• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to insert HIGH QUALITY cries using Sappy (no Pokecry here)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
How can I check cry offsets of my ROM without "Pokemon Editor"? I can't find "Pokemon Game Editor" ANYWHERE. I get how the repointing and hex editing editing works, I just can't tell which cry offsets to replace... Help me, please... :( Is there an alternative, easy way to do this? Or could anyone share the program? Whenever I try to look for it in the Toolbox the website's Porigon faints LOL.

Here's the download link for PGE.
https://www.mediafire.com/?oq11a1lqtnvq5mj

I've been trying to insert new cries and so far this method was working well until I got to the hex editor part. When I search for the pointer for my new cry this is what I find:
Spoiler:

What did I do wrong? :(

I...can't see what's wrong. =/
Explanation please?

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
I thank you so so very much for this, without this, my hack would not have the feel of a brand new adventure I want it to be.
Thank you so much again.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
the version of sappy that works for me has 3 offsets that are available to change.

header, first track, and voice group.

do I need to change each of these?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I just listed the cries for Gen III/Hoenn Pokemon. I used FireRed/LeafGreen to make this list and this is not for Ruby/Sapphire but I will list them soon. The Emerald's cry table is fixed when using Gamer2020's GBAPGE and get to edit and repoint cries on Gen III/Hoenn Pokemon directly so there is no need to list it as what I did to FireRed/LeafGreen. I don't understand why Gen III/Hoenn Pokemon weren't listed accorinding to Pokedex number order. Anyways, the list is below (right after the correction and some notes).

269 - Whismur
382 - Whismur
Correction to Chaos Rush: I noticed that there are two Whismurs listed. The 269th is Spinda, not Whismur. Well, the 382nd is truly Whismur's cry.

Note: These are not offsets. They are just hex-values well very useful in searching for it. (Only if this forums supports tables, that would be appreciated.)

FireRed/LeafGreen: List of Gen III/Hoenn Pokemon Cries by Hex-Values
Spoiler:

If there are any mistakes and going to reply for corrections, just reply and I will correct it. I appreciate mistakes. I will edit and update this post later when I got the Ruby and Sapphire list. I hope this helps a lot.

Last edited:
Years
Can anyone explain me what to do with this?
cs12.userfiles. me/ f/081055170105222010046113170122161118253047146250197043/1401033191/50506438/0/cde2eae265cd4dc9812bb08cd648b75e/ Bez_�men�-spaces.ru.png
Sorry for spaces, I'm not allowed to post links.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Can anyone explain me what to do with this?
cs12.userfiles. me/ f/081055170105222010046113170122161118253047146250197043/1401033191/50506438/0/cde2eae265cd4dc9812bb08cd648b75e/ Bez_�men�-spaces.ru.png
Sorry for spaces, I'm not allowed to post links.

You need to add the cryconversiontable offset to your ini.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
Pokemon Game Editor was taken down, any other way to change pokemon cry offsets?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Yes you can :D
It's the same concept, but you need a little extra work:
you have to change it in pge, then change the directsound type to 00.

Hey, I followed the tutorial to a T, but when it comes to G3HS expanded Pokemon, how exactly do I go about changing the directsound type to 00? I can't seem to figure out what that means. :/

Pokemon Game Editor was taken down, any other way to change pokemon cry offsets?

To change cry offsets without Game Editor, it's always possible to do it manually. Each entry in the cry table appears to be composed of XX 3C 00 00 YY YY YY YY FF 00 FF 00, the XX either being 20 or 30 from what I've seen. YY YY YY YY is the pointer to your inserted cry. Each entry is C bytes long, so just multiply the hex number of the Pokemon you intend to change by C, add it to 48C914, go to this offset in your hex editor, and you should be taken to the end (not the beginning) of its entry in the cry table, meaning that the entry to the left of the text cursor is the entry you want. Replace the old pointer there with your new pointer, and you're set.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong, tho ._.)

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
If for some reason you can't use PGE to get the cries (like me, computer not compatible with it) just use A-cry to get the cry offset. It works for me :D

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Question about insertion because I'm curious: does there need to be some freespace between each cry? Does the sound run together if you don't do that?

Looking back there was a couple times when I inserted samples starting with the byte right next to where the last one ends.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Hey, I followed the tutorial to a T, but when it comes to G3HS expanded Pokemon, how exactly do I go about changing the directsound type to 00? I can't seem to figure out what that means. :/

To change cry offsets without Game Editor, it's always possible to do it manually. Each entry in the cry table appears to be composed of XX 3C 00 00 YY YY YY YY FF 00 FF 00, the XX either being 20 or 30 from what I've seen. YY YY YY YY is the pointer to your inserted cry. Each entry is C bytes long, so just multiply the hex number of the Pokemon you intend to change by C, add it to 48C914, go to this offset in your hex editor, and you should be taken to the end (not the beginning) of its entry in the cry table, meaning that the entry to the left of the text cursor is the entry you want. Replace the old pointer there with your new pointer, and you're set.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong, tho ._.)

The XX is the directsound type.. :D

Back