• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thieves Forest- Ambush Site

Defender seemed to accept the thieves as adequate for the plan. As soon as he laid out what they were to do, they began to go to work right away, digging up holes in random areas across the pass. Zane watched them get to work for a moment, before turning back to Defender and Roswell, who began talking.

"First priority is your brother. Can you live with the fact that the other prisoners could be slaughtered in the confusion that will happen?"

To this, Roswell seemed to stiffen, and maybe even get a bit angry. Zane wasn't sure, as he tried to hide any emotion before it had a chance to surface. Roswell leaned in and spoke softly, so as only the Gold Tribe around could hear.

"Listen here, golden one. I care for all of my men, and all of those prisoners, not just my brother. Of course my brother is a priority, but I want them all safe, if possible." He took a look at the thieves who were busy working on the traps, and then back at Defender. "But if getting the others out isn't possible, then make sure to get my brother. If he dies, then the deals off, and...well, we'll get there when we get there."

Calamity and Zane exchanged glances. Getting there when they got there doesn't sound very ideal. Zane was starting to think that what Defender said earlier was right, despite Noctus claiming that they weren't all murderers. If they fail, the King may very well try to kill them.

Roswell took a few steps away from Defender and spoke louder so that everyone would hear. "Right. So they'll be working on this here. I'll oversee for a while before heading back to the village later tonight. You best be going back now yourselves."

Roswell walked over to Noctus and spoke to him, softly. Zane was close next to him, so he barely overheard what he told him.

"I'm depending on you, Noctus. And I'm sorry for this." He told him. Zane wondered what the Lucario had to be sorry for, then realized that it must be that he made Noctus work with Gold Tribe members this whole time. Zane was remembering just how much they really hated the Gold Tribe. Noctus seemingly even more than others. Zane turned to TrueStriker, ready to go.

"I guess we'd better get going then?" He said to him, prepared to return back to the Thieves Village. The plan was in motion. Soon, they'd have the support to infiltrate Albia and take down the watchtowers. Everything was slowly coming together.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
Noctus

Noctus snorted and leaned against the tree, letting out a groan of impatience. Just when everything had seemed to be over, the Golduck known as the Defender continued on. In the Thieves' Forest, there were no 'battle plans' nor tactics to aid them; in here, everyone had to be independent, relying on nobody but themselves. If they happened to pair up with somebody, the chances of being struck down by enemies (and by your own ally) would have increased ten fold. It was probably independence that had led to the Forest's prospering state, not some...boring...speech about dying and rescuing. Perhaps the Cacturne had underestimated the Silver Tribe; perhaps the Defender had spoken too much and should had just told them to do their best. The decision is yours.

"A million things can go wrong and every single thief and Gold Tribe member here could very well die." he continued on, and Nocturne gave himself a facepalm. No duh.

Roswell appeared from a side, giving the Gold Tribe a few items before stiffening upon hearing the question. The King's appearance had helped Noctus in relaxing quite a bit, minimizing the uneasiness as he stood next to a crowd of strangers.

"Listen here, golden one. I care for all of my men, and all of those prisoners, not just my brother. Of course my brother is a priority, but I want them all safe, if possible." He took a look at the thieves who were busy working on the traps, and then back at Defender. "But if getting the others out isn't possible, then make sure to get my brother. If he dies, then the deals off, and...well, we'll get there when we get there."

Biased or not, Noctus grinned and nodded at the King's reply, obviously satisfied and moved by his words. He, after all, was also one of the thousand brothers living in the King's realm. Roswell then walked to Noctus' side, speaking in a lower, barely audible tone.

"I'm depending on you, Noctus. And I'm sorry for this," he spoke, and Noctus blinked, shaking his head.

"It's alright, Roswell. I find them rather amusing," Noctus replied with a smile on his face, not noticing that Zane had been eavesdropping all this time, "We've never had any large, complicated plans. Neither have we got codes, protocol, laws and cities of that matter. We've grown by staying alone, trusting nobody and just staying alive. They have a much...better purpose, and maybe, just maybe..."

Noctus then turned around to face the Gold Tribe again, glancing back at Roswell, "...Going with them and learning a few things about the outside world might not be too bad for us. After all, no pain no gain," he spoke softly before stepping forward to stop at Zane's side.

"Now, I'm not a professional at battle plans. I suppose I'll just go with the flow? Unless you have something else for me," Noctus glanced at the Bisharp, using his hand to toy with his metal-coated spikes along his arms.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

Ragnaros listened to Defender share his thoughts with them. His newfound patience surprised him; in the past, he would of stopped listening to him. The others cheered as Defender ended his little speech, but the Salamence remained silent with his eyes still fixed on Defender, lost in thought for a moment. Then he jerked his head towards the direction the others were looking at to see the King with his thieves coming. Roswell spoke as Bloodthirster eyed him.

"Well, what did I say? I told you I'd get what you needed. They'll get working on that plan of yours right away. Now, if there's something else you need, say so now. Otherwise, I'd say you better finish up whatever else you need to do here and teleport back to the Village. You've got a tough day ahead of you tomorrow, and you won't get a second chance."

'Tough day'. The Silver Tribe is going to have a 'tough day', I'll make sure of that, thought Bloodthirster, but he stayed silent as it usually happened lately. Defender turned to the Lucario and asked the crucial question that had been going on in Ragnaros' mind.

"First priority is your brother. Can you live with the fact that the other prisoners could be slaughtered in the confusion that will happen?"

Ragnaros glanced at the thieves behind the King. They were preparing the traps. Roswell leaned in towards the Gold Tribe, so only them could hear him.

