• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega-PIDGEOT Team building help

Megatom1993

MEGATOM
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 21, 2019
I'm trying to build a team around mega pidgeot, but sadly it's not going too well. Could someone give me a hand in building one? I don't have access to event pokemon (e.g. celebii) and I don't go into breeding pokemon pre gen 6 as the older methods take too long.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Megatom

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
You're going to have to be more specific if you want help on building a team. Is this for singles or doubles? Are you going by Smogon rules and tier system or VGC?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 1, 2020
Mega Pidgeot is normal and flying.
Maybe a Drizzle Politoed in your team so that Pidgeot's Hurricane can have perfect accuracy.
Why not have a ground type pokemon with earthquake or bulldoze and one move that takes out ice type opponents.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Mega Pidgeot is normal and flying.
Maybe a Drizzle Politoed in your team so that Pidgeot's Hurricane can have perfect accuracy.
Why not have a ground type pokemon with earthquake or bulldoze and one move that takes out ice type opponents.

1. Mega Pidgeot has No Guard, which makes all its attacks, including the normally inaccurate Hurricane, always hit their mark. Rain support is unnecessary. It also has Heat Wave, which hits Steel (and Ice) Pokemon. Ice Pokemon are rather uncommon in OU, save for Weavile, which can outspeed Mega Pidgeot and KO it.
2. Bulldoze isn't that good an attack because of its low base power. Then again, Dugtrio is a good teammate for Mega Pidgeot so it can help eliminate most Rocks and Steels that trouble Mega Pidgeot.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Weavile, maybe a Hitmonchan with Mach Punch and then it would save Mega Pidgeot.

No. Hitmonchan sucks because it's not that strong and it's not that fast either. Even then, Weavile has its own priority move in Ice Shard to outpace other priority users (save for those with Extreme Speed). Scizor is more reliable in that regard because it resists Ice Shard and can hit it with a Technician Bullet Punch (note that it won't like taking a Knock Off). Even Conkeldurr outclasses Hitmonchan, as it has more power and more bulk:

Scizor:
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit/Knock Off
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician

Conkeldurr:
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge/Ice Punch
-Knock Off/Ice Punch
EVs: 252 Atk/236 SDef/20 Spe
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Guts

or
-Drain Punch/Superpower
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch/Poison Jab
EVs: 48 HP/252 Atk/208 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force

I'd recommend learning about which Pokemon are viable and which ones aren't.

Back