• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

❆Welcome to the Gym, Time to Test Your Might❆ (Gym Leaders' Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Wow those are great, thanks! They're up on the main post!! I was going to say, if you wanted to you could make a duplicate and have the name Homika instead of Roxie on there. I'm sure more would be please. It suit her better in my opinion but its totally up to you. :)

Well, I've made a duplicate of the userbar with Homika's name on it and here it is.
picture.php

Oh, and by the way you forgot to put Bryon's Userbar on the Sinnoh Section on the main post. :)
I have a topic! :D

What do the Gym Leaders do during their free-time waiting for their new challenger?

For me, I think the Gym Leaders are training or having fun with their Pokemon during their free-time to have a strong bond and working together between Gym Leader and Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
What do the Gym Leaders do during their free-time waiting for their new challenger?

Helping the town and its surrounding areas, obviously. Example is where Skyla had to do something at Celestial Tower, and Jasmine at the lighthouse.

Mentalii

Back
Years

Welcome! If it weren't for Sabrina, Misty would be my Gym Leader ;) So why did you choose Misty? Is it more because of her Gym Leader appearances than her traveling days with Ash/Brock? ;)

Actually I love almost every gym leaders, so on one hand I admit that I chose her for her appearance, but also for the water-type :) If I coul be a gym leader, I guess I'd choose to be a water gym leader, and as she's the only girl that is a water gym leader... I guessed she was the best choise for me.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Well, I've made a duplicate of the userbar with Homika's name on it and here it is.
picture.php

Oh, and by the way you forgot to put Bryon's Userbar on the Sinnoh Section on the main post. :)
I have a topic! :D

For me, I think the Gym Leaders are training or having fun with their Pokemon during their free-time to have a strong bond and working together between Gym Leader and Pokemon.
Both Homika & Bryon have their Userbars added. Thanks! And good new topic. I would say it depends on their personality nature. Like Jasmine would be taking care of Amphy as days go by, Brock would be cooking for his family, Clair will continue to train her dragons and so on. Each Gym Leader does different things outside of gym battles awaiting their next challenger. It's quite interesting indeed.

Actually I love almost every gym leaders, so on one hand I admit that I chose her for her appearance, but also for the water-type :) If I coul be a gym leader, I guess I'd choose to be a water gym leader, and as she's the only girl that is a water gym leader... I guessed she was the best choise for me.
Misty is an amazing swimmer too. That's what I like most about her ;)

As for me, I just flat out love Sabrina. Especially the newer look. She's the best. With her "Psychic" ability and toying with Ash, Misty, Brock & Pikachu in the Anime was the best thing ever haha. Plus laughing @ Haunter's faces was wonderful.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Well, pretty much what everyone else does, I think. I mean, it's hard judging from the games, since they're set to be there for the game to progress correctly, though when they're not in their gym, some kind of side mission thing to either find them, or something that's an important part of the story is almost always in place before we can battle them. In the anime though, they have been shown to just be away from the gym, like with Whitney, where she was simply out in the city, shopping and stuff if I remember correctly. Likewise with Pryce, who wasn't at his gym when Ash and friends first arrived, but wasn't doing anything important either. They can also be helping out around their local area, as people probably rely on them, being strong and responsible and all.

So yeah, they have lives outside of their gyms too, so I wouldn't expect them to do anything else than what normal people do. Though in the Pokémon world, that usually involves battling, sooo...

TheAC29

Years
I've made a lot of changes on Shizui's and Hoenn Gym Leaders' userbar.
Shizui has an english name and it's Marlon, I think the english name for Shizui sucks, but you know it's The Pokemon Company International's decision for the Gym Leader's english name and the Characters' english names.
Here's a duplicate of Shizui's userbar with the name Marlon on it:).

picture.php

And the Hoenn Gym Leaders now have their new sprites for the Pokemon World Tournament (A new feature in Pokemon BW2) in Gen. V, here are their new sprites:D:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
omg huge kudos to you! Those userbars look so amazing! <3

Obviously train your Pokemon, of course! You gotta have time to warm up your Pokemon before the challenger arrives. As Olli mentioned, they all have lives...like family, errands, special training, etcetera. For example, Gym Leader Erika. While she's not battling with a challenger, she's a manager at a perfume shop. :)

KyokuseiXRyusei

DenCabe! :3
Years
Name- KyokuseiXRyusei
Your Gym Leader- Cilan/Dent
2 Partner Pokemon- LiliPup/Pansage
Why have you joined to be trained- To become an Elite Trainer, Eventually a Gym Leader.