The Salamence looked at his allies, figuring what the King said was a reason to worry, but he was not worried at all. Fear was not known to him. Escape plans in case anything went wrong drifted in his mind; he thought the chances of Defender's plan failure were not that big. He pumped himself up for combat - if his powers were needed, he was going to perform a real showdown of overkill.

Ragnaros glanced at Noctus and Roswell who were having a private conversation. He wondered how he could trust them; once, he wouldn't be able to come to trust them even if his allies did. The Cacturne turned towards Vigil and spoke.

'Now, I'm not a professional at battle plans. I suppose I'll just go with the flow? Unless you have something else for me.'

The Salamence wandered away from the group, but he could still hear them. The massive Pokemon sat down in the grass, unfolding his wings as he stared at the pointy peaks of Korhal Mountains, his home.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Defender' Malum​

Penance watched Roswell's reactions and frowned. This wasn't going to be pretty, that much he knew. Roswell was the guy who seemed to have close connections to all of those that resided in his forest. That meant that even if they could get the brother out Roswell would still be pissed if any of the others couldn't make it. That meant they had to get all of them out as fast as possible. Penance looked over at the helping pokemon as he nodded, "Alright. Tomorrow we can rouse the birds and get everyone ready." He said, more to himself. "Alright, yeah, we can head out." He said to Vigil. "We all need a good night's sleep to make sure we're at top condition."

He paused for a moment and turned to Vigil, "We need to have another talk Vigil. This one is very important." He said. He looked down at his bracelet and frowned. He quickly rubbed it a bit. It was just like before.... once he got to forming strategies he forgot all about his lucky charm.... Penance shook his head and stood off to the side. "You all go ahead. We won't be long." He said with a weak smile.

Penance actually couldn't believe that for once he was in the position of leadership. He knew he was great at planning, but it still made him feel very... guilty. He sighed and looked down. It had been some time ago, but it was still there. Maybe Vigil could shed some light on it? At least that was what he hoped for.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

Zane overheard Noctus speaking to Roswell.

"It's alright, Roswell. I find them rather amusing," Noctus replied a smile on his face. He was unaware that Zane was listening a few mere steps away. "We've never had any large, complicated plans. Neither have we got codes, protocol, laws and cities of that matter. We've grown by staying alone, trusting nobody and just staying alive. They have a much...better purpose, and maybe, just maybe..."

Roswell cocked an eyebrow at Noctus, while Zane merely eyed him. Zane had a hard time getting a grip on Noctus's character. He seemed to despise them, yet he had a sort of nobility around him too. It was hard to describe. Perhaps with more interaction, Zane will understand what he really was like.

"Now, I'm not a professional at battle plans. I suppose I'll just go with the flow? Unless you have something else for me," Noctus asked Zane. Zane nodded.

"Yes, it appears for the most part the bulk of you will be fighting when the action breaks out. Nothing specific for you."

"Alright, yeah, we can head out." Penance said. "We all need a good night's sleep to make sure we're at top condition."

Zane nodded, and the rest prepped to leave and go back to the village. Calamity walked close to TrueStriker.

"You still have the village still in your mind? Well, I guess it's not something someone can easily forget." He said to him, smirking.

As Zane prepared to leave, Defender spoke to him. "We need to have another talk Vigil. This one is very important." He said to him. Zane's eyes met Defender's, before Defender broke his gaze and looked down. Zane wondered what it was that was bothering Defender. It was a somewhat similar gaze that he had when they were traveling to the Thieves Forest a day ago. Zane was a bit nervous in these situations. He wasn't totally sure if he was the person to come to with need of advise, and yet it seemed there were very few others that fall into the criteria. Still, Zane would do his best to answer any troubles his brother had.

"You all go ahead. We won't be long." Defender told them. Dark Lightning nodded and headed off with the others.

"Alright, but hurry it up! I'm getting hungry again." Lyn said, impatient.

Zane chuckled a bit, and turned back to Defender, serious again. "So, what's on your mind this time, Defender?"

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
His idea was taken into consideration, leaving Hanso to observe the surroundings again. Now that he needed to find a hiding place where the Thieves wouldn't find him, he looked at some of the other trees along the forest's edge. The one he'd found was still the best, so he would need to get to his branch without notice.
And trust that I can hear someone trying to sneak up on me, he thought, watching Roswell and the other Pokemon appear. He doubted that the ambush would go so wrong, but he could think of one Thief who may not mind taking him down. That Marowak from the earlier battle had been angry, after all.

Hanso's attention wandered to the digging as he listened to the conversation. Soon, Vigil said, "I guess we'd better get going then?"

"Alright, yeah, we can head out." Penance said. "We all need a good night's sleep to make sure we're at top condition."

Hanso looked over as Calamity walked over. "You still have the village still in your mind? Well, I guess it's not something someone can easily forget." He said to him, smirking.

"Yes, I remember," Hanso replied, bringing his first image of the village to the front of his mind.

As he was ready to teleport the Gold Tribe-- "You all go ahead. We won't be long." Defender told them. Dark Lightning nodded and headed off with the others.

"Alright, but hurry it up! I'm getting hungry again." Lyn said, impatient.

Hanso sighed. Looking back, it felt good to not be so impatient. He brought the village's image to his mind's front again, then looked around at the group. I wonder if our sudden appearance will set off something, he thought, his eyes glowing blue as he teleported the majority of the Gold Tribe back to the village's entrance. Zane, Penance, and Noctus were left.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Defender' Malum

Penance saw the others teleport back and he turned to Vigil, "Come on, walk with me Vigil." He pointed off to some trees and turned to Noctus, "Don't follow." He began to walk off with his brother and led him some way so that they could still see the area where the volunteers were busy in but were far away that they couldn't be heard. "Alright.... I need to come clean about something." He frowned and rubbed the back of his neck, "You know how I'm able to make all of these great plans? How I just seem to get everything together...." He leaned against a tree, "I.... figured that out in a strange way."

