• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
M-Mine was 9-10 years ago or something. I'm not even sure. But my first username was Mew20, that much I do remember. I still have that as my photobucket account! I generally remember all the usernames (that I have used more than one) I have used in the past.
What's the meaning behind your username this time anyway?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Mew20? I was 10 and thus there was no meaning to that username. It was just a Pokemon and a number I liked I guess? I'm not even sure.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
STILL ANNOYED THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO HAVE YOUR USERNAME CHANGED

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
STILL ANNOYED THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO HAVE YOUR USERNAME CHANGED

Meh, staff going back on their words.

What else is new?

*Personally, I feel that the members that were used as the tests should have been reverted back to their previous names given that the decision was to not allow name changes, again. Keeps things fair.*

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'm just annoyed that the miraculous new name changing system ended up not working and I wasn't able to get a name change in the end :(

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I just wish that there was a feature to change it whenever you wanted to. The first forum I ever joined had one.

Wait a minute. I think PokeCommunity was the first forum I joined waaaaaaaaaaaaay back. I must be remembering wrong.

Under a different obscurer username mind you. I can't even remember my old username, I'd be damned if you could find my old account since I even moved so I don't have the same IP Address as before.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

What else is new?

*Personally, I feel that the members that were used as the tests should have been reverted back to their previous names given that the decision was to not allow name changes, again. Keeps things fair.*

I'm just annoyed that the miraculous new name changing system ended up not working and I wasn't able to get a name change in the end :(

Yeah, my name change borked PC so bad that Audy was afraid to do it ever again. For some reason, Nica's have worked (both to Requility and back to Forever) just fine. I don't care that you're upset about my name change... I only volunteered as a test subject for Audy. It's not something that I was desperately wanting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
No, I mean now. BinaryPeaches. Was it just random, or...?
Okay, so what I first thought you meant. In that case have what I typed out before:

Didn't I just tell the story of my name the other day in DLTMS0? Oh well.

Years back I was on another forum under a username that had the initials DPF. But during my timeon the forum I wanted to change my name but keep my initials so I became DigiPeachFruit. Later down the line my friend and I were all 'DigiPeachFruit: the Peaches are Binary' because we were both very into Digimon and the Digital World would technically be made up of binary coding. Eventually DigiPeachFruit because BinaryPeaches because "BinaryPeaches: the Peaches are Binary" is redundant but makes more sense.

And that is the story of how my username came to be. Since then I have used other usernames but they all seem to have something to do with food.

If you want a literal meaning then:

Binary - Using or denoting a system of numerical notation that has 2 rather than 10 as a base. (Though think binary code)
Peaches - A round stone fruit with juicy yellow flesh and downy pinkish-yellow skin.
and thus
BinaryPeaches - A round stone fruit using a system of numerical notation.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Okay, so what I first thought you meant. In that case have what I typed out before:

Didn't I just tell the story of my name the other day in DLTMS0? Oh well.

If you want a literal meaning then:

Binary - Using or denoting a system of numerical notation that has 2 rather than 10 as a base. (Though think binary code)
Peaches - A round stone fruit with juicy yellow flesh and downy pinkish-yellow skin.
and thus
BinaryPeaches - A round stone fruit using a system of numerical notation.

Oh yeah, you did, now I remember.

My memory has always been a bit wonky sometimes.

Years

What else is new?

Spheal with it. Lots of things aren't fair.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Yes I'm a horrible person. After the forums exploded and were down for hours after my tests I definitely should have performed the procedure again for the sake of fairness.

Geez.

The forums are going to be down for hours at random times anyway, whats it matter if it was down a couple more to revert things back the way they were before, to keep things in line with what staff has stated in the past?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Because they don't want to risk completely breaking PC? That's kind of why they were taken away in the first place. :/

Also "Spheal with it" has been around for a while lmao.

I'm too lazy to quote but i'm sure you can tell which sentence is directed at who

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Because they don't want to risk completely breaking PC? That's kind of why they were taken away in the first place. :/

Also "Spheal with it" has been around for a while lmao.

I'm too lazy to quote but i'm sure you can tell which sentence is directed at who
Not me. Definitely not me.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
If they didn't want to risk breaking PC, then why did was it attempted in the first place?

Imo, if its more donations PC needs then we should make most/all of the additional skins a supporters benefit. Pick 10 or so at random, let those be avaliable to all but then have all the additional ones as a supporters benefit.

I'm willing to bet that there would be a fair amount of people willing to pay a bit to unlock that. It works with blogs, would work with this too.

Another idea, offer the @pokecommunity.whatever email address for $whatever a month. Odd's are, your going to have a small amount of people go for that. I'm willing to bet that there are people who like pokemon enough to pay a dollar or so a month just for that email.

Edit - Hell, you could even charge for a namechange itself. Just pick a few days out of the year, announce name changes for $1 or whatever, and do them then.

Seriously. These are ideas off the top of my head, and I'm sure that someone could think of more.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
If it's lack of resources, add a VM limit. Proably drops in the bucket, but we have a PM limit because of resources. And if I remember right, the mass amount of VM's was supposedly one of the reasons why namechanges for some members made the server instacrash.

Edit - Another thing on the skins, with the limit. Give people the option to preview the skins, and the option for them to unlock ones they want/like for a quarter each. Or something.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Audy thought he had a way to do it without PC breaking. It didn't work. Let go of your bitterness already.

ODGB1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back