They probably make fun of trainers who lose and throw a party when they aren't busy. XD

Olli

Years
Name- KyokuseiXRyusei
Why have you joined to be trained- To become an Elite Trainer, Eventually a Gym Leader.

They probably make fun of trainers who lose and throw a party when they aren't busy. XD
Hey there dude, welcome to the club! :D

Making fun of the trainers who lose may be a bit cruel, don't you think? ;) To be honest, I think they're more likely to give the losing trainers a motivational speech, or at least tell them to come challenge them again when they've gotten stronger. Though about the party thing, not unlikely. No reason that they should all be strained with gym work and chores all day, so some kind of party every once in a while would be good for them to lighten up, though they're it'd probably be at some kind of festival like we see in every second town in the anime xD

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
Years
Name: Dudy

Your Gym Leader: Chuck

2 Partner Pokemon: Medicham, and Primape

Why have you joined to be trained: To become the best trainer in Johto and to one day surpass even Chuck with physical strength and mental strength.

I think that Gym Leaders train their Pokemon for the most part, then if the wait is long, they see if they gym itself needs any extra tweaking in the layout.

Last edited:

Olli

Years

Why have you joined to be trained: To become the best trainer in Johto and to one day surpass even Chuck with physical strength and mental strength.

I think that Gym Leaders train their Pokemon for the most part, then if the wait is long, they see if they gym itself needs any extra tweaking in the layout.
Welcome to the club, Dudy. Hope you'll stay around for a while, and hopefully get some enjoyment out of the club.

Great reason you have for joining, and I hope that you'll make it ^^

I still think that constantly doing something involving your gym is taking your spot way too seriously, however now that I think about it, how much freetime does gym leaders actually have? I mean, for the most part, they're almost always in their gym in the games, unless it involves some kind of side mission, but it's the same thing regarding the anime. The gym leaders are almost always there when Ash arrives at the gym, and if not, it's because they have to throw some kind of filler episode in before doing the actual gym battle.

Anyways, I think it's possibly time for a new topic.

Are there any gym leaders you don't think deserve the spot. Who?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name- KyokuseiXRyusei

Welcome to the club! I'm sure there are SOME Gym Leaders or at least one who does that. I think Pryce would had been a good and perfect Gym Leader to do that. ;)

Welcome! You put on some thoughts about this. Must be a diehard Chuck fan huh?
Welcome to the club, Dudy. Hope you'll stay around for a while, and hopefully get some enjoyment out of the club.

Great reason you have for joining, and I hope that you'll make it ^^

I still think that constantly doing something involving your gym is taking your spot way too seriously, however now that I think about it, how much freetime does gym leaders actually have? I mean, for the most part, they're almost always in their gym in the games, unless it involves some kind of side mission, but it's the same thing regarding the anime. The gym leaders are almost always there when Ash arrives at the gym, and if not, it's because they have to throw some kind of filler episode in before doing the actual gym battle.

Anyways, I think it's possibly time for a new topic.

Are there any gym leaders you don't think deserve the spot. Who?
I'd have to give this to Blue possibly, because I think he should had remained Champion as a Various time champ, but then again, the change was still good. I cannot think of anyone else to disagree with their positioning to be honest. I think everything was well aligned and thought-out. Since this topic hasn't hit the spotlight, here's a new topic:

There was recently an episode with Ash battling Skyla. What is your thought on the battle & Skyla?
Did it change your view on her after first seeing her in-game?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
If I had to name one Gym Leader who isn't exactly Leader material I'd have to go with someone along the lines of Lenora or Brycen if anybody, thankfully they get replaced in B2W2 but in B&W they felt mostly filler as there wasn't anything that interesting about the characters themselves if you ask me, especially Brycen as you could pretty much stomp his team flat in a matter of minutes if you had a Pokemon like Emboar or Sawk with you at the time.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
If I had to name one Gym Leader who isn't exactly Leader material I'd have to go with someone along the lines of Lenora or Brycen if anybody, thankfully they get replaced in B2W2 but in B&W they felt mostly filler as there wasn't anything that interesting about the characters themselves if you ask me, especially Brycen as you could pretty much stomp his team flat in a matter of minutes if you had a Pokemon like Emboar or Sawk with you at the time.
Personally I felt the half of the Gym Leaders were at ease with boring backgrounds (since I felt they were only there to assist in facing Team Galactic) within Unova. Although I do like that, it makes the Gym Leader feel more important on your adventure than just a simple gym badge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ash's battle versus Skyla omg. Okay so yes she's a very good battler, but wow she's a bad gym leader! Completely ignoring the fact that you have to BATTLE a trainer to give them your gym badge is ridiculous. If she doesn't have time for it then don't be a gym leader gosh >> I think her attitude was utterly awful (plus her voice was shiny and annoying), but her Pokémon were very good. Her strategy of deflecting Electric attacks by using Swanna's Aqua Ring was very impressive indeed - I'd love to know how her grandfather came up with that plan. I can't say I think she'll keep up with the normal battles instead of 'air battles' 'cos in all likelihood, she won't. :p I was expecting so much more from her based on the in-game appearance :( Also what happened to her views on the tower for mourning dead Pokémon? That wasn't mentioned at all :x