He sighed and crossed his arms, "When my mom passed.... I was mostly left alone. My dad was there, but only when he could be, he was always so... busy with the alliance and.... not there." He closed his eyes, "He never knew when I would sneak out of the house, just wander the streets. I could spend a whole lot of time out there and the few times he was home I just said I was still getting over it. One day I was out... and... I came across some.... others. They were friend enough, pokemon my age." He chuckled, "I started hanging out with them. We went places, saw different things around the city in a new light. When I became comfortable enough they invited me to their place. I met more of their friends and from there it skyrocketed. Suddenly... I was doing... things."

He looked away, "I won't bore you with the specific details but I fell into some serious stuff. It was during one of my.... activities that I was in a briefing for the first time. Most of the time I was just sent out with the plan already established. I... saw all of these flaws and I just spoke up. I said what was wrong, how it could be made better, etc. There was just silence and everyone realized what had happened. I was tested for some time, and I always came up with brilliant plans. One of the plans... didn't go so well..." He sighed, "Luckily around that time I went to Eternity City. I had only spent a few years with those guys and never told them my real name. I just had a feeling not to. I just wanted to forget about it so I did. I left it behind, went on, and finally... here I am." He said with a shrug. "I guess... being back with thieves and low lifes... it just came back to me."

He sighed, "So.... just needed to get that off of my chest. I know it's probably not the life most of Gold Tribe go through, but I guess I am unique. Anyway, we should head back. Get our rest." He got off of the tree and walked back over to Noctus, "Hey, we're ready to head back."

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thieves Forest-Ambush Site

Zane watched as the others gathered around TrueStriker, and in a flash of white light, they vanished, teleported back to the Thieves Village. He then turned his attention back to Defender, who was to say something important to him. He motioned towards the trees.

"Come on, walk with me Vigil." He said. Zane nodded and followed him as he led on, motioning for Noctus not to follow. Whatever he wanted to tell them, he didn't want anyone else to hear. They reached the edge of the trees, an area where they were still able to observe the thieves at work while still talk in secrecy. Satisfied that they were far enough, Defender sighed and began.

He went on to tell Zane a bit about his life. About his mother's passing, and his father's busy days with the Alliance, causing Defender to sneak around a lot, leading to the life he lived. Zane listened silently as Defender told him about his life with them, and the job he found himself doing because of it. It was there he had apparently picked up his knack for planning. Zane didn't know how to respond to any of these events. They were so unusual to him, as he realized what different lives Penance and himself led as they grew up.

"So.... just needed to get that off of my chest. I know it's probably not the life most of Gold Tribe go through, but I guess I am unique. Anyway, we should head back. Get our rest."

Zane smiled in response. Defender was right. He was unique. In fact, they all were in some way or another. Zane was slowly beginning to understand that. They all come from so different backgrounds, from different places everywhere, but for one reason or another, their paths led to the Gold Tribe, and therefore here. Those events from each member's past shaped them into who they were and allowed them to become the person they were today. Perhaps it was something Zane should have said to Defender specifically. But Zane never had that ability to give eloquent responses like Rey did. He always felt with that with Rey, you would always get the response you not only want, but need. Nevertheless, he spoke back.

"I see. I...never knew any of that about you, brother. Thanks for telling me." He said to him. Defender got off the tree, and approached Noctus again.

"Hey, we're ready to head back." Defender said to him. Roswell, who was close by nodded, and called one of his thieves over, an Abra. The three of them stood around him, ready to go.

"I'm going to overlook things here for a bit, but I'll see you back in the village before you head out tomorrow." Roswell said, to which Zane nodded in response. A second later, the three of them vanished in a blink of light, and teleported right in front of the Thieves Village a second later. Even though the night sky provided little light, the Thieves Forest remained the same activity-wise, many of the thieves still singing and dancing about, while others were passed out on the floor next to the treehouses.

Zane saw the others of the Gold Tribe, just a bit ahead and caught up with them. Lyn waved them over as they approached.

"So, what now?" Lyn asked them.

"Well, we should get some sleep..." Zane began, to which Lyn groaned. "We have a big day tomorrow, Guardia." Zane continued. "We need to rest. We need our energy for everything to go right."

"Yea, but...I'm hungry! And I'm tired of eating the same nuts and berries we've had in our packs. Don't you guys want a better meal beforehand?" Not waiting for an answer, she began to take off, impulsive as ever. "Well I'm going." She said. Before Zane could stop her, Sword and Shield put a hand up and spoke up.

"Don't worry Vigil, I'll watch her. I might as well replenish our supplies while I'm at it anyways." He said, smiling. Zane nodded in response. He knew the Snorlax probably wanted something to eat too, given his size, but he didn't want to say anything in front of his brothers and sisters.

Zane looked around. "So...where exactly do we sleep anyways?" He wondered out loud.

"Pick a spot, any spot." A voice came from behind him, coming from the Abra who teleported them here. "Nobody owns any of the treehouses. Nobody does. Just sleep in whichever one's are empty." He said, shrugging. "It's much simpler this way, don'tcha thing? Without all those rules and property and such. Just pick a place, and crash." The Abra took off, and Zane just shrugged to the others.

"Interesting." Calamity said, peaking through one of the treehouses to see Pokemon sleeping through them. "I guess we find one and go there."

