• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Hack Name is Pokemon Firered Expanded Edition

Its a base of Pokemon Firered

My plan was to make Pokemon Firered harder then it is and to expand the Sevil Islands so it makes a new region

Its about 0/1 done, I have done the first town

My skills are mapping and basic scripting

I would need tile creators, spriters, composers, scripters, mappers,world map designer and a ASM editor. I would like some help also in learning how to do advance scripting and to do good map

This ROM hack is meant to expand on Firered and include things not found in the game, But please keep it to kanto pokemon to after the league

You can contact me via PM or on the thread light productions once its approved

Anyone who wants to apply can sign-up at the thread:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258375

or PM :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Team orange island

Hack name:
Pokémon Archipelago

Hack of:
Fire Red

Additional information about the hack:
The hack is about a person that wants to learn about pokemon and travel the world. The person is going to compete in the orange league with only 4 gyms.
Finished percentage:
1% (story only)

Your hacking skills:
mapping and simple talk scripts.

What help or skill you're looking for:
Scripting
Tile-editors
Overworld editors
trainersprite editor

I want to contact with everybody on msn or facebook because it's easier to talk to eachother.

Fortunado

Prof. Hemlock is busy now...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
Hack name: Pokémon Garnet (Working title, subject to change)

Hack of: Fire Red

Finished percentage:0.01%

Your hacking skills: Moderate to advanced scripting, moderate mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripters, Mappers, and Graphic Artists

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Dark Past

Additional information about the hack: Different Time Periods Through-Out The Game

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapping

Additional contact information: PM or VM

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
Hack name: Pokemon CrimsonGlory

Additional information about the hack: New Feautures DNS and much more!

Finished percentage: 20%?

Your hacking skills: Spriting,Mapping,Beginner Scripter

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting!,Ow SPRITER

Additional contact information: PM or VM

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Hack name: Pokemon Peridot

Additional information about the hack:Explore the new region of Narrin, discover the mystery behind the pokemon league. After main plot travel to an archipelago for several new adventures.

Finished percentage: 0% of progress done to rom, but I have created almost all necessary tiles and sprites for the hack.

Your hacking skills: Mapping, intermediate scripting, nse, tile inserting, tile spriting, storyline writer

What help or skill you're looking for: A Partner willing to learn almost every area of hacking with me. we will learn everything to an advanced level and even learn Hex and Asm.

Additional contact information: [email protected], PM me if interested

cheshirecat

A Tad Insane
Years
Hack name: Pokemon: Fire Red

Hack of: Pokemon: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: There's one major change to the game, nothing at all with the over-arching story. I can explain the hack more one on one.

Finished percentage: 60%

Your hacking skills: I'm mainly a graphic designer but I can handle my self around low to mid level scripts. The complex scripting confuses me.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need help with scripts, or to know if they're even possible to pull off (I'm relatively sure they are). I do need someone who knows a good amount about scripting.

Additional contact information: PM me, email me, or IM me. See my profile for the info.

Additional information: This is a relatively small job and shouldn't take too long.

ruup20

Gonna splash everybody!
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Limegreen

Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack: A few maps done and some tiles inserted.

Finished percentage: 10% or less

Your hacking skills: Mapper, tile inserter, sprite inserter and some more.

What help or skill you're looking for: OW inserter, scripter, music inserter, a good mapper and maybe a tile maker.

Additional contact information: I think just PM me

Additional information: It's a lot of work to do.

lynndaquil

Octopus in training
Years
Hack name: Pokemon: Cracked Facade

Hack of: Pokemon R/S/E

Well, I haven't really gotten anything done except for the story and a few other basic things. You play as a Banette, trying to find (and/or punish) the girl who abandoned you as a doll many years ago. Of course, being a possessed doll, exorcists are trying to stop you and whatnot.

Finished percentage: 1 - 2 Percent.

Your hacking skills: I'm better with the scripting/plot than anything, though i'm decent with mapping. No scripting skills whatsoever :U

What help or skill you're looking for: spriters and scripters, maybe a mapper?

Additional contact information: message me here, or on my email [email protected]

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
Hack name: Shattered Prism (Pending)

Additional information about the hack: It's in really early stages I just really have the idea and a rough story line.

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: Pretty Basic, Pretty much no Scripting experience.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting and Spriting mainly but any help is welcome and appreciated.

Additional contact information: PM Me

Additional information: If you have any questions ask

Years
Hack name:
Pokemon Battle Cry!
Hack of:
Fire Red
Just startin' out! The Team name is Meteora though
Finished percentage:
0.0% Starting
Your hacking skills:
Mapping and Spriting
What help or skill you're looking for:
Maps, Sprites, Music, Tiles, Scripts, Story Writer, and etc.
Additional contact information:
My Pm or Skype (JinRazielGames)
Additional information:
None else. Please join us, it will be a good game.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
My hack: (Unnamed)
Base: FireRed
Idea/Storyline: The player is awoken in an operating theater where they've been taken and experimented on. Their quest is to escape the test facility and traverse the dystopia the world has become in search of the various people of power in the region.

-THE GAME WILL FOCUS HEAVILY ON DEVIOUS PUZZLES AND THE POKEMON THE PLAYER IS ALLOWED TO USE BEING UNCONTROLLABLE AT TIMES.

This isn't a conventional pokemon game and will test the player using pokemon they may never have tried, and an intense storyline not dissimilar to that of Portal. However the enemy is larger and more evil.

