• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

They see me rollin'

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Fifth Gen is awesome. After a crap Platinum metagame, it's nice to see some actual variety for a change, especially with all the new pokes running around. I decided to try out a passive stall team since there seems to be some cool defensive combos available.

Gigaisu_by_arkeis_pokemon.png

@ Custap Berry
Sturdy - Careful Nature
252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Att
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

I find this guy to be a pretty reliable lead most of the time. At the very least it can get my rocks up and attempt to take something down with me. Against taunt users, EdgeQuake 2HKO's most of them. Probably not the best idea to be running a suicide lead for a defensive team though. I'm definitely thinking about changing him up.

180px-593Burungel_Blue_Dream.png

@ Leftovers
Water Absorb - Calm Nature
252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Def
- Boiling Water
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Recover

Part one of my defensive core, he has great synergy with Natt. Obviously I don't need to explain that in-depth, but this guy is great for spreading around status and generally being an annoyance.

nuttre_by_torterria-d2z07vc.png

@ Leftovers
Iron Barbs - Impish Nature
252 HP / 168 Def / 80 Sp Def
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Nattorei compliments Buru very well and can easily switch in and start getting spikes up. Leech Seed adds to his survivability, and Gyro Ball and Power Whip are actually very strong attacks when I absolutely have to use them.

latias4.gif

@ Leftovers
Levitate - Timid Nature
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Def
- Wish
- Reflect
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

I'm so glad I can use Latias again. She is incredibly important in keeping the momentum in my favor by passing off fast wishes. Reflect is mostly there in case I encounter a Pursuit user, and Dragon Pulse and Surf give great type coverage so she isn't total set-up bait.

roopushin_by_petetoaddy-d2zsn2w.png

@ Leftovers
Guts - Adamant Nature
120 HP / 252 Att / 136 Sp Def
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Taunt

This guy is great. Guts lets me handle status and pumps up his already huge attack. Mach Punch checks a ton of threats, and Drain Punch keeps him fairly health even if he's burned/poisoned. I can't believe Drain Punch is has 75 base power now, lol. Payback rounds off his type coverage, and Taunt is mainly filler but can help prevent my opponent from setting up a sweeper or entry hazards.

heatran.gif

@ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire - Naive Nature
252 Sp Att / 252 Speed / 4 Att
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- HP Ice
- Explosion

What better way to round off the team than with good ol' scarftran. He's an all-around team player and performs multiple important roles, I'm sure you're all familiar with him.

Anyway, this is only my second team so there may be a few weaks here or there (or more). But w/e I just felt like posting a team, lol.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Roob wants Bulk Up over Taunt, Taunt doesn't do anything and it doesn't fear status or any PHazer.

Id prolly make Latias a CMer with Reflect (or with Roar over Reflect, though this does leave you at risk from Pursuit but who cares if they use Pursuit you get more Spikes up lol). Your team doesn't benefit from Wishes really and CM lets your team not be total CM Rankurusu bait.

Heatran is also a pretty meh scarfer imo. Not only does Rain make it totally useless, but it doesn't revenge kill that much at all. Get a better Scarfer IMO. (See: Garchomp, Terakion, Sazandora and the like)

I also like Taunt on my Burungeru this stops Forry etc being like "Oh well i dont care if he blocked my Spin or Burns me because ill set set up more Spikes to cripple his whole team". This cost me a game recently vs KG gen 4 when i used Rotom to block his Forry. :/

EDIT: Oh and Gigaith seems like a wasted slot too. Not only doesn't it support the team, but there is alot of other stuff that can set up SR and actually do more. Id look into something to stop foe leads setting up (see: Magic Coat or a Spinner) because you don't have anything to deter hazards and if they set up multiple layers of Spikes you are effectively screwed.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Thanks for the comments guys.

Any ideas on replacements for Gigaiasu and Tran? I was actually thinking about Scarf Sazandora but I'm unsure of what EVs/moves to use.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Maybe you could replace Gigalith with the standard suicide lead Aerodactyl:
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Earthquake
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
(disregard if you've already found something else to replace Gigalith)

Since you're running Gyro Ball on Nattorei, it should be Relaxed with a 0 Speed IV.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Maybe you could replace Gigalith with the standard suicide lead Aerodactyl:
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Earthquake
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
(disregard if you've already found something else to replace Gigalith)

Since you're running Gyro Ball on Nattorei, it should be Relaxed with a 0 Speed IV.

Well I'm trying lead Forry, but he hasn't done much in these tournament battles. Still making changes and stuff, but lead Aero doesn't fit on this team very well since it's mostly stall based :x

And I have relaxed and 0 Speed IV already.

Back