• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project PokeMMOn

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Project PokeMMOn
This is my pokemon mmo I have been working on now for a few weeks, I think its coming along decently and decided to post on PC.

Story: I'm no too sure how I'm going to approuch the storyline if any at all, but I'm most likely gonna put the timeline of where the game takes place in the near future. In this future(This is NOT SET IN STONE idk if i want this or not) it has gotten to a point where trainers have extremely over used the evolution stones and now pokemon are no longer able to evolve on their own while in the control of a trainer. Not even the stones are that effective, and because of this, "DNA Modification" was created where they change the DNA of the pokemon in order to make it evolve(Will be almost 100% to evolve, maybe even some more beneficial effects occasionally), But it will cost more than stones do.

Pokemon:
I'm going to at first ONLY be using the original 151. Legendary's will be Extremely rare in the wild(Including Mew, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos. Mewtwo will be have something to do with DNA Modification.

Info Updated On: 6/12/12 11:02PM

Progress:
Red:Not Started/Orange:Started/Green:Finished/Cyan:Final
* = required for Alpha Test

*Account Login/Register(100%)
*GUI(0%)(I need a graphics artist)
*In-game Chat(75%)
Choose Character Model(100%)
Adding More Models to Choose from(3 Models ATM)
*CollisionV2(100%)
Animations stop once reaching a certain distance away(100%)
*Movement System v1(95%)(A Small Glitch Left to fix.)
*Transfer between maps and Server saves it(100%)
Kanto(1%)
*Pokemon(0%)
*Pokemon Skills(0%)
Item System(0%)
*Battle System(0%)
Computer Storage(0%)

I will add more to the list later.

Maybes:
Different Breeding system than normal pokemon games
Different style battle system based off the original
I like the idea of maybe an underground or digging system

Current Goal:
*Make a Simple Public Alpha v0.1 Test(10%)

Screen Shots:
scaled.php

progressu.png

Credits:
Kyle-Dove - Tiles

If you want to help PM what you want to help with, right now I most just really need GUI and other graphics like tiles, I'm going to code and map most of the game.

Leave a response below with whatever questions you want know and I'll try my best to answer them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Always love it when a GameMaker Pokemon game shows up! What .dll are you using for the online?
I'm using 39dll, it came with a tut i was using to learn how the files worked, and from just looking at the code i figured out how most of it works.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Oh, I see, are you going to consider changing it? The creator of that .dll recommends that no one uses it, since it is very outdated. I have no clue why it's still so popular.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Changing the dll wouldn't be much of an issue, which dll would you think is best?

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
The latter seems to be an ideal choice as it would fix the problem of users always not unzipping the file as it integrates into your executable.

Oh, just wondering, will you be externally loading your resources? If not, make sure not to preload too much.

Back