My skills : Mapping, basic scripting, Spriting, Inserting Sprites.

Percent completion : Not started.

Looking for : Someone to help me prepare the fireRed rom to begin hacking.
(replacing the Oak introduction and changing the initial spawn point mainly, although any additional scripting help would be appreciated, thanks!

PM me here or E-Mail [email protected]

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I made a Team thread about these, but it hasn't been approved yet.

Hack name: Pokemon Coral or Magma (Counterparts)
Hack of: Ruby
Additional information about the hack: There's a new region named Sentou where you begin your journey. There are 163 new Pokemon along with a new team named Team Slaughter.
Finished Percentage: 0%
Your hacking skills: Mapping (Beginner), Pokemon Editor (Advanced), Item Editor (Beginner)
What help or skill your looking for: Practically everything.
Additional contact information: I'll only respond to PMs or posts in the team thread (When approved) or here.
Additional information: There's a thread about Sentou here: http://forum.pokestadium.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2173

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
I know this is the exact opposite of what this thread was designed for but here goes anyway...

I have had a 2 month break from mapping and am looking to get back into things, so If you need anything mapping hit me up with a Vm or get in touch via skype: [email protected]

If your after proof of work search Pokemon Rumble Rock...

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hack name: Pokémon DarkViolet

Hack of: Pokémon Ruby

Additional information about the hack: The art style used for the Pokémon sprites in this hack will match that of the 4th and 5th Gen games.

Finished percentage
: 1%

Your hacking skills
: Spriting, mapping, scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriting. I've assembled 210 80x80 Pokémon sprites (420 if you include backsprites), and shrunk them all to 64x64. However, all spriters know that when you shrink a sprite it gets all distorted and you have to manually clean it up, pixel by pixel. So far I've only cleaned up 72/210 Pokémon that are needed (I began this process in April). I would really appreciate it if I could get some help cleaning up the remaining sprites to speed up this process.

If you're interested in helping, send me a PM or a VM. You will be included in the credits.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Hack name: Pokémon Red Updated

This ROM hack is a hack of: Pokemon Silver

Additional information about the hack: Well as you probably already guessed, this hack will be a updated version of the original B/R on the Silver platform. With of course many new things such as traveling to Johto this time around. I've always wanted to play the older games on the 2nd gen engine. Help me make it a reality please!

Finished percentage: 0.1% I've changed the Pokemon that Oak shows in the intro and the hero sprite to Red in the intro. I've also changed the Hero sprite to match that of Red's.

Your hacking skills: Well since this is a GBC hack, I'll have to say my skills for the GBA era are far superior to that of the 1st/2nd gen games. But I can hex edit some, map, work on the sprites and a couple of other little things for the older era.

What help or skill you're looking for: I'm just looking for a couple of hex editors that are good with the gbc games. I have the table with the language so that when you load the game in the hex editor you can understand what is being said. Such as looking for a specifc trainer or pokemon. Also inserting a couple of sprites is needed. Basically I need a couple of people who are good or experienced with the GBC games.

Additional contact information:Additional information: Well I think things are self explanatory here. If you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or email me. Thanks, and I hope to see a few guys get interested soon.

Years
  • VA
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
Hack name: Pokemon Yin and Yang Version

Hack of: Emerald

Finished percentage: 0.2

Your hacking skills: I'm learning how to map right now. I can also do basic message scripts.

What help or skill you're looking for: Right now i just need someone to help with the storyline.

Additional contact information: PM or IM

Additional information:

shiny insanamon

insane trainer/pokemon
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Shadow Version

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Pokemon came to earth a few years back on a meteorite. Inside was a dark force that eventually turned into a Pokemon itself : SHADOW RAYQUAZA! Also this mysterious dark energy corrupted some humans with dark power (these replace the gym leaders and team rocket). Also, as a fun little twist instead of pokeballs, we get crystal balls :)

Finished percentage: 10-15%

Your hacking skills: I can do some mapping, scripting and most of the plot.

What help or skill you're looking for: Some more mappers, people to help with ideas, beta testers, SCRIPTERS, 1-2 spriters.

Additional contact information: PM me or email at [email protected]

Additional information: I like Rayquaza in case you have not figured that out yet.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Hack name: Pokemon Burnt Orange

Additional information about the hack: I'm planning on making this a "remake" of Fire Red with a new 150-151 Regional Pokemon with changes to the rest of the game to add depth to the newness.

Finished percentage: 20% (I've already got all the new mechanics inserted and tested. Most of the remaining work is the new pokemon.)

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriters (Essential), Scripter (Not Necessary, but having more ability than myself would be nice)

Additional contact information: PM me here, I'm also on the Nuzlocke forums, you can hit me up on AIM as Flarephoenix332 (Say something about this help wanted post in your first message), or you can email me at [email protected]

Additional information: Spriter should be willing to work on pokemon I don't want to budge on, but also willing to throw out ideas and debate in the stat/movepool side of creative.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
Hack name:pokemon Carnelian

Hack of:ruby

Additional information about the hack: based on (fakemon) terin and terni

Finished percentage:0.1%

Your hacking skills:mapping,spriting,all except scripting

What help or skill you're looking for:scripting and possibly some spriting (fakemon)

Additional contact information:pm me, visitor message me, or pm me and ill tell you my cell # to text me

Additional information:im mainly looking for a scriper one that can make all kinds of scripts. and for the spriter hopefully someone who can make a great fakemon in 64 by 64 only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back