"We're probably going to get split up in all this, so maybe its best if we agree to meet in front of the Decreement tomorrow morning." Zane told the others.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance "I see. I...never knew any of that about you, brother. Thanks for telling me." Penance just shrugged in response. Soon enough an abra had teleported them back to the village and once more everyone was confused as to what to do. Penance sighed, "We will get separated, so in light of that I will be heading out, none of you be late to the action." He turned and walked off. He glanced idly through the houses and trees. There were so many pokemon that were dancing or singing drunkingly or even doing all kinds of idiotic things. Penance just kept his head down and continued to walk forward. He didn't want to become a part of the debauchery. He needed to keep his head clear and still needed to see if there was anything else he needed to do for the plan. That was what was essential. The plan. He sighed as he walked to a house and looked around it. It was full of sleeping thieves. He walked on and continued walking. Most houses were full, but he needed an empty one. He finally found one and plonked himself down.

He lay his head against the wood as he thought about what had just happened today. They were aiding a gang, in essence, to bring back a brother and hope that would be enough to be in Roswell's graces. Penance however, had a different view of the situation. They knew nothing of Roswell or of his business practices and from what he had seen of Roswell out there near the ambush site, he could be deadly. Very deadly. The fact of the matter was simple, Penance knew they would be killed either way. If they didn't get the brother they would be killed, if they got the brother they would be killed. They were in the middle of the thieves forest.... with no back up... and surrounded by numerous foes. The only reason they had been allowed to live was based on the fact that they were Gold Tribe and that they would be useful for Roswell to get his brother back. Once their usefulness was done.... they would no longer be needed. In a way it reminded Penance of his past once more. That Sandshrew worked so hard and he was no longer needed.... it was necessary. The logic was once again simple. Your greatest enemies had just seen the inside of your village, had a teleporter who knew where your village was, and to top it all off could roughly estimate your numbers. No, they weren't getting out of here alive.

Penance sighed as he closed his eyes for a moment. He didn't know if Roswell was any different than the gang leaders he knew, but if he was the same, then the plan would not work. None of it would work. He didn't have the heart to tell his brothers or sisters. If any of them knew what would be waiting for them then they wouldn't be able to keep it a secret and they could very well be killed this night. For now, he would keep it to himself. Maybe if they survived tomorrow Penance could inform everyone, but for now he needed to rest, a lot. He sighed as he closed his eyes and lay on the floor. Tomorrow, everything could very well change.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

Ragnaros did not feel like sleeping. As the members of the Gold Tribe departed, he flapped his wings, climbing on top of a tree house nearby. Its wooden structure was on the verge of collapsing under his massive weight, but he did not show he noticed. He laid down on the roof, careful not to touch any branches with his wings. Now looking at the stars on the night sky, he got lost in his thoughts as it usually happened when he got a moment to himself.

What if they decide to get rid of us, when all this is done? What if Roswell won't be a man of his word?

Roswell is a good King and certainly not stupid - if we were to fight for our lives in this forest, we would take thousands with us. The worst that can happen is him letting us go.

With these thoughts, Ragnaros finally shut his eyes and slept.

The morning aura sneaked in his nostrils, cleaning his lungs - not that he needed that. Ragnaros opened his eyes and looked at the sky. It was very early morning. Then he looked down, realizing he was on the roof of that treehouse and that today was the day of the trap. Ragnaros flapped his wings and leaped to the ground, landing heavily. He slammed his feet on the grass, readying himself for the impending action. He was sure that he would be needed.

Ragnaros looked around, wondering if he was up too early. He sat down, waiting for his allies to wake up.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

As the Gold Tribe expressed their understanding of the plan, TrueStriker put out a question. "Is there anything else we can put in the holes that would help?"

"Good point." Vigil replied. "Maybe we can fill some of the holes with sharp rocks as well. Could be useful too. We might consider filling some with poison too, but I would avoid it. After all, Ancients are usually quite resistant against it. I think for the most part, we go with Defender's idea and fill them with water." Something seemed to catch is eye and Daricka followed his gaze as he said, "Speaking of Defender's plan..."

Coming through the trees was Roswell, an assortment of Pokemon following behind him. Roswell spoke, extending his arms as he did so, "Well, what did I say? I told you I'd get what you needed. They'll get working on that plan of yours right away. Now, if there's something else you need, say so now. Otherwise, I'd say you better finish up whatever else you need to do here and teleport back to the Village. You've got a tough day ahead of you tomorrow, and you won't get a second chance."

"Yes... they will do." Defender said, pointing at the area, "We'll need to space out the holes, no set patterns. Just random places will do. Also, my brother TrueStriker brought up the idea of having some alternatives to water. We could place sharp rocks at the bottom, but no poison. The ancients are resistant to it. We could possibly also place sleeping powder at the bottom so that those that fall in will be knocked out for some time and we won't have to worry about them." The Golduck then turned to look at the volunteers, "Right, you all are just going to do your jobs. For those of you that don't want to fight, fine. For those that do want to stay, you will only stay until the brother is safely transported away, once he's gone you're gone as well. We are trained fighters and unless you've been through several years of training with instructors, you won't last one second against a Sentinel. You will die. Don't be a hero and get out of there. You could be used as shields against us and knowing my brothers and sisters they will be too soft to attack you. Now, for the teleports, hide in the forest and first chance you get teleport in and get the prisoners out." He turned to Roswell, "First priority is your brother. Can you live with the fact that the other prisoners could be slaughtered in the confusion that will happen?"

