• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
No, it isn't the problem :s

Ah, here is the error message :

Great, but just a little question, what represents this table ?

The table is a list of all the OW palettes in game. It's laid out like so:

XX XX XX XX YY 11 00 00. XX XX XX XX is the offset of the palettes, reversed, and YY is the pallete number. I might also be doing it wrong, but typing in any of those custom pallete numbers into NSE or Overworld Editor will result in an error message...You'll have to add it via hex editor.

PS ALWAYS end the table with 00 00 00 00 FF 11 00 00. That signifies the end of the table.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

You can use a Hex Editor, and the tools PokeCry and YAPE.
With YAPE, search for the POKéMON you wish to view.
29pubma.jpg

Then, open your ROM with a Hex Editor.
And then, with PokéCry...
2czsvh1.jpg

1. Go to the Table Offset...
2. Search/Find the Sample Offset (reverse it).
Sorry, that doesn't help at all. Obviously, I've already looked into it with a hex editor (its the first thing I do), and apparently no one else noticed that the order is scrambled after Celebi. Because of how YAPE and PokeCry reads the tables (except the PokeCry mod that someone posted here), all the offsets listed for Pokemon higher than Celebi are completely incorrect.

Jambo51 recently told me that there is a second cry table in the rom that determines what each Pokemon's cry is, starting from index number 252 (the number after Celebi). This is most likely because index number's 252-276 are glitch Pokemon, so the game disabled cries for those index numbers (they're all Unown cries). Does anyone know where the second cry table is in Ruby, or at least what format the second table is in?

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
It can be easily done without JPAN's engine.

Spoiler:

I have a last problem...

I copy/paste the table to a new offset ($B40000), and at the end I add this :

00 00 B3 08 20 11 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF 11 00 00

$B30000 is the offset where I put my new palette.

So, in my sprite, after "FFFF", I put the pallet number, "20", but in game, a black screen apears. It apears when I use a new pallet.

What's the problem ?

redriders180

Years
The table is a list of all the OW palettes in game. It's laid out like so:

XX XX XX XX YY 11 00 00. XX XX XX XX is the offset of the palettes, reversed, and YY is the pallete number. I might also be doing it wrong, but typing in any of those custom pallete numbers into NSE or Overworld Editor will result in an error message...You'll have to add it via hex editor.

PS ALWAYS end the table with 00 00 00 00 FF 11 00 00. That signifies the end of the table.

I have a last problem...

I copy/paste the table to a new offset ($B40000), and at the end I add this :

00 00 B3 08 20 11 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF 11 00 00

$B30000 is the offset where I put my new palette.

So, in my sprite, after "FFFF", I put the pallet number, "20", but in game, a black screen apears. It apears when I use a new pallet.

What's the problem ?

I'm assuming you repointed the palette table...if you did, then I don't know. Check in Overworld Editor or the like to make sure the palette works.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Yes, I put a pointer to the offset of my new palette at 0x0005F598 (0000B408)

I can't select my new palette in Ow... But with Nse, I can see my OW with the good palette... x)

EDIT : I made a success ! :D

I don't know what I did exactly... but it works, so I'm happy x)

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
A little hacking help

So for my hack that I'm just mucking about with I have a set of three caves; Fire cave, Water cave and Grass Cave. In these you can catch the "starters." Now first off when you get into the cave I want an encounter with th starters as if they were legendaries, the whole Sprite stood there looking at you then walks up to you and a fight occurs. However I cannot seem to get any of the starters sprites in the event section. Secondly I have it plot wise that to get into these caves you need to gain the fire/grass/water emblem, how would I go about creating these items and putting them in my hack? My thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
I'm sorry for the double-post...

I have a problem with my palettes again x_x

Here is my first new sprite composition :

FFFF201102110002100020001A01000000DB39088CDB390860D839080000850808C12208

And here is my second new sprite composition :

FFFF211102110002100020001A01000000DB39088CDB390860D83908C000850808C12208

The "1A" raises problem...

I noticed all sprites who have the number "1A" have the same palette in game. But if I put another number on the place of "1A", my new sprite is totaly black...

Solutions ? x_x

(An example) :

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Adding ditto

Hi, first time trying to alter anything and I really wanted a ditto in the game (Light platinum, if it matters). So after failing dismally to replace another pokemon with it (Although whilst we're here...*) I decided that the easiest thing to do was to take another genderless pokemon and out it in the ditto egg group. I chose driftbloon, put it into the daycare with a variety of male and female pokemon and got a load of eggs but when then hatched they were "??????????" and a bunch of nonsense.

