• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020

Do your fan fics consist of your own characters Gym leaders and Etc.?

Partially. Some characters are my own, most are not. It's in Johto...

Bay

Years
In general, how long (in chapters and pages) are your fan fictions?
Most of my stories are usually eight chapters long cause the plot's not that long. XD However, NE I before planned sixteen chapters but then it bloomed to twenty four (yes NE has been finished but I just need to polish the last few chapters). XD

For the most part yeah, although I've done fics where I have both canon and original characters ("She Just Smiles" and NE).

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years

Yes and no. I incorporate original characters but gym leaders and stuff like that are usually canon. Although I don't tell my audience who they are I only let on to the fact that they are who they are.

Years
I like writing shippy (well, usually only in the manga) fanfics, but I don't they're any good because I've never started with a plot and I can't think of one. So I make it up along the way, but then I start getting all frantic and I rush. Dx
I'd like insight, but I'd die of embarasment if anyone read my fanfics. Dx

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Aside from a sprinkling of canon characters that I find intriguing (Miror B., Ein, Giovanni, Lorelei, etc.) I use mostly my own characters.

My region was crafted by myself, so I necessarily had to create a Gym Leader/Elite Four roster from my twisted, warped mind . Partly because I'm admittedly no good at explaining why the heck Jasmine or Wake or Norman or any of them would arbitrarily move to some new region and give up their cushy positions (and free health coverage and company Park Avenue Ultra and a pretty nice retirement benefits package) to relocate. It's all in the interest of job security. And now, before this turns into an incoherent ramble about how screwed up the United States economy is, I'll shut up and hit "reply."

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2009

Own characters, yes. Own Leaders and Elite Four members? No, but sometimes I give them different backstories/personalities then their canon ones.

delongbi

I C U
Years
Huh. I never figured out there was a writer's lounge before this... 0_0

Yup! Own region, gym leaders, everything (except physical Pokemon)... I had to make a map (though poorly drawn) to get it all straight. It was more fun creating my own stuff though!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

:D Not for my fanfiction. Apart from my main characters, everyone else was made by Nintendo. My ROM Hack is another story. In a lot of ways. xD

bobandbill

one more time
Years

For my main fic most of my characters are based on canon characters from Pokemon Colosseum - both the 'main' ones and the NPCs. But a fair few I've adapted a fair bit - some are based loosely on NPCs who are hardly shaped in the game (like a character called Tom that I have who is really nothing like the nobody NPC he is based on). Also main characters I tend to exaggerate at times, and one (Wes) is a silent protagonist in the game. But I do heavily use the 'canon' characters of Colosseum... and then make them more humorous or use them in my attempts to make comedy. (The odd character here and there is also completely original, albeit minor).

I've some other stories too though (and story ideas) which have more in the way of original characters.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

Entirely. I have my own region of Voitto where all my fics happen (they are also tied to each other in funny ways I most likely will never tell), and of course the region has its own E4 and Gym leaders. For example, we have the Champion, Lauranna, and her celebrity-younger-sister Gisella, who's also the Gym leader of the fire-type Gym, New Viridian Gym.

Voitto has its own map that shows its towns and cities, it has its own routes, it has a train system to bring people from place to place and it has its own "evil teams", antagonists and even a group of indigenous people. It has its own history and so on. It was a lot of fun to make the region, I can tell you...

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
My use of canon characters tends to be limited to small mentions and cameos. I've written one one-shot that was actually about Ash, and his older self has an appearance in a couple of chapters of The Quest for the Legends; otherwise I pretty much stick to original characters although I make references to other canon characters from time to time.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Just making another question.

What is the most common thing happening in your fan-fictions?

For me, there is shipping in some areas, but Neo looking like he doesn't care about Sarina is the largest part that has happened in my fan-fiction.

Years
Shippy moments, mostly, cuz I like writing confessions and whatnot. xD They're really cheesy and mushy. Anyway, mines also usually have main characters meeting legendaries..xD

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
In general, violence. People getting killed, usually ripped apart by Pokémon. I write dark fic. A lot.

And yet somehow, they're consistently better than the original dark fic. A lot. xD (By the way, did you ever get chapter two? I'm kind of hanging on a "received safely, lulz" or "you can't make this funny, just get a new day job" response.)

Oh, me turn, me turn!

What is the most common thing that happens in your fan-fictions?

Doing the impossible, seeing the invisible,
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH
Touch the untouchable, break the- *shot'ed*

In all seriousness, hard to say. The fanfics I've attempted and never posted are basically fragments of plotbunnies, and most of them are so different that I've never made a comparison. I do tend to have main characters who follow the formula "one slightly immature character paired with a slightly more down-to-earth and sensible character", and I blame that entirely on Jing: King of Bandits for implanting Jing and Kir in my head. Also for getting me hooked on making injokes through the names of people and places, though I suppose that part's equally Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. 0.o

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
that sounds so pleasant...

It's either that or shell out money I don't have for a therapist.

And yet somehow, they're consistently better than the original dark fic. A lot. xD

XD Yeah, but anything can be better than the original dark fic, really. I'm still WTFing a lot over the cast.

(By the way, did you ever get chapter two? I'm kind of hanging on a "received safely, lulz" or "you can't make this funny, just get a new day job" response.)

I did, and I'm sorry I haven't responded yet. I got about halfway through, but journeying back to college made me kinda... forget... I had it. *cough*

txteclipse

The Last
Years

I have lots of emotional dialogue, lol. I'm digging rather deeply into my characters' rather depressing lives. With a pickaxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back