• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
lol dude, who are you? I'm seriously very confused.

Haha you probably don't know me at all, I used to hang around pixel art and graphics & photography a few years back.

(on several different accounts >.<)

Pokemon Master N

Champion Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
This game is awesome! Im going to keep an eye on this game.

1. Sorry for double posting
Can we have te sprite for the Team Chance boss and Male Sprite? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
The male grunts do have a concept. However it has not yet been officially refined or released. So here, this is the sprite below.

^See? Just haven't worked on it yet, but as soon as I have, I'll release it.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
GOD I absolutely love what you did with the hair Gav, it's such an amazing sprite <3

Seriously though, the whole project glows with professionalism, I love it :D !

And are the male grunts going to be spades/clubs? Because I think it would tie in nicely with the girls being hearts and all

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Now, I only joined PC 6 months ago, and I first saw this game about 4 months ago, but in those 4 months, this game has progressed very far! The storyline is the best I've seen so far, and both legends are very extensive into effort and detail. The pixel art is all top-class, and I'm loving the CSS for the thread!:D

The into video was quite beautiful, and I can't wait until a release! I was certainly not here on PC when this game started (I wasn't even aware of PC's existence), but this game seems to be very, very thought through and a LOT of effort is in this project!

Keep it up, Abnegation, and I look VERY forward to more things in this project! Good luck on Forever Lost, Abnegation!:)

Riansky

Purr
Years
One of the best games so far. It has nice tiles and the storyline is one of the best I have seen. I really hope you won't give up on Forever Lost because it has a big potential and I'm sure that its going to be an awesome game.

Pokemon Master N

Champion Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
...you said awesome game.... ow dare you.... 'CAUSE THIS IS THE BEST FAN-MADE GAME EVER!!!!!

Years
I love how original and beautiful this game looks and the Starts seem like they will make the game a challenge. One question though, are you planing on putting Pokemon contest in the game? I've always liked them. Really look forward to playing this keep up the amazing work.

Nuggz

Nidoking Molester
Years
this looks so promatic ;D... but to be honest the starters r kinda... well they suck o.o... why not change out Poochyena with Houdour or Growlithe? Chingling with like Ralts or Abra that knows Psywave or even Meditite :o and Makuhita with like Tyrogue... i couldnt think of another replacement besides machop but he seems too typical or something D: but yea im loving this rom by the SS and stuff... just change the starters :3

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2012
this looks so promatic ;D... but to be honest the starters r kinda... well they suck o.o... why not change out Poochyena with Houdour or Growlithe? Chingling with like Ralts or Abra that knows Psywave or even Meditite :o and Makuhita with like Tyrogue... i couldnt think of another replacement besides machop but he seems too typical or something D: but yea im loving this rom by the SS and stuff... just change the starters :3
your looking at the wrong thing, the starters are just below the gym leaders and
above the screenshots. (growlithe, petilil and staryu)

BR25

The guy who loses at everythin
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
wow! I had lost faith in pokemon fan games since most die out but then i saw this and oh my god its amazing! Keep up the good work :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I love how original and beautiful this game looks and the Starts seem like they will make the game a challenge. One question though, are you planing on putting Pokemon contest in the game? I've always liked them. Really look forward to playing this keep up the amazing work.
Haven't planned on contests for the first demo, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of including it later in the game.

I have a question about the new starters doesn't the grass one have a really poor movepool? wouldn't it make more sense to change him to Exeggcute
Exeggcute is awful. But not that it matters, editing the move pool for Petilil is a pretty easy thing to do, and I plan on doing so!

Quick screen from Tempostone Cave again. Forgive me, the .gif isn't great, I promise you it looks better in game.

Tempostone-Cave.gif

And here it is guys, I'm going to tell you a bit more about the antagonists.

Team Chance
Beware of storyline spoilers

Team chance is led by King. A descendent of the old King of Hawthorne who led the people of the region to uprise and overthrow him. Now, the descendent of the monarch prides himself in being known as King, and wishes to take the empty throne once more. So he intends to defeat Ho-oh, and possibly capture it for himself, thereby taking the mascot of the region away. Since Ho-oh brought the largest prosperity and hope to the region of Hawthorne in history, if it were to be used for evil it would drive Hawthorne into the bad state it was once in. King, is trying to recreate history and restore the existence of an evil ruler. To do this he has taken the help of some of his followers top stop anyone that gets in his way. The hierarchy is as follows;

King - The leader of Team Chance
Queens & Jacks - The Administrators, they have ruling over the Hearts and Spades
Hearts - The female grunts from Team Chance
Spades - The male grunts from Team Chance

Note that I have added a link to the Queen concept art, made by the wonderful Elaynii.

Development Note
Currently I am trying to meet a deadline for the demo release, however I feel that things are going slower than expected. In saying this, we are quite close to the first demo. I simply have not shown the extent of progress as I don't want to spoil everything. All the mapping for routes, towns and cities is done for the first demo, which was in fact a large part of it as the area you will find in the demo is quite large. The good news is that most of the difficult aspects are out of the way, and from here, it is just hard work and dedication from myself and the team to get this release out as soon as we can. Believe me when I say Forever Lost is not one of those games which post a lot of updates but never show any real sign of being released. We simply have very high standards and wish for a very good quality demo for you guys to enjoy. So keep supporting us and we'll have something for you to play sooner than you know it!

Just a quick update today, but I hope you enjoy!

Just a small update, enjoy!

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
It's a wonder you have time to do anything Abnegation, what with making forum styles, moderating and having a hand in two games. Regardless, loving the new update. You've transferred the electric stone thingies from BW really nicely.

A descendent of the old King of Hawthorne who led the people of the region to uprise and overthrow him. Now, the descendent of the monarch prides himself in being known as King, and wishes to take the empty throne once more.

From this, I gather that the old King's descendent started the rebellion against him? Why does he now want to take the throne and do evil things with Ho-Oh? That confuses me. Unless it's something that's gonna be expanded upon in game, then it doesn't matter.

Nevertheless, really looking forward to the demo.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
It's a wonder you have time to do anything Abnegation, what with making forum styles, moderating and having a hand in two games. Regardless, loving the new update. You've transferred the electric stone thingies from BW really nicely.

From this, I gather that the old King's descendent started the rebellion against him? Why does he now want to take the throne and do evil things with Ho-Oh? That confuses me. Unless it's something that's gonna be expanded upon in game, then it doesn't matter.

Nevertheless, really looking forward to the demo.

From what I read it as, the old King's actions made a rebellion occur against himself, and the descendant wants to reclaim the throne.

But, my my, this is getting better and better. The cave looks awesome, the tiles all look superb, the sprites fit in the overall theme. You really are outdoing yourself! This may be one of the few Games that I will look forward to and probably play nonstop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back