• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

❆Welcome to the Gym, Time to Test Your Might❆ (Gym Leaders' Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
Yes, I wouldn't mind more multi-typed Gym Leaders. Though, the whole point of gyms is to defeat a certain specific type itself in order to obtain a badge. I suppose it could work. They would just have to use Pokemon like StunFisk and such. Though, I think it would be tricky matching Pokemon with secondary types with the type of gym it would be, considering isn't a large ratio of multi-type Pokemon out there.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Would you like to see more various-type Gym Leaders? (Ex: Blue)

I......would rather see more single-type Pokemon Gym Leaders. Having more various-type leaders makes things less challenging. That way I can plan which Pokemon I can use and how I'm going to defeat the leader. With a various-type leader, I usually just jump in without preparing myself and that's where I end up losing. :|

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
About the topic, of course, but I'd rather have its style somewhat like the kanto gym leaders on 2nd Gen games. Having a various type leader makes it more challenging, well for me because I prefer fighting without using type advantages(which explains why I like attributes better).

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
If anyone has seen the Anime with Ash and Misty traveling to the Orange League to meet up with Tracey, this should be an interesting question:

Which of the Orange League's Gym Leader Battle was your favorite? Explain.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
These are amazing userbars. Thanks a bunches. They are uploaded to the main post.

Are you going to create the userbars for the newer Unova leaders? Just out of curiosity.

Well yeah, I love to make userbars for newer Unova leaders, but I gotta wait the official release of BW 2 for their sprites. I've seen Homika's sprite, now I gotta wait for Shizui's sprite, Elesa's new look sprite and Cheren's new look sprite. :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Well yeah, I love to make userbars for newer Unova leaders, but I gotta wait the official release of BW 2 for their sprites. I've seen Homika's sprite, now I gotta wait for Shizui's sprite, Elesa's new look sprite and Cheren's new look sprite. :D
I can't wait to check out Elesa's new sprite, although I wonder if the sprite of hers will have her coat on or not. Mmm

NEW TOPIC:

Ignoring Koga & Wallace, which Gym Leader(s) is worthy to be an Elite Four or Champion? Explain your reasoning.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
According to the latest scans from CoroCoro, Elesa's sprite was featured in one of the game screenies. She will have the coat on. Though as a HUGE fan of her new look, I can't wait to use them as a future theme of mine! <333

Ignoring Koga & Wallace, which Gym Leader(s) is worthy to be an Elite Four or Champion? Explain your reasoning.

Tie between Lt. Surge and Sabrina on this one, since both of them proved their very best in battles both Anime-wise and in the games. You can't really beat both of them in just one time, right?

Though...I believe Elesa also has a slim chance of becoming part of the E4, judging by how tough she is to battle with, and her Pokemon are really rough to beat.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013

My answer would go for Fantina. I've battled her, and her pokemon's level and strength are a bit of too strong for a gym leader(but not champion). If I were to replace an elite 4, that would be Bertha.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

My answer would go for Fantina. I've battled her, and her pokemon's level and strength are a bit of too strong for a gym leader(but not champion). If I were to replace an elite 4, that would be Bertha.

According to the latest scans from CoroCoro, Elesa's sprite was featured in one of the game screenies. She will have the coat on. Though as a HUGE fan of her new look, I can't wait to use them as a future theme of mine! <333

Tie between Lt. Surge and Sabrina on this one, since both of them proved their very best in battles both Anime-wise and in the games. You can't really beat both of them in just one time, right?

Though...I believe Elesa also has a slim chance of becoming part of the E4, judging by how tough she is to battle with, and her Pokemon are really rough to beat.
Interesting choices. Although I'd have to go with Clair on this one. She was mighty powerful and has the ability to be an Elite Four, not sure about champion since she wasn't exactly up to competing against Lance in my opinion. She sure has an attitude like some Elite Four members.

Where is everyone?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

Whitney, cause really whose harder to beat in game then her and her Miltank! I think this makes her deserving of a place in the E4, plus a normal trainer in the E4 would be super interesting.

Clair could also make the cut but her region already has a dragon champion and I think two may be a bit much..

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Name: Symbonite
Your Gym Leader: Byron
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules): Steelix and Bastiodon
Why have you joined to be trained: I loved the idea of Gym Leaders since R/B/Y. And a majority of them have given me a battle that I always remember.

I would have to say Sabrina. She's a really tough opponent, and has proved such Anime wise and game wise.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Welcome to the club, Symbonite, hope you'll have fun.

Uhm, I'd say either Sabrina or Whitney. Both gym leaders were tough opponents, and had well trained Pokémon, and good strategies as far as the AI brain goes. While Sabrina relies on her complete team to finish off the player, with as an addition a few of the Pokémon are stronger than others, her battle can wage on for a while if you're not prepared, as well as, if I remember correctly, her Hypnosis attacks are a real pain in the butt.

Whitney on the other hand is mainly tough because of her Miltank, though Clefairy should also be aknowledged. If you used male Pokémon against her Clefairy, the attract would just be a constant annoyance untill it was finally finished off, and Double Slap can really damage you by that time. Though after that pain has been taken care of, she sends out her ever so annoying Miltank to dominate you with a combination of Rollout and Milk Drink, which has left me raging many times ;) Only thing that she would need to be qualified for the E4 team would be more Pokémon, as a team of 2 Pokémon can't really cut it for that position.

So yeah, both have unique battle styles, and both are equally effective, so yeah.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I think that Volkner would make a good fit in the Elite Four. He was extremely difficult for me and I would have lost if not for my Dialga. Aside from him, I think that Fantina would also make a good elite four. Her team was annoying yet powerful and she used them collectively, kinda like what Olli said about Sabrina.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Whitney, cause really whose harder to beat in game then her and her Miltank! I think this makes her deserving of a place in the E4, plus a normal trainer in the E4 would be super interesting.