Daricka's fist subconsciously clenched as he said the last part. It irked her that Defender thought that just because Roswell was a criminal, he didn't care about his followers. Maybe it was because she herself had once been a thief, but there were certain things she wouldn't stand for. Sure, thieves didn't tend have the greatest sense of honor, but that didn't mean they didn't have any at all. However, before she could share this opinion with Defender, Roswell spoke.

"Listen here, golden one. I care for all of my men, and all of those prisoners, not just my brother. Of course my brother is a priority, but I want them all safe, if possible." The Lucario took a look at the thieves who were busy working on the traps, and then back at Defender before continuing, "But if getting the others out isn't possible, then make sure to get my brother. If he dies, then the deals off, and...well, we'll get there when we get there."

The Gold Tribe didn't seem to like the sound of that, and Daricka was with her brothers and sisters there. The part Roswell had failed to say was probably the part where he would attempt to kill them.

"Right. So they'll be working on this here. I'll oversee for a while before heading back to the village later tonight. You best be going back now yourselves," Roswell said, loud enough for everyone to hear. He leaned toward the Cacturne, Noctus, and said something that was to quiet for Daricka to hear from where she was.

"I guess we'd better get going then?" Vigil said, turning to TrueStriker.

When he had finished speaking with the King of Thieves, Noctus moved to stand next to the Bisharp. "Now, I'm not a professional at battle plans. I suppose I'll just go with the flow? Unless you have something else for me," the Cacturne said, fidgeting with the spikes on his arms. Daricka took that to mean that he was either bored, nervous, or both.

"Alright. Tomorrow we can rouse the birds and get everyone ready." Defender said, seeming to speak more to himself than those around him. "Alright, yeah, we can head out," he added to Vigil. "We all need a good night's sleep to make sure we're at top condition." He paused for a moment and turned to the Bisharp. "We need to have another talk Vigil. This one is very important. You all go ahead. We won't be long."

Daricka glanced at the two, faintly curious as to what was so important that he couldn't discuss it around his brothers and sisters... But if that's what he wanted, than she could understand. There were parts of her past she'd rather not let anyone in on.

"Alright, but hurry it up! I'm getting hungry again," Guardia complained. TrueStriker's eyes glowed before all of the Gold Tribe, besides Vigil and Defender, were teleported to the village.

Daricka left the others behind, remembering what Roswell had said before about just sleeping wherever. Now that she thought of it, these thieves were almost like a street gang... Just much larger and without the streets. As most of the inhabitants of the village were up and about in the evening light, it wasn't hard for her find an empty house. She took off her pack and set it down in a corner. The Infernape layed down on the hard floor, using the pack as a pillow so that if anyone tried to steal from it they would wake her. Shutting out the sounds coming from outside, she shut her eyes and drifted off into the realm sleep...

Garet

GhostFire
Years
A few seconds after the teleport, Hanso took a step back as his head spun a little. Need to eat something, he thought, taking his pack off as he sat down. After digging out some food that was left from the journey, Hanso began eating as the others began talking.

"So, what now?" Lyn asked.

"Well, we should get some sleep..." Zane began, to which Lyn groaned. "We have a big day tomorrow, Guardia." Zane continued. "We need to rest. We need our energy for everything to go right."

"Yea, but...I'm hungry! And I'm tired of eating the same nuts and berries we've had in our packs. Don't you guys want a better meal beforehand?"
Hanso looked down at the berry in his hand. She kinda has a point...
Not waiting for an answer, Lyn began to take off, impulsive as ever. "Well I'm going." She said. Before Zane could stop her, Sword and Shield put a hand up and spoke up.

"Don't worry Vigil, I'll watch her. I might as well replenish our supplies while I'm at it anyways." He said, smiling.

Zane looked around. "So...where exactly do we sleep anyways?" He wondered out loud.

"Pick a spot, any spot." A voice came from behind him, coming from the Abra who teleported them here. "Nobody owns any of the treehouses. Nobody does. Just sleep in whichever one's are empty." He said, shrugging. "It's much simpler this way, don'tcha thing? Without all those rules and property and such. Just pick a place, and crash."

Hanso lost interest in the conversation after that; he finished his snack and stood as he heard Zane's last words. Now that he knew where they would meet, he could go where he needed to.
Hanso walked away, following the direction that Lyn and Gladius had taken. Seeing that she had just rushed off, he felt she would know where to find food. Nuts and berries became a dull meal after a while, for one thing. Hanso ignored, as much as he could, the activity around him as he walked. Once or twice, he had to take a detour around a larger group of thieves.

After finding and eating a meal, which was a bit difficult for him, Hanso found an empty treehouse near the Decreement. He put his bracer away in the bottom of his pack, alongside his emblem, and settled down to sleep, using the pack as a pillow.
That was when he thought of something. What if Roswell's brother was extracted alive, but harmed? Would it hurt to have a healer on standby? Or would medical attention at the forest's edge be too close to the action? And, where would Roswell's brother and the other thieves be teleported to? Back to this village, if they have any sense. So, no healer near the action, then. Except for him, anyways. Hanso could remember what he'd learned, if it worked, through Demas' machine.
He fell asleep while thinking on the subject...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thieves Forest-Thieves Village

Zane watched as the group departed, going their separate ways, some off to find a place to sleep, while others perhaps a bite to eat. Zane was weary of the day's events, so he decided to go sleep as well. Zane walked along the wooden railways, peering inside the treehouses, finding some with sleeping Pokemon and others with Pokemon awake and conversing with each other. Zane wondered how the sleeping ones were able to get any rest with all of the ruckus that went on outside. Dancing Pokemon went passed him merrily, some occasionally glancing back at him. Their expressions were mostly intrigue, but some were with disgust. They knew, one way or another, whether by his golden appearance or the emblem he now proudly wore, he was an outsider.

