• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Platinum Deluxe

Should Pokémon, that originally evolved by Happiness, Evolve by Level now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
this hack seems strange didn't you say team galactic wasn't here? why did I see Cyrus at lake verity?

Did your rival had a Pikachu? If he didn't, then I'm afraid you didn't patch your Rom (correctly).

so what you did was destroy the story and are calling it a hack? or is there a new story.

No, there is a new story, of course! *points towards the newest screenshot*

Years
it now works! (I hope it's better than platinum cuz I don't like it with the elite 4 it had me stuck for months)

oh there is a bug when you receive the running shoes, and I already forgot what it said.

yay, Cyrus i gone too! am I happy he's scary. even more in the anime, sometimes he has a Croaguk face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Thanks.

But please don't triple post. I see you are new, but instead of posting three posts at the same time, update your last post!

Yep, know about the Running Shoes-bug, with all the weird text. I'll try to update it!

Thanks for your comments.

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 7, 2020
From what I've read, this sounds like a great hack, but I haven't got around to playing it yet. I know advice and feedback coming from a rookie like me probably isn't very useful, but I'll let you know what I think. :P

EDIT: Sorry, I shouldn'tve said I'd let you know, since - being the unobservant person I am - I probably wouldn't pay attention to the good things about this game. :P But if I encounter and strange bugs... Those I will let you know about.

Last edited:

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
um the mother said bye-bye parcel !?!?
Edit: Imean since when is my name parcel and my rival's name my name.

The 'variable' names, as they are called (names that differ in each game) are all messed up, that is true. I'll try to correct that in the next version though!

From what I've read, this sounds like a great hack, but I haven't got around to playing it yet. I know advice and feedback coming from a rookie like me probably isn't very useful, but I'll let you know what I think. :P

EDIT: Sorry, I shouldn'tve said I'd let you know, since - being the unobservant person I am - I probably wouldn't pay attention to the good things about this game. :P But if I encounter and strange bugs... Those I will let you know about.

Alright, thanks a lot for playing this game!
Indeed, tell me all about the bugs you find!

Currently testing the game. All I have to do now is:
  • Test till Eterna City
  • Edit the Z coordinate from the Hiker
  • Edit the variable names

When this is done, the next version will be released!

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
Nice Update! Ima Start playing Now :P Btw Question if new ver comes should i patch it with the old ver or new rom again?

~Drak

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Nice Update! Ima Start playing Now :P Btw Question if new ver comes should i patch it with the old ver or new rom again?

~Drak

I think you should patch it with a new Rom. Then you should rename your .SAV (save file), so you can keep playing with your old save file!

Thanks a lot for playing! Please tell me what you like and what not!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Oxnite: I looked at the poll results... it's 13 Yes' and 13 No's.

I guess, it's up to you. o.o

- and I just can't wait for the next version *.*

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
POKéMON PLATINUM DELUXE
VERSION 2.0 RELEASE

I tried a new patching way this time, it's called tsukuyomi (UPS). I found it on my computer, so hey, why not try it?
If it doesn't work at all, please say it as soon as possible! I added the GUI (original) patching method as well.

RoarkAndByronBattle.png
ADoubleBattleItSeems.png
AScaryForest.png

MoreDoubleBattles.png
FishermanDoubleBattle2.png
Higher.png

What's new in Version 2.0?
  • You can play till the 5th Gym and even do the Storyline (with the originally running Galactic Grunt)!
  • All New Evolution Methods have been added!
  • A lot of bugs have been edited!
  • Please check the Bug List in the 1st post. Some Bugs can't be edited yet (for example, the 2nd Gym is still quite messy).
  • Some Events have been edited, for example the Valley Windworks Event.
  • A lot of text as been improved / edited.

[ -- DOWNLOAD BETA 2.0 GUI -- ]
[ -- DOWNLOAD BETA 2.0 UPS -- ]

Not sure which to pick? Just try the first (GUI) one.
If that one doesn't work, you can choose the second (UPS) one.

Question: I already played with the older version, do I have to start a new game now?
Answer: No! You have to do the following. You need a new, untrimmed Pokémon Platinum Rom. Now you patch that Rom. After you patched that Rom with Version 2, you have to rename you .SAV file, so it matches the patched .ROM file!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Yeahhh!!! Version 2!

I'm gonna start playing this right away! And like always... I'll be the first to spot some bugs! >: D

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Oxnite: You decreased the level of the Ninetales who belongs to ... er... the girl who helps you in Eterna Forest! D: It's level 21 now, when it used to be 24. Q.Q

Years
[FONT=&quot]Downloaded and patched successfully using UPS. Thanks for making the new patching method available![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I haven't played that much yet, so I'm sure that any big bugs that I come across will have already been brought to your attention by people who were playing the earlier betas.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Bugs/issues I noticed:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Some strangeness to do with my character name (Syaoran) and the rival's name (Pochi) getting switched around. It happened more than once but the best example was probably when the rival's mother asks my character to deliver a parcel to her child she is incorrectly displayed as "Syaoran's Mom" and refers to my character as "Pochi".[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]It's not a bug or a real issue really but I have noticed a few grammatical problems with some of the new dialogue. This isn't really a big deal or anything but it does end up being a little jarring. If you need someone to go over text before you add it to the game I would be more than happy to offer my services.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anyway, I'm really enjoying it so far. It really breathes some new life into Pokemon Platinum.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back