Also I have played through this rom before with no issues but now certain pokemon/trainers freeze the game for about 30s when entering battle. Not game breaking just annoying.

What did I do wrong? Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

(P.S. Whilst we're here I'm sure this has been asked a bajillion times but paint deletes my pallete and colour settings >> sprites don't work, easy workaround?)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hi, first time trying to alter anything and I really wanted a ditto in the game (Light platinum, if it matters). So after failing dismally to replace another pokemon with it (Although whilst we're here...*) I decided that the easiest thing to do was to take another genderless pokemon and out it in the ditto egg group. I chose driftbloon, put it into the daycare with a variety of male and female pokemon and got a load of eggs but when then hatched they were "??????????" and a bunch of nonsense.

Also I have played through this rom before with no issues but now certain pokemon/trainers freeze the game for about 30s when entering battle. Not game breaking just annoying.

What did I do wrong? Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

(P.S. Whilst we're here I'm sure this has been asked a bajillion times but paint deletes my pallete and colour settings >> sprites don't work, easy workaround?)

I'm not surprised the ROM is messed up, you've probably overwritten something important with all your fiddling.

Anyway, I don't condone you editing someone's hack just for a Ditto (which is probably there anyway) but you can easily open the ROM in Advance Map, go to 'wild Pokémon' and then change one of the existing wild Pokémon for a Ditto.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
PokeCenter in Pallet

Hi, new to the forums.
I'm currently messing around with concepts before jumping into making a hack, working on scripts and map editing. What I would like to do is have a Pokemon Center in Pallet, so I copied the map and inserted as 4.5 (used 4.4 as another location too), renamed it so it was part of Pallet, set the warps etc.
In terms of normal use as a pokemon center, it works fine!
But when I white out from a battle, it sends me to Viridian PC

Uploaded a video (below) to show what I mean - sorry for the quality, my computer sucks.
EDIT: Can't give a direct link because I haven't made 15 posts, so at risk of being banned:
YOUTUBE URL + /watch?v=k5EAsB27G0o

Anybody come across a solution for this before? I've been googling for 2 hours now, just don't know what keywords to type in.

Thanks

redriders180

Years
Hi, new to the forums.
I'm currently messing around with concepts before jumping into making a hack, working on scripts and map editing. What I would like to do is have a Pokemon Center in Pallet, so I copied the map and inserted as 4.5 (used 4.4 as another location too), renamed it so it was part of Pallet, set the warps etc.
In terms of normal use as a pokemon center, it works fine!
But when I white out from a battle, it sends me to Viridian PC

Uploaded a video (below) to show what I mean - sorry for the quality, my computer sucks.
EDIT: Can't give a direct link because I haven't made 15 posts, so at risk of being banned:
YOUTUBE URL + /watch?v=k5EAsB27G0o

Anybody come across a solution for this before? I've been googling for 2 hours now, just don't know what keywords to type in.

Thanks

This is probably because there is a set number of Pokemon Centers allowable in-game. There's twenty Pokemon Centers in Kanto, and you must have twenty. Additionally, they cant be moved around willy-nilly without hex editing. One fix is to use JPANs hack engine to increase the number of Pokemon Centers to basically infinity. The second is to use an existing Pokemon Center that warps to the Pallet Town one. The third is to hex-edit the map and bank the game warps you too.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hi, I played around with Emerald via Advance Map. But for some reason, everytime I enter Dewford Town via surf or walking, my game freezes. Do you guys have any idea why this could be? Also, is there any way of fixing it?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hi, I played around with Emerald via Advance Map. But for some reason, everytime I enter Dewford Town via surf or walking, my game freezes. Do you guys have any idea why this could be? Also, is there any way of fixing it?
The definition what you really did makes a lot of sense you know.
The most likely reason for the freezing though is that you've "damaged" Dewford Town's script header.

See how script headers work and fix it to what is was used to be.

redriders180

Years
On the tab 'wild pokémon' how come I can't have a cave background?! Help!

If you're talking about pokemon that appear in caves, it uses the exact same data from the "Grass" section. If you're talking about the physical background that appears when initiating a wild battle, that's controlled via tile numbers, and not the wild pokemon tab.

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
We are trying to insert a world map into fire red, however we need it to have two regions. this will require a tile limit of 512 or better still 1024, but as of current the fire red map only contains 256 tiles. Does any one know how to go about increasing the limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back