Zane turned the corner to see another treehouse and when he peered in, he saw hardly anyone inside. Deciding this would be his destination, Zane walked in and found a spot at the corner of the room, laying down and using bag as a pillow. Surprisingly, the thick wood of the treehouse nullified a lot of the outside sound. It was as if he was in a tranquil environment. It was almost nice. He laid his head down, and close his eyes. He remembered the events of the day: The path to the forest, the meeting of Roswell, the journey inside, the battle, and eventually, the formation of the plan. He hoped the repetition of these events in his mind would tire him into going to sleep. And sleep eventually came for him...

"We can't hold the position." A voice rang through the air. Zane tried to open his eyes, but all that could be seen was blurred vision. He could make out a few figures in front of him, but couldn't see their faces. However, the blurred vision died down, and the faces were becoming more vivid, but still unclear.

"The eastern area is taken. If they move any further, we'll be trapped. The more we push forward, the more surrounded we get." The same voice spoke. Zane could still not make out who it was, but instead listened.

"Divert the rest of the armies to our rear. Tell them to hold on and keep the path back open as long as we can, Dragonheart." A second voice said.

Dragonheart? Zane felt like he heard the name before. His vision cleared a bit more, showing one larger Pokemon standing next to two smaller ones. They appeared to be in a wrecked room, on the verge of collapsing.

"It will be done, Kaiser." The first voice said to the second.

Kaiser? Dragonheart? Zane was sure now. These were Gold Tribe titles, titles of the tribesmen of old, from many decades earlier. The vision came into focus, and before him were three Pokemon: a Zangoose, a Salamence, and a Roserade. Zane immediately identified the Roserade as the same one he had seen in a dream the previous day. The Zangoose was the same one who appeared the the dream before that. He was certain of this. He wasn't sure how, but he was certain.

"If this doesn't work, all this will be for nothing." The Roserade said.

"Have some faith, Burstborn." The Zangoose known as 'Kaiser' replied. "It has to work. Go check on our route, make sure the Ancients aren't onto us." The Roserade known as 'Burstborn' nodded, and left the area, leaving Kaiser standing alone in the crumbling room. He sighed, and held something up in his hand, something that shined brightly, but because of the reflection of the sun seen through he cracks of the building, Zane couldn't tell what it was.

"So much death over so small a thing..."

Zane awoke, breathing heavily over the intense and vivid dream he had just had. In fact, it felt more like a vision than a dream. Zane lifted his head up from his bag which acted as a pillow, and took in the surroundings around him. The room had overnight filled with sleeping Pokemon, thieves of all kind, almost a dozen spread out lying all over the room. Zane silently gathered up all his belongings and headed outside quietly, trying his best not to wake anyone. The outside sun shone brightly through the cracks of the tall trees. His eyes adjusted to the sight of the village. It was unusually quiet and peaceful, almost nobody outside. Zane assumed the late night of partying had left them all tired. But Zane had to see off his brothers and sisters on a mission, and he didn't want to be late for it, even if he wouldn't be participating in it.

Zane walked through the railways over to the familiar building of the Decreement. In front of it, some of his brothers and sisters had already started gathering. Dark Lightning and Hoodhide were already present. Zane acknowledged them with a slight bow of the head, to which they did the same.

"Sleep alright, brother?" Zane asked Dark Lightning.

"Quite well, surprisingly, considering where I slept. Had an interesting dream." He replied. Zane raised an eyebrow.

"Really? So did I. What was it about?" Zane asked, curious.

"I dreamed I was a young lad just joined into the Gold Tribe again. Back with my friend Rodrick. We were such rascals back in the day, I tell you. Always getting into trouble." Dark Lightning chuckled. "It was pleasant to see his face again, even in sleep." He sighed. "What about yours?"

"I-" Zane began, before he was interrupted by the scream of another. "Oi, brothers!" a voice cried out. Zane turned to see Lyn approaching them. "Looks likes you're here already! I tell you, these thieves may be at ends with us, but they sure do know how to have fun! Interesting night, huh?" She asked as she approached them. Zane lowered his head, deep in thought on the dream still vivid in his mind.

"Yea...interesting."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

The Salamence stood alone in the middle of the 'street' for a while. He figured he was up way too early, just as it usually happened. Nothing was going on in his mind right then, he would just scratch the ground, thinking of what was to come today. Thankfully, he had not anything to worry about; just squish some ancients when the time was right. That's how he thought of Defender's trap, although he knew it was more complex than that.

A massive growling sound from his belly snapped him out of his thoughts. He realized he had not eaten for a while. Berries will do, for now, he thought, as he was unable to hunt anything. He took a look around the trees and found some oran berries hanging down from a small one close by. Ragnaros headed over there and shook the tree with his head, almost making it fall down; all its berries fell on the ground and he started picking them up, eating them.

'Bet they didn't have any meat around here..'

He murmoured, disappointed from the berries. Now the sun was shining brightly through the leaves of the moving trees, with Ragnaros walking under them towards the Decreement. He was not sure how he had found his way there, but he didn't think of it much either. Some of the others were standing outside the giant treehouse, including Vigil; he paced over to them.

'Beautiful day, isn't it?'

