• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Got a 3DS/3DS XL?

Got a 3DS/3DS XL

• Already did!

Votes: 88 68.2%
  • Not yet!

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • Never will!

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Not yet. I'll be buying one either next month or in September. Can't wait to get mine. I'm itching to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf!!

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I bought mine back when the 3DS was first release and never bought any games since I knew there would be a Pokemon game out for it eventually.

Crystalanachrony

ℱ a e r i e . ℚ u e e n
Years
Well, I bought a 3DS XL and happened to preorder Pokémon Y in the same trip, so there you are. Though I technically bought the machine for Animal Crossing: New Leaf...

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I bought mine back in August 2011. It was not too long after the major price drop so I decided to take advantage. I also knew that a lot of great games would be released in the future and, inevitably, the 6th Gen. of Pokémon would be a 3DS exclusive.

P.S. Blue 3DS uzers rule!!1!1

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have not yet got one. I was orginally going to wait till the pokemon games came out, and see if there was any special ones, but there are a few games that I want.

(If this is showing up longer for everyone else, I do not know why and sorry.)

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
I bought mine back in August 2011. It was not too long after the major price drop so I decided to take advantage. I also knew that a lot of great games would be released in the future and, inevitably, the 6th Gen. of Pokémon would be a 3DS exclusive.

P.S. Blue 3DS uzers rule!!1!1

Not as much as Pikachu 3DS users. Real fans get every piece of memorabilia, no matter how trivial.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I got my 3DS back when the first series was released. I needed a new DS anyhow, and I knew that some day, Pokemon will be moving on to the 3DS. It was only a matter of when.

Real fans get every piece of memorabilia, no matter how trivial.
Haha, I'm too poor to get all the various designs for the 3DS I want. Looks like I'll never be a true fan.
negativeman-55f.png

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
No, I had bought a 3DS abut a year and a half ago. If I didn't have a 3DS yet, I definitely would buy one for X and Y.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
I got my 3DS back when the first series was released. I needed a new DS anyhow, and I knew that some day, Pokemon will be moving on to the 3DS. It was only a matter of when.

Haha, I'm too poor to get all the various designs for the 3DS I want. Looks like I'll never be a true fan.
negativeman-55f.png

It's fine. Half the Pokemon stuff out there is only available in Japan. Don't feel bad. If I followed my own logic, I'm not a true fan either. But I try my hardest.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
ill get one eventually. most likely when the prices go down, and X & Y have been released. BUT if i cannot transfer my pokemon from my gen V i won't even bother buying it for a long time after.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I got a 3DS as soon as it came out....I kinda regretted it afterwards since it hasn't been until this year that it's really paid off to own a 3DS.

It's partly why I haven't gone for a Wii U yet, I'll probably wait until a few more desirable games come out for it. (like Monolith softs game and Smash Bros) The only desirable game (for me) so far is Pikmin 3...and I'm not getting a console for just one game.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I got a blue 3DS XL last year on my birthday! Living in Australia the colour choice was kind of limited. I wouldn't have gotten it just for Pokemon X & Y though. I probably won't be getting the game at all.

Years
I got an XL for Christmas, methinks. Very worthwhile investment.. can't believe I almost didn't get it because I figured I'd never use the thing.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I got one and I recommend dumping your DS if you can't use Pal Park for some reason... 3DS better in every way.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
Years
Got a nice red once already. I knew sooner or later any Pokemon games that they would make would only work on a 3DS; since that's how they roll. I figured I should just get the thing, since I had the money to do so, and wait on the inevitable new Pokemon games!

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I'm getting a 3DS XL in September and I've pre-ordered Y now. Can't wait! :P

xavient

GameboyLuke
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I genuinely bought a 3DS XL just for X & Y - I'm also playing a few 3DS games and getting into Black 2 too, though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
ill get one eventually. most likely when the prices go down, and X & Y have been released. BUT if i cannot transfer my pokemon from my gen V i won't even bother buying it for a long time after.

There is no scheduled price drop. The next one most likely won't happen until the next gen console comes out. So you may be waiting 3 or 4 years after X and Y release. This is pretty much a maximum estimate.

As for myself I got the blue 3DS when they were $250 and enjoyed every moment of it. There was never such thoughts as This isn't worth the money I paid for it...then when the price was cut I got 20 free games making life so much better~

I snatched a Pikachu 3DS when it was released. None of this planned for Pokemon X and Y. I tend to buy the next console as soon as I can since I'm an avid gamer and have to stay on top of what's new in the gaming community. I've held off on the Wii U but really can't much longer, once I get my college tuition sorted away I'm buying the Wii U and the PS4. Don't really plan on getting the Xbox 1 as none of the games appeal to me yet, but I may get one in the near future.

Back