• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Fuji, man, you just keep surprising me. I don't come on here as often as I used to, but whenever I do I make sure to see what's going on with Lilac, and I'm never disappointed. The news screens look great, I love that Ranch, those text boxes, and the sprites. I can't wait for Beta 2 to be ready, because I'm surely going to download and play it until my keys break or I fall asleep, which ever comes first. Keep it up, dude, myself and many others cannot wait for the finished product.

Also, forgive me if someone already asked, but do you have any plans to change the Surfing Pokemon sprite?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2012
I love the texts and the tiles, i'm looking forward to playing this amazing looking game when it's done.

marcc5m

what
Years
Wait how'd I miss that update.
Anyway this hack sucks, horrible overworlds, yucky tiles, eww maps and nooby scripts.
Jk good job.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I am quite excited to hear the beta will be coming in the near future I can't wait to get my LP on!

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Alright you can remove me from the credits now T^T

Well that's great, it looks like you spent heaps of time to implement all that! And a very snatchy textbox, too! Good job, overall.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Here is what I don't get. When I follow Prof. Oak to that building, I went there, and that he wasn't there, I played it twice, and the same thing happened.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Hey, this hack looks AMAZING. It's clear that you know what you're doing (either that or you're keeping up a convincing facade) because the hard work put into this hack is evident in the first post already, and I can sense there is a great level of quality.

...One thing though. Do you plan on keeping those HG/SS tiles? Because they look hideous, and aren't fit for a GBA game at all. They look incredibly out of place and are an eyesore. e.e

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey guys, I'm going to be putting up an update soon, but it isn't exactly finished yet so I'll just do some replies. Let me assure you though, the update will knock your socks off :P

That ranch looks amazing, (and when have you switched to DPPt overworlds?)

I switched to DPP styled OWs late last year but haven't changed the first post because the downloadable beta still has the old styled OWs. Thanks mate :D

Fuji, man, you just keep surprising me. I don't come on here as often as I used to, but whenever I do I make sure to see what's going on with Lilac, and I'm never disappointed. The news screens look great, I love that Ranch, those text boxes, and the sprites. I can't wait for Beta 2 to be ready, because I'm surely going to download and play it until my keys break or I fall asleep, which ever comes first. Keep it up, dude, myself and many others cannot wait for the finished product.

Also, forgive me if someone already asked, but do you have any plans to change the Surfing Pokemon sprite?

Nope, I've changed the sprite of the person on top of the surfing sprite but not the big blob thing itself. Thanks for your continued support man ;D

I love the texts and the tiles, i'm looking forward to playing this amazing looking game when it's done.

Thanks for those nice comments :P

Wait how'd I miss that update.
Anyway this hack sucks, horrible overworlds, yucky tiles, eww maps and nooby scripts.
Jk good job.

yeh it iz a relly bad hak n nobody shuld evr play itt....... i wil quite this naow.........

I am quite excited to hear the beta will be coming in the near future I can't wait to get my LP on!

Definitely, I'm looking forward to the continuation of your adventures :P

Alright you can remove me from the credits now T^T

Well that's great, it looks like you spent heaps of time to implement all that! And a very snatchy textbox, too! Good job, overall.

Nope, because you're too special to be left out of anything :3

Here is what I don't get. When I follow Prof. Oak to that building, I went there, and that he wasn't there, I played it twice, and the same thing happened.

That is a known bug and has a 'possible' fix in the notepad document that comes with the hack. I have never encountered it before during my testing so it is somewhat hard to fix but I have implemented a possible solution in the next beta.

amazing, ima play this, see you in 3 weeks :P

Three weeks? I hope you have fun with it.

The updates are looking good! I love the farm tiles! :)

Thanks for the compliments, man.

Hey, this hack looks AMAZING. It's clear that you know what you're doing (either that or you're keeping up a convincing facade) because the hard work put into this hack is evident in the first post already, and I can sense there is a great level of quality.