He said sarcastically as he laid down with his head on the ground, observing the surrounding treehouses.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance awoke the next day as the light hit his eyelids. During the night other thieves had come into the house and all were slumbering on the floor. He sighed and got up and stayed as quiet as he could as he got his pack and walked out of the house. The grass crunched underneath his feet as he walked to where they were meeting and saw that Lyn, Hoodhide, Vigil, Dark Lightening, and Bloodthrister were there. He walked up and dropped his pack as he looked over everyone. "Lyn, Hoodhide, I need to talk to you two, over here." He said as he led the way to some nearby trees. He waited until the two came and nodded, "Right, first, I'm being trampled by some ancients, who do you focus on?" He would wait for their answers and asked another questions, "Dark Lightening has just been stabbed by an ancient as is soon going to die, who do you focus on?" He looked at them and waited for their answers once more. He truly needed to know that they understood what was important.

It wasn't him, or any of the others. It was the brother first and foremost. Saying that you would do something was one thing, actually committing yourself to the idea and making sure that you followed through was another. Hopefully this exercise would help them remember what to do on the battlefield. What was important to the mission. It would be hard for them to resist helping the others, but they needed to do so.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thieves Forest-In front of the Decreement

As the Gold Tribe waited for the rest of the group to gather in front of the Decreement, Defender spoke up.

"Lyn, Hoodhide, I need to talk to you two, over here." Hoodhide and Lyn exchanged glances, and then walked over to the spot Defender motioned to. Zane watched as the three walked over there, unable to hear what they were talking about, but assuming he was making sure they understood the entire plan, or perhaps were going over another portion of it. Zane couldn't be sure.

Defender nodded as he began speaking. "Right, first, I'm being trampled by some ancients, who do you focus on?"

"Thebrother" Hoodehide chirped. Lyn responded with a nod after Hoodhide.

"Dark Lightening has just been stabbed by an ancient and is soon going to die, who do you focus on?"

"Uh...the-bro?" Hoodhide answered again.

"Brother..." Lyn began, walking over to him and putting a hand on his shoulder. "...you need to calm down. We've been over the entire plan. We know what we have to do. We get it. We've all been in plenty of dangerous missions before. Maybe one not quite like this, but we know what's at stake. There's no way we won't succeed. You need to calm down. Just take a breath. Everything's gonna work out. Trust me!" She said, ending with giving Defender a reassuring smile.

A moment later, Calamity walked over to where Zane, Ragnaros, and Dark Lightning stood, the rest were sure to soon follow.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso awoke with a start. Weird nightmare, he thought, pushing himself into a sitting position. Some of the details were slipping from his mind, but he recalled that there were a frenzied Marowak and a maniacal Cacturne who were both chasing him to his death for something he'd done. Doesn't mean anything, does it? Looking up, Hanso saw that the treehouse had acquired several more residents. Sunlight was shining through the entrance, and he could hear distant talking.

He stood up and grabbed his pack before stepping around the sleeping thieves, making his way out the door. After waiting a few seconds for his eyes to adjust, Hanso turned and walked toward the Decreement. It was a few minutes before he joined the other Gold Tribe members, moments after Calamity.
More of his nightmare had slipped from his memory, but it was enough to make him think. Hanso had heard of some Psychic Pokemon seeing into the future, sometimes as a side-effect to knowing how to use Future Sight in a battle. Personally, he had never seen the future, so his nightmare was probably just that. Still, if the Gold Tribe had never come to the forest and planned out this ambush, Hanso doubted he would've had a nightmare about it.

It might be nothing, he thought, putting his pack down before opening it. As he pulled out his bracer and put it on his arm, his thoughts wandered back to the previous night. I hope I won't need to use it as an emergency today. Not to mention that Hanso hadn't had a chance to try a Heal Pulse after going through Demas' machine.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance sighed at Lyn tried to reassure him. "I know Lyn. I know perfectly well that you two know the plan, that you will carry it on. But... even the best laid plans often go awry." He sighed, "It will go wrong, has to. Know that now, but you both must adapt to any situation as well. Be prepared for anything. In essence, even have a plan ready when mudkips start to rain down from the clouds." He said with a hint of smile. "Now... if you prepare for that... you're ready for anything."

He walked back to the others, "Alright, as soon as everyone arrives, we'll head out. Remember what I told you all. The most important thing to do now is to think on your feet, just like in battle. Things will always change, if a part of the plan doesn't go down correctly, adapt, quickly. Our prime mission is safety of the brother, and the secondary mission is to get the prisoners out. Once that is done, we focus on the Sentinel and from there on do whatever you want. It'll just be another battle. Just like we have done before." He frowned, "Now, from that point on, we keep the Sentinel as far away from the forest as possible. Just focus on that in the battle and we'll be good."

He looked around, "Now apart from that, do your best, and we'll be good." He nodded, "Alright, that's all I have to say."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thieves Forest- In front of the Decreement

"I know Lyn. I know perfectly well that you two know the plan, that you will carry it on. But... even the best laid plans often go awry." He sighed, "It will go wrong, has to. Know that now, but you both must adapt to any situation as well. Be prepared for anything. In essence, even have a plan ready when mudkips start to rain down from the clouds." He said with a hint of smile. Lyn and Hoodhide smiled as well. "Now... if you prepare for that... you're ready for anything."

Lyn nodded her head. "We'll be ready, brother." She said, as the three of them walked back to the others. When they approached, Defender gave one more pep talk of the primary and secondary missions, the former being the safety of the brother and the latter the safety of the other prisoners. After that, they keep the Sentinel away from the others, and everything would go well. Zane understood the plan, and wished he could be apart of it, but he knew he had to stay here. As Defender talked, the rest of the Gold Tribe arrived, as well as Noctus.

"Now apart from that, do your best, and we'll be good." He nodded, "Alright, that's all I have to say."

