• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strongest & Weakest Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
In your own opinion, which Pokemon would you say is the strongest Pokemon and which Pokemon would you say is the Weakest Pokemon and why?
Also, who is the strongest & weakest Pokemon on your team, it can be ANY game.
(Not Including Legenderies)

Strongest Pokemon:
Garchomp, why? Because it has really high stats (especially Attack) and can learn some awesome moves.

Weakest Pokemon:
Magikarp, I'm sure the majority of you would agree with me on this as it is near enough useless.

but what's your opinion?

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
WRONG!

Garchomp may be mighty, but it goes down like a fly upon contact with an ice attack.

And magikarp isn't the most pathetic thing around either. That title goes to Sunkern, who has a much lower base stat, paired with the fact that at least Magikarp is hearty and able to withstand many times more physical abuse then the puny sprouting, not to mention the karp's flailing powers!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But that puny little sprout can beat Magikarp. It has a much better moveset. The weakest Pokemon has to be Caterpie. It has Tackle and String Shot. Even Weedle is better and can Poison opponents. As for strongest, we all know Smeargle is the best. Okay, I'm totally going by looks and awesomeness for that. I don't really have an opinion on the strongest Pokemon because I think all of them have a potential, even the little Caterpie I just criticized.

dooxer

42 or not 42
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
caterpie is, at base stats and movesets, probably the worst.

Igotta say that the best it... by my own personal bias... Flygon. same problem as garchomp, but he just looks powerfull, cute and awesome all in one pokemon.
and you know what they say, garchomp was just a repeated flygon, 'cause he was so AWESOME. :D

330.gif
330.gif
330.gif

Last edited:

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
Years
In My Opinion, Salamence (even with the same problems as Flygon and Garchomp) is the strongest. Ditto is the weakest, if you think about it, it transforms into the pokemon its fighting, which doesn't really give it an advantage.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
Ditto is the weakest, if you think about it, it transforms into the pokemon its fighting, which doesn't really give it an advantage.
Totally depends on the actual Pokémon it copies. Dragon is weak to Dragon, and I know it likes to hit my Sneasel with Steel Claw once in a while.

In my Ruby game, Ralts is currently my weakest, since it's really low-leveled and only knows Growl and Confusion. Ironically, Gallade is probably my strongest, but he's tied with both of my Luxrays who do pretty well. Since my EV-trained 'ray has Ice Fang, even Ground moves don't get very far, which is his only weakness.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
But that puny little sprout can beat Magikarp. It has a much better moveset.

Bounce and higher base speed. I win.

The weakest Pokemon has to be Caterpie. It has Tackle and String Shot. Even Weedle is better and can Poison opponents.

Can Weedle Snore? Didn't think so. And Caterpie has higher base stats and Bug Bite as well.

As for strongest, we all know Smeargle is the best. Okay, I'm totally going by looks and awesomeness for that. I don't really have an opinion on the strongest Pokemon because I think all of them have a potential, even the little Caterpie I just criticized.

No, not everything has potential.

Kyogre is the best by far. Water Spout + Thunder + Ice Beam + Surf = you scrambling to find something to beat it.

Unown is the worst. Yeah, it can kill things with special hidden powers, but... that's it. (IE Salamence dies to 2 Specs'd HP Ices, but I have no idea how to survive 1 attack.) It has no survivability, 1 attack (Well, that narrows the items down to 2!), and cannot evolve into something much better. Heck, even it's name says it: It's UN-OWN. The oposite of owning.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
i find arceus the strongest of them all but non-lengendary wise i think it's either Dragnite or Salamence

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
i find arceus the strongest of them all but non-lengendary wise i think it's either Dragnite or Salamence

I'm surprised it took someone so long to mention Arceus, haha. XD It has the potential to be ANY time, and Judgement (which is a pretty powerful move) will always get STAB. Cool, amirite? :D And this is without mentioning the fact that it has the highest BST.
Despite this, I completely understand that Arceus isn't unstoppable. But I would say it's the strongest Pokemon just going by what I mentioned. Personally, I'd like to think Blaziken is something that is pretty amazing- especially since it now has access to Speed Boost. It's one of my favourite Pokemon aesthetically too. :D

As for weakest, of course it's Sunkern when going by BST. I'd like to think Metapod and Kakuna caught in Viridian Forest as the weakest though. All they can do is boost their defence until they eventually get defeated. That's... pretty sad in my opinion. Of course Magikarp with only Splash is another iconic, helpless image.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Another great pokemon is Blissey. If you do the right EV training (working on the defense/sp. defense and sp. attack), it could be really strong. The moves I reccomend Blissey should have is Softboiled, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Personally, I'd like to think Blaziken is something that is pretty amazing- especially since it now has access to Speed Boost. It's one of my favourite Pokemon aesthetically too. :D

I'm glad someone else thought of Blaziken, i absolutely love that Pokemon!!
He looks awesome, has a very cool typing and can do a lot of damage in battles. Of course, no pokemon can hold the title of being the best of all, but my personal favorite is Blaziken too.

For weakest Pokemon i think that Magikarp is pretty high up the list. It's true that a Metapod caught in Viridan Forest only knows Harden, but if you actually evolve a Caterpie, that Metapod will at least know Tackle. Magikarp can learn Bounce, that's true, but if you just caught one when fishing, he only has Splash, which makes him the weakest pokemon out there imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Ditto would have to be the strongest after having the Imposter ability imho. Basically it can not only be anything it wants to be but it can potentially outshine the Pokemon it copied altogether if the player knows what they're doing.

Weakest Pokemon if you ask me is Hoppip since it's the very definition of delicate little flower lol.

11wildy

Me!
Years
How can Ditto be the strongest when it is always EQUAL to it's opponent? One of the strongest Pokemon is Chansey, with Eviolite, it just takes ALL hits easily.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Guys this thread was revived. :( Remember, don't post in a thread over a month old.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back