...One thing though. Do you plan on keeping those HG/SS tiles? Because they look hideous, and aren't fit for a GBA game at all. They look incredibly out of place and are an eyesore. e.e

Yeah, you've caught me. None of these screens are real and I'm a giant fraud :P

I'm in a completely different frame of mind from you - Every tile that I've put in Lilac has met my personal tastes and I've done my best to match them all up. I don't think you've realised that I'm doing a total graphical overhaul so I in can steer the look in any way I want and break free from stereotypical/ default tiles for GBA based hacks. It is a little too late to ask me to change tile preferences when I'm this far into the project, especially since it can take quite some time to insert tiles correctly and efficiently. Besides, surely 'hideous' and 'eyesore' are a little extreme in terms of describing this, right?

Thanks for your comment :)

Last edited:

Shiny Dunsparce

SummerFeuer on P.G.L
Years
  • Age 33
  • FL
  • Seen Aug 5, 2014
Tried playing the Beta 1.1 and I can't. Whenever I try to open it in my VBA I get an error msg and it immediately shuts down. Or, do I not use VBA and use No$GBA instead?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Tried playing the Beta 1.1 and I can't. Whenever I try to open it in my VBA I get an error msg and it immediately shuts down. Or, do I not use VBA and use No$GBA instead?

You've extracted the files from the .rar folder and applied the patch to an untouched BPRE Fire Red ROM, right?

I use VBA so that definitely shouldn't be a problem.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey everybody, I'm back with another update because I roll that way. This time rather than just plopping a few screenshots in a post I decided to make a video to demonstrate one of Lilac's major new features: a functioning version of the game Blackjack that will be in use at the Game Corner.

This demonstrates my largest and most complex script in Pokemon Lilac by far. In its simplest terms, you get to play Blackjack with three computer opponents, winning coins for use in the Game Corner. Eventually if you play enough games you will be able to bet MASSIVE amounts of money, allowing you to quickly make or break your fortune. While it isn't perfect in that you can't split your cards in the event that you receive two of a kind, Aces are still counted as either 1 or 11 and the infamous beat-em-all Blackjack hand still reigns supreme. I also take you on a short tour of Harmond City, the largest city in the Lowen Region, though many of its scripts and events are yet to be completed.

While this is the last city that is going to be present in Beta 2, there are still quite a lot of things that I have to go back and add/ fix so don't assume that the beta is coming out next week or something as there is now way that could ever be possible :P

Years
Because that script makes me feel so inferior I'm going to pretend I know what I'm talking about and say that it's really awesome but the graphics could be worked on: specifically the cards. They look more like metal slabs then paper cards: I think just white rectangles with a little bit of shading would look better. But, that's a really minor thing and this is so awesome so I'm gonna go and cry myself to sleep in a corner now bye.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Wow, Blackjack looks amazing! I've always wanted to be able to play a fun game at the Game Corner, as earning coins was always such a chore (slots, roulette, no thanks)! I do have one question: if one player gets 21 using less than 5 cards, and another gets a five card trick without going bust, will the player with the 5 card trick win? And with the same situation, but instead of a 5 card trick the player gets a royal pontoon (ace+jack/queen/king), have you scripted it so this player wins? Also, this is pretty minor, and it won't be a problem is you cannot implement it, but will there be the ability to 'buy' a card (increasing the bet size in return for a card)? As I said, this is insignificant since Blackjack already looks amazing, and playing the beta and seeing Harmond City has got me really excited for this game! :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Spoiler:

I think this might just be the greatest idea that's been implemented into a hack. I envy your hack. I'm not sure whether to love you or to hate you because of that.

Seriously, you've made your amazing hack even more amazing :D

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Eventually if you play enough games you will be able to bet MASSIVE amounts of money, allowing you to quickly make or break your fortune.

While this is the last city that is going to be present in Beta 2, there are still quite a lot of things that I have to go back and add/ fix so don't assume that the beta is coming out next week or something as there is now way that could ever be possible :P

It looks even better then I dreamed it would! :D Lol. Seriously though, that's a fine piece of scripting. Did you ever find out what was causing/how to fix the bug you were telling me about, or is that one of the things you have to fix later? Also, exactly how much money is MASSIVE amounts? I'd love to be able to go all in.

How are you gonna post this awesome update, and then pretty much say the beta isn't going to be out for a while :( Haha. That to a Pokefan is like telling a random person you'll give them $1,000,000, just not right now. OK, maybe it's not that bad, but still. I love the town too, by the way. Solid stuff. How long would you say you've spent inserting tiles all together?

Back