Roswell came out of the Decreement building. He looked over the faces of the Gold Tribe in front of him, giving them a nod of the head. "I thought I'd see you guys out, make sure everything is in order. My scouts have been out at the ambush site all morning. They're not at the site yet, but should be there soon. Good news is, from what they've been able to scout, there seems to be no sign of a Sentinel."

Zane felt a small wave of relief lift from his shoulders at the words. It was a bit more comforting to hear from Roswell that they might not encounter a Sentinel. But it wasn't certain.

"If there's nothing else, I'd say its time for you to move out." Roswell concluded.

"Hold on a moment." Zane interrupted, stepping forward. He turned to Roswell. "I want to say something to my brothers and sisters before they go." Roswell crossed his arms and nodded. Zane stepped forward to them.

"Brothers. Sisters. It pains me not to be able to go with you on this one. But I know you're in good hands. You'll see this mission through to the end just like you have with everyone other one you've encountered thus far. Good luck. Stay safe."

"Arceus protect you, brothers and sisters." Sword and Shield chimed in at the end.

Lyn nodded and gave a big grin to Zane, Dryad, and Sword and Shield. "We'll be back before you know it. Don't worry!"

And in a flash of light, they were gone.

Lyn opened her eyes. The scenery had just changed to the one she had seen the day before, the small path in front of them between the Korhal Mountains and the edge of the Thieves Forest. They appeared just at the edge of the forest, still covered behind trees. Right beside them all around were the thieves the king sent to help with the plan. They were Pokemon that would help in the attacking by executing the plan. Plant and flying types armed with sleep powders and stun spores to confuse the enemies. One of the thieves, a Beedrill, approached the Gold Tribe members.

"Right, the king says you'd be comin'. Ok, here's what's going on. All the traps are set from yesterday. The Ancients should be coming in from the west with the prisoners. We don't know exactly how many, we never got a chance to get a good count, but there seems to be around a hundred or so. But there might be more. No Sentinel spotted.

Lyn beamed and laughed. "Ha! Only a hundred? And no Sentinel? This'll be cake!"

"I don't think it'll be that simple...it's still a hundred, and we have to be on guard if the have reinforcements." Dark Lightning added.

"Right, right...so...who's going to be the bait?" Calamity asked.

"Two of my men will do it." The Beedrill said, pointing his stinger at a Houndour and Poochyena. "They'll cause the Ancients to rush forward and fall into the traps, and then I'll send in my sleep and stun teams. They'll cause even more confusion, which will be your chance to strike and get to the king's bro and the other prisoners. Sounds about right?"

"Seems so." Calamity said softly. "...Now what?"

"Now..." Dark Lightning began, looking to the direction of where he assumed the prisoners would be coming from. "...I assume we wait. Any last information or pointers we should know about, or should we get into position?" He asked Defender.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

Daricka awoke to find that the previously empty room had filled up over the night, and now thieves lay sleeping on the floor. First checking to make sure nothing was missing from it, she gathered up her pack and weaved through the bodies strewn out all over the floor, careful not to wake anyone as she made her way to the door.

Most of the others had already arrived by the time she got to the Decreement, so Daricka sat down to wait, once more using Calm Mind to prepare herself for the fight ahead. She opened her eyes when Roswell walked out of the building and nodded to them. "I thought I'd see you guys out, make sure everything is in order. My scouts have been out at the ambush site all morning. They're not at the site yet, but should be there soon. Good news is, from what they've been able to scout, there seems to be no sign of a Sentinel," the Lucario said.

The news that there didn't seem to be a Sentinel both relieved and bothered Daricka. It would make their job much easier, but it also meant they wouldn't be able to use this chance to get another one of the Silver Tribe out of the way. Still, there was no way of guaranteeing that a Sentinel wouldn't show up later in the fight, and it was probably for the better that one didn't.

"If there's nothing else, I'd say its time for you to move out," Roswell concluded.

"Hold on a moment," Vigil interrupted, stepping forward. "I want to say something to my brothers and sisters before they go." Roswell crossed his arms and nodded, and Vigil turned to them. "Brothers. Sisters. It pains me not to be able to go with you on this one. But I know you're in good hands. You'll see this mission through to the end just like you have with everyone other one you've encountered thus far. Good luck. Stay safe."

"Arceus protect you, brothers and sisters," Sword and Shield chimed in.

"We'll be back before you know it. Don't worry!" Guardia grinned, before those of them going were teleported to the ambush site.

When Daricka next opened her eyes, she recognized the place they had been the day before, where the ambush would be taking place. A Beedrill broke off from the rest of the thieves preparing themselves and spoke to them. "Right, the king says you'd be comin'. Ok, here's what's going on. All the traps are set from yesterday. The Ancients should be coming in from the west with the prisoners. We don't know exactly how many, we never got a chance to get a good count, but there seems to be around a hundred or so. But there might be more. No Sentinel spotted."

"Ha! Only a hundred? And no Sentinel? This'll be cake!" Guardia laughed.

"I don't think it'll be that simple...it's still a hundred, and we have to be on guard if the have reinforcements," Dark Lightning added.

"Right, right...so...who's going to be the bait?" Calamity asked.

"Two of my men will do it," The Beedrill said, pointing his stinger at a Houndour and Poochyena. "They'll cause the Ancients to rush forward and fall into the traps, and then I'll send in my sleep and stun teams. They'll cause even more confusion, which will be your chance to strike and get to the king's bro and the other prisoners. Sounds about right?"

"Seems so," Calamity said softly. "...Now what?"

"Now..." Dark Lightning began, "...I assume we wait. Any last information or pointers we should know about, or should we get into position?"

Daricka gazed around, her expression hard. Defender was right; a lot could go wrong with this plan of his. But it was all they had to work with, so it would have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back