss right now on 3DS, though :3

I'm limited in which games I can play because I don't have any working Playstation consoles. I just have an Xbox 360 that I rarely use, a Wii, a Gamecube, and a 3DS :S

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
So long as you are a fan of any aspect of the Tales franchise, you are welcome here. :P

Guys, I get to pick up ToGf this week. :'D I originally wasn't going to get it anywhere near launch (since I still need to save up for other things ;_;) but my brother's birthday is on Thursday and he told me he wants that as his gift. We're living together in the summer so I do have to wait until May to play it but eeee he gave me an excuse to go buy it, haha. I'm excited!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'd like to join buuuuuut...
The only Tales games i've finished are Symphonia and Vesperia :/
I'm playing through Abyss right now on 3DS, though :3

I'm limited in which games I can play because I don't have any working Playstation consoles. I just have an Xbox 360 that I rarely use, a Wii, a Gamecube, and a 3DS :S
You're like meeeee. c'here. ♥

I myself have only beaten Abyss and the two Symphonia games. I've tried playing Legendia and Phantasia but I got stuck in Phantasia and stopped playing. As for Legendia I just couldn't get into it; it didn't help that it wasn't multiplayer. ;x So I'm the stubborn mule who seems to only care about Symphonia with a bit on Abyss on the side aha. Only a bit though because I prefer Symphonia to Abyss and I didn't get the 3DS version of Abyss so I'm all 'ehh' about it.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
You probably aren't missing out on much without the 3DS Abyss if you beat the PS2 one.
The 3D in the game isn't even that good, so I just play it in 2D D:
It's actually easier to focus on the characters in 2D. In 3D they have weird jagged-y edges.

Should really get back to playing Abyss. I kind of put it on hiatus when the Minecraft server I play on got updated, and after I got Animal Crossing City Folk :/

Symphonia was the best Gamecube game! :3 Did soooo many playthroughs.
Whenever I have to name towns or worlds in games/stories, I always steal from Symphonia and use Iselia, Sylvarant, and a few others :S

I'm almost tempted to purchase a PS3 just to play the numerous Tales games...
Plus Uncharted 1/2/3.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Nah. I'm not missing out on anything but being able to play Abyss again. But the 3DS isn't multiplayer so my sister would have to just sit and watch rather than just play and I prefer it when we both play Tales of Games. I heard they fixed some glitches and other such things but in general the PS2 version is better. But hey, as long as more people get into the game this way.

Symphonia is my favorite game ever and basically my bible. ♥ I've done numerous playthroughs and I've actually been meaning to do another and hope it doesn't corrupt on me sob.

ソラ

Years
I find the 3DS version of Abyss better, faster loading times fixed up glitches, the only downside is the sound is a bit low even on max, well for me that is, than again i am 80% deaf, but i can hear the voices fine. But this is all my opinion, I still love the Ps2 version as well :)

Also, Graces F Im enjoying the voices, a bit off with the name changes for some items, but hey not every game gonna translate a perfect english from Japanese so they need to change somethings. Thought I didnt get the preorder from Gamestop cause they didnt take my money, so I had to order from amazon, but I got the preorder from a friend he let me use his PSN account so YAY :)

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I like the 3DS version of Abyss better, as well. I never got too far on the PS2 version, because I'm not one of those people that can easily sit there in one spot for hours and comfortably get too far in a game. It's easier for me to just be able to pick up my 3DS, wherever I happen to be, and kill things on Abyss. xD Also, the 3D for it is fine in my opinion, not as good as games that were overall made for that system, but good enough.

Also, yes, it does load faster. I was glad. xD

As for Graces, I don't have the right system. If I wanted to play it, I'd probably have to risk using an emulator, and ew. Just ew. Don't even think a PS3 emulator exists, or that'd be my guess, that's how much I know about them. xD The graphics look so pretty, though. I might eventually watch LPs, or clips on Youtube.

ソラ

Years
Mann, I love this game in english, So much information I missed, though I guessed right about some of the story from where im up to, I haven't beaten it yet, Idk how close, but Im like 24 hours in the game haha. I love the voice acting soo much, the skits make me lol, Pascal and Sophie are like the best characters imo. lol

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
How can you not love Pascal and her awesome victory quotes? :laugh:

Anyways, I've been playing quite a bit lately. Was getting owned by the boss at the bottom of the Glacier Ruins so I decided to explore and doing some sidequests. Luckily I came upon Asbel's Yuri outfit, lol.

ソラ

Years
How can you not love Pascal and her awesome victory quotes? :laugh:

Anyways, I've been playing quite a bit lately. Was getting owned by the boss at the bottom of the Glacier Ruins so I decided to explore and doing some sidequests. Luckily I came upon Asbel's Yuri outfit, lol.

Right I love her especially in Skits :).

I just got the Yuri outfit, im a late bloomer on the carta cards, Im more focus on the story haha. Cheria's Rita outfit is gonna be a pain, I tried to get it multiple times in the JPN version, made me want to throw the controller at the COMP you play against haha. Its good to practice the Carta game like vs :). I need to collect i think 20 to get Sophie's Patty Outfit, 30 is the mark where you can try to get Cheria's Rita's out fit.

But im falling in love with sophie again <3

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Royal crablettes... Royal crablettes... Royal Crablettes...

Yeah, the boss in the ice ruins is a pain in the ass. I had to drop the difficulty down just because I was getting fed up with it. Seemed no matter how much I grind, I was having no luck. Might have been my party though, since I was using Asbel, Cheria, Sophie and Pascal.

What I like about Asbel's Yuri costume is that they use the Alexei battle theme from Vesperia for normal battles. That song is badass. The battle themes from Destiny and Destiny 2 that occur with the pre-order costumes are nice too, and certainly help in areas with bad battle themes. *coughStrahtacough*

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
lol, I wasn't even aware you could drop the difficulty. I think I went with the same party but had Malik instead of Cheria (just for the in-battle cutscene)

Regret not pre-ordering it; I really like Sophie's Rutee costume. :/

I think the only problem I have with the game so far is that soundtrack is on the bland side. I know Sakuraba doesn't like to change things up, but come on... Everything else has been great. The voice acting has been pretty top notch too.

Back