• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Oh my gosh I really need to get into shiny breeding. xD It's really easy for me to get the right Pokémon since I have the Spanish version of the game and everyone I know has the English version. :D I really need to get working on a shiny Eevee.
133.png
134.png
135.png
136.png
196.png
197.png
470.png
471.png

Keep workin'! You will soon have this:
131.png

I've just hatched an awesome Porygon and I'm EVing it now. :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Oh wow, shiny Vaporeon looks amazinggg. But still I love Umbreon, blue shinies just look great!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
O_o Those aren't the BW sprites, WHERE DO THEY COME FROM? Flareon looks best there, btw. :x

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
O_o Those aren't the BW sprites, WHERE DO THEY COME FROM? Flareon looks best there, btw. :x

All of those sprites Ineffable posted came from HG/SS. Out of all those, I like Umbreon's sprite best.

As for me, the only shiny I obtained through breeding was Chansey in Platinum (which I trained into Blissey, but sadly, I lost it).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wait you 'lost' it? I think that deserves a bit of explanation, lol.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I never got a shiny,other than the Red Gyarados TT.TT
Speaking about losses,I once accidentally traded my Dialga over an Abosmanow,a hacked one,no less ...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I still haven't got any shinies, despite trying to breed for a Lillipup but so much effort so... :x

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Toujours's topic sparks heated debate.
Yes, the world exists outside of BW. xD They're actually the ACTION sprites from HGSS, so for instance in the short animation Umbreon has after coming out of its Pokéball, it stretches out its front paws and bears its teeth, then returns back to its normal standing position.
ACTION sprite:
197.png

I've got plenty of shinnies in my time. I once caught a shiny Gyarados... not at the Lake of Rage though, so useless.
That sounds like the worst luck ever. D: I've only ever caught three shinies by random encounter, and those were Zubat, Tentacool and Klink . . . painfully common. xD The Zubat and Tentacool also have stunningly horrible natures and IVs so I'm not really going to think about using them in battle. :c

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I encountered a shiny Pokemon once. Well, more than once. But I don't really care about shinies because I don't trade nor do I really enjoy their appearance. I do like Red Gyarados though. :3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I haven't encountered a Shiny since Graveler in either FR/LG. I remember I killed a shiny Zigzagoon, and released my Shiny Makuhita for some reason.

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I caught a shiny Purugly, and Amoongus :3 All the rest of my shinies I got from trades...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I haven't encountered shiny Pokémon ever. And I think that they are ugly at their shiny form. Especially Magikarp or Geodude. Shiny Pokémon are just as good as normal Pokémon with no special abilities. But there are cool shinies too.

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I haven't encountered shiny Pokémon ever. And I think that they are ugly at their shiny form. Especially Magikarp or Geodude. Shiny Pokémon are just as good as normal Pokémon with no special abilities. But there are cool shinies too.

It is exciting to see one in the wild though ^^

Magica

Miss Magic
Years
I've encountered a fair few shinies in my games.
Disregarding the Red Gyarados, my first was a Shiny Lunatone in Meteor Falls back in my version of Sapphire. It's now on my Black version.

With Platinum, I used the Pokeradar and with a lot of patience snagged a shiny Shinx and Budew (both of which I evolved).

I've gotten another several through trades (Milotic, Starmie, Mienshao, etc), but those are the ones I've gotten for myself. :)

Although I agree, they really aren't all they're cracked up to be, it's just a color change, and people shouldn't feel bad if they haven't gotten any.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
A friend of mine said that he once found a Shiny Poochyena on RSE first battle ...
Talk about bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back