Clair could also make the cut but her region already has a dragon champion and I think two may be a bit much..
Only a weakness from Fighting type, Normal Type can be a very tough challenge. Whitney would be an amazing Elite Four member herself!
Name: Symbonite
Your Gym Leader: Byron
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules): Steelix and Bastiodon
Why have you joined to be trained: I loved the idea of Gym Leaders since R/B/Y. And a majority of them have given me a battle that I always remember.

I would have to say Sabrina. She's a really tough opponent, and has proved such Anime wise and game wise.
Welcome to the club Symbonite! Sorry it took a while to get you updated, but you're in! Don't be shy to post new topics/discussions if you have any questions! Also I agree, Sabrina, aka my all-time favorite Gym Leader, was not only strong, but scary in the Anime! She's proven her wrath as a gym leader.
Welcome to the club, Symbonite, hope you'll have fun.

Uhm, I'd say either Sabrina or Whitney. Both gym leaders were tough opponents, and had well trained Pokémon, and good strategies as far as the AI brain goes. While Sabrina relies on her complete team to finish off the player, with as an addition a few of the Pokémon are stronger than others, her battle can wage on for a while if you're not prepared, as well as, if I remember correctly, her Hypnosis attacks are a real pain in the butt.

Whitney on the other hand is mainly tough because of her Miltank, though Clefairy should also be aknowledged. If you used male Pokémon against her Clefairy, the attract would just be a constant annoyance untill it was finally finished off, and Double Slap can really damage you by that time. Though after that pain has been taken care of, she sends out her ever so annoying Miltank to dominate you with a combination of Rollout and Milk Drink, which has left me raging many times ;) Only thing that she would need to be qualified for the E4 team would be more Pokémon, as a team of 2 Pokémon can't really cut it for that position.

So yeah, both have unique battle styles, and both are equally effective, so yeah.
I'm surprised you didn't say Clair :( I mean, both Lance and Clair has a history, and Clair has a Kingdra as devastating Pokemon. You don't think she's Elite Four material?
I think that Volkner would make a good fit in the Elite Four. He was extremely difficult for me and I would have lost if not for my Dialga. Aside from him, I think that Fantina would also make a good elite four. Her team was annoying yet powerful and she used them collectively, kinda like what Olli said about Sabrina.
Interesting. I found Dialga/Palkia a bit shady to capture during/before finishing the final gym battles. I mean, it's like using Mewtwo in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow from facing Brock to Giovanni. Kind of disappointing at that.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Interesting. I found Dialga/Palkia a bit shady to capture during/before finishing the final gym battles. I mean, it's like using Mewtwo in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow from facing Brock to Giovanni. Kind of disappointing at that.

IKR. It should be like in BW, where it's your reward for beating everyone. Though you could catch Cobalion and all those Pokes first

Crescend

Breeder
Years
Name: Crescend
My Gym Leader: Maylene
2 Partner Pokemon: Lucario and Gallade
Why have you joined to be trained: This club needs love for the fighting types too :< I might not be completely unbiased on this though, practicing taekwondo in real life x) honestly though I wasn't a big fan of fighting types until 4th gen, when these psychic fighters were introduced such as medicham, gallade and lucario. it's like the best of both worlds, the physical prowess of fighting and the powerful mind of a psychic type. Oh and I chose Maylene specifically because she breaks the mold by being the first female fighting gym leader, and very young for that. Despite struggling to meet the expectations of what a gym leader should be, she has a certain strength of will to push forward which I find admirable.

Well I'd vote for grown-up Iris, dragon types are reaally powerful with high base stats and are only really weak to themselves and the rare ice type. Due to resisting all the base elements, these guys are the bane of all the starters ^^

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'm surprised you didn't say Clair :( I mean, both Lance and Clair has a history, and Clair has a Kingdra as devastating Pokemon. You don't think she's Elite Four material?
To be honest, after I finished my post, Clair did come to mind. I mean, including those two, who are decently strong gym leaders, and then not including Clair may seem a bit weird, I know. Though I mainly thought that Clair was like supposed to be strong, supposed to be the final test before facing the ultimate challenge, so while she may very well be E4 material, I just think she's already close enough to E4 level to count, if you know what I mean.
Looking at this logically though, yes, she is most certainly fit to be an Elite 4 member.

As for her Kingdra; I don't remember much of the battle, actually. I do recall her Kingdra being an ultimate pain in the everloving behind, however I don't remember much in detail. I think I usually had the most trouble with her Dragonair's actually, though that was just me being a noob, and not raising my team properly.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Crescend
My Gym Leader: Maylene
2 Partner Pokemon: Lucario and Gallade
Why have you joined to be trained: This club needs love for the fighting types too :< I might not be completely unbiased on this though, practicing taekwondo in real life x) honestly though I wasn't a big fan of fighting types until 4th gen, when these psychic fighters were introduced such as medicham, gallade and lucario. it's like the best of both worlds, the physical prowess of fighting and the powerful mind of a psychic type. Oh and I chose Maylene specifically because she breaks the mold by being the first female fighting gym leader, and very young for that. Despite struggling to meet the expectations of what a gym leader should be, she has a certain strength of will to push forward which I find admirable.

Well I'd vote for grown-up Iris, dragon types are reaally powerful with high base stats and are only really weak to themselves and the rare ice type. Due to resisting all the base elements, these guys are the bane of all the starters ^^
Welcome to the club! So you say Iris? Interesting. What about Drayden?

Time to put in your own words for...
NEW TOPIC!

What do you think are the requirements to be a Gym Leader?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back