• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GBA/NDS musics ripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Er, could you post the link in .zip format? Or send it to me, if that's what you prefer?

I can't get a program that can unpackage .rar on my computer, and I would really like to try hacking music..

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
well, if you have the tools, then you should make a new thread (or move this one) in the toolbox.

Anyway, if you keep this up, we may no longer need sappy (assuming you make a tool to put songs into the game...)

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
well, if you have the tools, then you should make a new thread (or move this one) in the toolbox.

Anyway, if you keep this up, we may no longer need sappy (assuming you make a tool to put songs into the game...)
What are you saying xd.... may no longer need Sappy,..impossible....Sappy Assembler is the only one link between the mid format and sound ingame....what do you dislike on it?

Add to this no one have the courage todo the same tool or radicaly say unable to.

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
I may be asking a strange question but the NDS midi tracks sound remixed. How do I heR THEM IN THEIR orgianl format?

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
the NDS tracks do not sound like they would min the game, like thier using diferent insturments or something o that effedt

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
The game changes the tracks massively (on Meta Knight's Revenge from Kirby Super Star Ultra) or minimally (VS. Regirock/ice/steel from Pokemon Platinum) to make them sound different. What you are hearing is the original and if you don't like it, delete some tracks temporarily and see what you get. Use back-ups.

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
ok then... and how will that change anything???

OH WELL.

What is the stream folder for? The picture says wav files; what wav files? That folder is also empty for me from each of the games I have extracted from: Nintendogs, Pokemon Diamond and New Super Mario Bros. Is trhis my falt or someone elses?

As by wav does it mean the actual songs (as they sound in game) because this is what I eralyl want.

And another thing...
Options:
-x extract files only(no decoding)
-s show processing status
--help show this usage
How do you use these options? And what do they all do? Or, do I chanmge something or other?

darlly

Nnknesso Boutadaa
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 3, 2009
useless ask because aminex will be absent for very a long time

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'm not sure what is the stream folder and ignore the options, they are useless. The stream folder may be for streaming files, but the Nintendo Dual System, Dual System Lite, and Dual System(i) do it by themselves.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yeah, well, this program does rip music from mainly 75-85% out of all 3200+75(demos and G&W Collections) or over roms. I just found that out by trying it with 20 random roms.

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
Well I need help from someonme. Can this program extract sound files as WAV files that are the soundtracks as the game would play them? The strean folder, After all, in the image in the first post it does mention it contains wav files.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yes, in the third folder it does. But those are just SFX, so I don't bother. Just change the folder with midi files to read by size and done. You will find music easier, that's my hint. Also, WINAMP is a great program for those files. Try using that for them.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Some songs have an extra part to it. How do I know? There are unused songs and Eterna City/Game Corner are partially distorted compared to the games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 21, 2009
I can't get this right. I'm dying to put the soundtrack on my iPod, but I can't get the files right.

Does anyone have a link to download the soundtrack to PMD 1 and/or 2? If so, can you PM it to me?
I've been looking for it for a LONG time! I CAN'T FIND IT!!! ='(

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
It's easy. Download the rom (do it yourself) and put it in the same folder as the program. Move the ROM over the program to extract the music and waste a lot of hours ordering it and then converting to mp3 (which is easy!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 21, 2009
Yes, I know how to extract the files, but the raw MIDI files are warped. It doesn't sound anything like the in-game rendering. You can sometimes tell what its SUPPOSED to be, but its severely warped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back