Also in reference to Sector's comment, I really wish they gave the gym leaders more of a story/background in the games. Kind like they do in the anime - it'd be much more fun and interesting. I understand why they don't since otherwise they'd never be in the gym and stuff for other challengers, but it would be great if they did. They seem to have tried harder in this respect in BW what with a lot of the gym leaders having something to do with the plot either before/after their gym battle, but I wish this was more prominent. I also loved the event at N's castle :3

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Let's get the fire up in our gyms.

Would you like to face more gym leaders in double battles & triple/rotation battles, or do you prefer them single battles?

I'd like for them to be mixed up, instead of 7 of 'em being single battles and the other one being double or triple battles. It'd make it more interesting and test your skills much more as a trainer rather than just doing single battles everywhere.

Olli

Years
There was recently an episode with Ash battling Skyla. What is your thought on the battle & Skyla? Did it change your view on her after first seeing her in-game?

To be honest, I was really looking forward to Skyla's appearance in the anime, though when she finally came, everything was utterly ruined. The ever so kind-hearted, hard working gym leader the games introduced us to was completely broken apart and replaced by a cheap, annoying look-alike. Yes, I know the she was known to be a strong gym leader beforehand and always had battles piling up, but the fact that she would even resort to using something as dumb as air battles, where she imagines the battle, totally ignoring the fact that trainers are unique, and that you can't predict the outcome of a battle just by knowing the typings. Not enough with that, she had to have the most annoying voice ever, it's just GRHFHFJKAHSFJaskff

Though despite all that, she was a pretty strong trainer, and used her moves perfectly, I can give her that, though she had one of the most disappointing anime appearances ever.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Name: Seraphimon-sama
Your Gym Leader: Sabrina
2 Partner Pokemon: Gallade and Gardevoir
Why have you joined to be trained: Because Sabrina is my favourite Gym Leader and I'd really like to train under her.
Answer to Current Topic: My god she is so annoying! I've only just started watching the episode and already I hate her.

Last edited:

Olli

Years
Name: Seraphimon-sama
Your Gym Leader: Candice
2 Partner Pokemon: Gallade and Gardevoir
Why have you joined to be trained: Because Sabrina is my favourite Gym Leader and I'd really like to train under her.
Answer to Current Topic: Honestly I haven't seen the battle between Ash and Skyla yet but my views of her will probably not change.
I did, however battle her in B2/W2 using my team of Emboar, Azumarill and Lucario. Azumarill was basically unstoppable in the battle, tearing through all of her Pokemon without taking a single hit because I trained her up so much.
Welcome to the club, Seraphimon-sama. Hope you'll enjoy your time here in the club.

If you're certain that your views on her won't change, prepare to be suprised. Her anime counterpart is literally the worst anime counterpart I've ever seen. I mean from the views we get of her in the games, she's pretty much a perfect gym leader and such, helping out around, though in the anime she turns out to be the most annoying person I've ever seen in the anime and is practically neglecting her gym battles because she wants to fly around more. I don't wanna spoil anything, so I'm not gonna say any more about the episode untill you've watched it, though at this point, I view the Skyla from the games and the Skyla from the anime as two completely different characters, as they're nothing alike personality wise.

TheAC29

Years
Sorry for my very long inactivity because of school and a lot of homework that I did. So, what did I miss? :)
Should there be more Gym Leader Double Battles? What about Triple/Rotation Battles?
Well, yeah there should be more Gym Leader Double Battles since players battled Tate and Liza in Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire and other Trainer Double Battles. For Triple/Rotation Battles, I'm not so sure if that type of battling system fits with the Gym Leader battle, but it's the decision for Game Freak if they want to add Triple/Rotation battles for Gym Battles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back